1,219 Reviews

Published on October 21, 2011 by FireFlyGuy

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great when it works
Published on April 5, 2012 by Deb Woodward

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri 4x3 razor pedometer, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer with Bosch Tri-Axis Technology from Germany, Black (Health and Beauty)
I have had this pedometer for just over a week. It is a great way to remind yourself how inactive you can become when you work long days behind a desk and make little time for exercise. It is also a good way to realize how far you need to walk in order to reach the daily recommended 10,000 steps (approx 5 miles for the average person). So for me it is about the awareness to be more active. I also plan to use it for hikes.

I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this pedometer and I found that many were sub standard and had some unexpected problems. I wanted to make sure I purchased one that did not have a bunch of limitations or design flaws and this one met that criteria.

It is clear to me a lot of thought went into designing this pedometer. Here is my assessment of the pros and cons.

Cons
====
* Text next to the lower display is very small, hard to read for aging eyes in low light, but can easily be memorized (time, miles, kcal, Extime, total steps). I would imagine every pedometer has this issue.

Pros
====
* Easy to setup, including setting stride length to calculate mileage
* Many options (daily steps, time, miles, kcal, Extime, total steps)
* Energy saving mode so battery life is preserved (came with spare battery)
* Nice design where it only counts real steps, so it is very accurate
* Can wear on belt or in pocket
* Light weight, thin and small, but not too small

If you select this pedometer, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device for walkers, September 28, 2011
Boziz (Memphis, TN) - See all my reviews
I use this device to track my walking. I walk to music that I have compiled that is 116 to 120 beats per minute. My stride length is 2.75 feet. I usually walk in 3 mile increments. I have checked this device's mileage calculation against several measured trails and it is very accurate. It weighs less than my car key and has a very sturdy clip that stays attached to my waistband. The calories burned calculation compares favorably to formulas I've used from the web. I'm very pleased with this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4X3 Razor Pedometer review, February 17, 2012

Day 1: received in mail---packaging was good---easy to get to the pedometer. Noticed it came with extra battery/small screwdriver, instructions and lanyard. Following instructions, I pulled plastic tab to activate unit and had it setup in just about a minute. Controls are straight forward and easy to work. I guessed at the stride length setting it at 2.50 which is a 30" stride.

Day 2: did a measurement for stride length---took 4 different "speed" readings and got 4 different stride lengths. Settled on leaving it set
where it was at 2.50. Hit the tread mill----made adjustment in stride length down to 2.25---walked ˝ mile and checked. Unit read .44mile. Adjusted back to 2.50 stride length---walked another ˝ mile and checked. Unit read .49 mile. At this point I am thrilled with the product. This is by far better than any other unit I have tried. One final test---going on the pavement with GPS to check speed/distance readings.

Day 3: Zeroed pedometer and walked 2 miles without stopping. Pedometer read 1.98 miles. GPS average speed for entire walk was 2.8 miles per hour. This unit gets A+++++ rating from me.

A word about stride length---they are wildly variable. Your length in a house will be less than your length walking fast on a trail. I chose to try and get a "middle of the road" average so that I do not have to keep resetting it when I move from indoor to outdoor activities, although resetting is very easy to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding pedometer, May 21, 2012
B. Le (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
In the past, I've used many mechanical pedometers. The durability of those pedometers is less than desiring as I have to constantly replace them. I went online and researched the different types of pedometers, read many reviews and finally decided on the Ozeri 4X3 Razor. The price is reasonable and it has many good reviews. The pedometer arrives fast and I was surprised on how thin it was. My other pedometers have twice the thickness.

Setting it up was very simple. I wasn't sure of my step length though. I first set it up to 2.5 as recommended by the many reviews but after testing a few times on a treadmill, I lowered it to 2.25. At 5' 4" tall, my step length is not too long. I would have like it if I could set it in 0.05 increments, but 2.25 is close enough. I walk on the treadmill a lot so have done some statistical analysis of what the pedometer tells me and what the treadmill reports.

I've note down the information after having walked 1.05 miles on the treadmill at different incremental speeds. At 3.6mph and 3.7mph, the Ozeri pedometer is almost right on. As I increase the speed of the treadmill, I take larger steps so the accuracy go down, but not by much as noted below. The only discrepancy is when I ran at 5.5mph. My strides are longer so the Ozeri did not count correctly. I have to note that this pedometer is not made for joggers, but for walkers. It does its counting and statistics calculation extremely well in the latter.

Brisk walking (time, miles per hour, steps counted, miles reported, calories burned)
* 17min 45sec, 3.6mph, 2450 steps, 1.04 mi, 104.6 cal
* 17min 14sec, 3.7mph, 2452 steps, 1.04 mi, 102.2 cal
* 16min 50sec, 3.8mph, 2339 steps, 1.00 mi, 97.7 cal
* 17min 06sec, 3.8mph, 2349 steps, 1.00 mi, 93.4 cal
* 16min 20sec, 3.9mph, 2391 steps, 1.02 mi, 104.3 cal
* 16min 00sec, 4.0mph, 2289 steps, 0.97 mi, 100.6 cal

Jogging
* 11m 40s, 5.5mph, 1566 steps, 0.67 mi, 55.7 cal

Another thing I noticed is that if I walk slowly and infrequently and although the pedometer would report many steps by the end of the day, the calorie count would be low. It reflects my infrequent steps. I could take 10,000 steps a day and burn less than 200 calories! Where as if my steps were sustained within a short period of time, the calorie count would be much higher. The same 10,000 sustained and continuous steps would show around 400+ calories burned! This pedometer wants you to move.

What I like about the Ozeri 4X3 Razor:
+ Counts silently
+ Counts even when in sleep mode (no display)
+ Memory retains up to 7 days of steps
+ Calories-burned count is differentiated between infrequent stops and sustained steps
+ Accurately counts distance walked (provided that you set your stride length correctly)
+ Does not matter where you wore it (be it pocket, belt, over neck), it counts
+ If you don't wear a watch, you can use it to check the time
+ Durable... it probably fell a dozen time when it slips out of my hand or when it fell out of the belt clip, but it keeps on counting

What I didn't care for:
- I wear it on my belt a lot and sometimes when I run, it would slip out of the belt clip and fall to the ground (my solution to this is to stick a little bit of double sided tape on the back area between the clip and the pedometer).
- I would like to be able to set a "reset" time as I sometimes still exercise after midnight when it resets to 0 for the following day.
- I would like to be able to set the stride increments of "0.05" instead of "0.25"

I read some reviews on how easily the face of the pedometer is scratched. I solved this problem by trimming a cheap cell phone LCD screen protector and sticking it onto the Ozeri. Not a single scratch since I did it.

It has been roughly 40 days since I purchased and used the Ozeri. So far, it counted 520128 steps! I bring it with me everywhere and have challenged myself to walk as much as possible. You would be surprise on how much more you would walk if you give yourself a goal everyday. Overall, I love this little unit and would definitely recommend it.

--- Update 9/17/2013 ---

Just an update on my Ozeri pedometer. As of 9/17/2013, the pedometer is no longer working. I've owned it for a little more than a year. I guessed one too many drops earlier in its life did it in. The pedometer still works but the LCD is no longer displaying information. There are a bar here and there, but nothing that can be read. It was great while it worked.

As a reminder for others who walk/jog a lot using this pedometer; if you use a belt clip, I suggest you add a little piece of double stick tape in between the belt clip and the pedometer to prevent it from sliding out, causing premature malfunction like it did mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice slim pedometer, September 7, 2011
Perfect for slipping into a pocket and forgetting about it. Just be sure you don't send it through the wash because you forgot it was in your pocket. It doesn't have the backlight feature like the other 4x3 motion pedometer, but the battery will last longer due to it counting steps even when in sleep mode. It counts steps a little lower than the original 4x3, or maybe the other one counted too high, but they are comparable. Overall, a good pedometer for the money. You need to press a button now to see the count, whereas the other ozeri pedometer would display it whenever it was counting. But the trade off is the longer battery life vs the convenience of the display.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great when it works, April 5, 2012
Deb Woodward (Bloomington, IN, US) - See all my reviews
When I first received this pedometer it was great. Easy to set up, easy to use, etc. However after a week of carrying it, it stopped working. I pressed buttons, my husband changed the battery...and there it is, it wasn't that the battery had died, no the little drawer that holds the battery keeps popping open just enough to break the power connection. I have now lost my data 3 times, because it seems to be a "learned" move on the part of the pedometer. The drawer opens just enough to break the connection pretty much every day now. Not what I bargained for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri 4X3 Rzor Pedometer, August 11, 2012
I like the overall featuers of the product, but I have a problem with the accuracy. I put the pedometer on my belt this morning walked out the door and got in my car. Maybe 50-60 steps, tops. I drove to work and now I have 300 steps calculated!!! The thing is hypersensitive to the point where just driving with it can trigger the sensor when on a the road. Not very happy since there is no way to turn it off or pause it when your not actually walking/running. I know most people like the "put it on and not worry about it" ease of use. But if you really want to track steps/total distance/calories burned, you may need to decide if this is the right product.

One of my biggest concerns is the absolute lack of any kind of support on the Ozeri website. This devioe is not even shown on the website at all!!!

I can reset it each time i'm ready to use the device but this is not why I bought it. I wanted something that I could just put on forget it about it for the day and have it keep track of my steps/distance and now I can't be sure how much of it is me or how much is the car/moving around, or whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pedometer, April 6, 2012
I got my pedometer a week ago, and was very pleased with it. It keeps track of steps, and will track steps from previous days, which is awesome. Unfortunately, on the fifth day of my life with my little Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pedometer, it fell into the toilet. It remains to be seen whether it can be dried out and repaired by using the spare battery that comes with it. So, I encourage you to use the strap when securing your pedometer to your belt or belt loops. One of us making this mistake is bad enough (and embarrassing!). Don't repeat what I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars On to 10,000 steps a day!, April 28, 2012
As part of my goal this year to get more physically active, I looked for a pedometer that would motivate me to walk 10,000 steps (or about 5 miles) a day. The Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer with Bosch Tri-Axis Technology seems to fit my needs perfectly. It records my steps, distance, calories, fat burned and exercise time, and has a 7-day memory which I often glance at to see how active I've been in the past week. Its slim profile stays secure in my pocket with the detachable lanyard. I use it predominantly for running outdoors, and on the treadmill, and it stays in my pocket during the entire workweek, and on weekends. Initial setup was really easy, and the included extra lithium battery was a great addition. So far, I've been really impressed with its accuracy and compactness, and never leave home without it!

A couple of things that could further improve it:
A courtesy light to view the numbers while in the dark
Capability for data uploading/tracking on a computer or a smartphone app

Overall, I'm very impressed and would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Very Worth It!, August 9, 2011
This is the best pedometer I have ever used. It is so easy to use and puts into consideration your stride length and weight. The product is ready to use right away and it literally takes a few minutes to set up! I am so excited to continue to use this to stay fit and get enough steps per day! There are different records that this amazing pedometer can record for you. It is a great tool for anyone who wants to know 1- how many steps, 2- distance traveled, 3- calories burned, 4- exercise time!

I want to buy one for everyone that I know!

Rate and Discover Movies