5.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener
Published on October 1, 2010 by Frank M

3.0 out of 5 stars Flaw in Foil Cutter
Got the wine opener, opened the box and heard a rattle. The foil cutter was already broken. It is the top piece of the wine opener. Yes, it could still be used without it but it just didn't look right without it. I decided to return it.

Published on July 4, 2010 by G Fam

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener, October 1, 2010
Frank M (Grand Prairie, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener with Removable Free Foil Cutter, Elegant Black (Kitchen)
I have had this product approximately 10 months and it is still going strong on initial charge. We have owned several wine bottle openers in the past and this is the best we have ever had. I read some comments about the foil cutter being flawed but we have had no problem and it is used a lot. It is one of the few that my wife can use with no problem. Best value for the price out there. Purchased for $14.95, but still a good deal at $19.75.
Just want to update. We recently moved and misplaced the charger for our wine opener. I called Ozeri customer service to see where I could get a replacement and they VOLUNTEERED to send me a new one for no charge. Cant beat that for customer service!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener with Removable Free Foli Cutter, August 24, 2010
I purchased this wine opener because I am a Flight Attendant. We open many bottles of wine and this opener has proved to be a wonderful gadget. The passengers love it and want to know where I got it. It's only drawback is the foil cutter. The piece that holds it in place on the wine opener needs to be much stronger. It broke off after a few uses. Even though it still works it's sometimes hard to keep up with. I love this opener so maybe Ozeri needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink how the foil cutter is attached. Maybe metal rather than plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product; Wonderful customer service, September 13, 2010
At Christmas time, 2009, I purchased three Ozeri electric wine openers. I kept one and gave two as gifts. They are the easiest wine opener my arthritic fingers have ever used! Recently I was told the foil cutter and the recharge units were not working on one of the gifts. I contacted Ozeri directly and also Amazon.
Happily, Ozeri's Customer Service Specialist, Bryan, contacted me, sent a brand new replacement not just parts. I will certainly buy this product in the future from this seller.
Stella Sleater

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gift for wine lovers, October 16, 2010
Barrie W (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
I received this as a gift and thought it was a gimmick but charged it anyway. Love how the cutter works - in response to the other reviews, if you are careful returning it to its place, it will hold up over time. The opener is so easy to use and everyone that has been at my house when we used it loved it. It's a great conversation piece and really does make opening even stubborn rubber corks easy. I came back to buy more as gifts for the wine lovers I know for the holidays and thought I would contribute a review. If you know a wine drinker and are looking for a great gift, this is it! The black and red versions are cheaper if silver isn't needed but I cannot recommend this product enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars Flaw in Foil Cutter, July 4, 2010

The major flaw is if you squeeze the foil cutter while on the wine opener, in any other position other than "open" it will cut the piece that is supposed to keep the foil cutter in place!

No complaints about the wine opener! It worked perfectly, just wish the foil cutter was better placed.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, July 19, 2010
Works well but I broke the foil cutter the very first time I removed it. The plastic piece that holds the cutter onto the top of the opener is broken off and now I cannot reattach the cutter. Oh well, I have it stored in a place where it won't get knocked over and lost. The opener works well. Removes synthetic and wood corks with ease. Too bad about the broken cutter :(

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, October 18, 2010
I got this for a party I was having and everyone thought it was the coolest thing! It has a blue light when it's charging and removing the cork and it's just neat to watch! Love it! Great value! Happy Happy Happy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery died in two months., January 7, 2013
I rarely write reviews but in this case I fell compelled to write one because a few weeks after purchasing this item I received a message from the manufacturer explaining that they're a small business, US-based (even though the product is made in china), bla-bla-bla and encouraging me to write a review (a positive one, they clearly hoped). Well, there was no reason to do it back then but that has changed: the Ozeri Nouveaux is pretty (the blue light is a nice touch) but after two months the battery no longer retains enough juice to make it work properly. The motor spins and makes a 'working noise' but the power isn't sufficient to even scratch the surface of a cork. I've kept it permanently connected to the charger, but that doesn't seem to have been of much help. I don't have any other similar product to suggest and my only advice is simply 'don't buy this one'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything as advertised, October 30, 2010
This wine opener is so easy to use I wish I had purchased it long ago. It comes with a battery charger and operates easily and smoothly. I am very pleased. It did require an intitial charge of eight hours, so don't expect to use it right away out of the package. At this point I have opened about two dozen bottles and it shows no sign of needing a re-charge, which will be simple to do when it eventually slows. I highly recommend this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Oster, but I miss the base!, September 6, 2011
We got this after having the Oster for about 3-4 years, buying it for all our relatives and loving the product. Finally, the worm broke on a difficult cork.

I was going to buy another Oster but was thinking to get rid of the charging base that I perceived was taking up space on the counter. After reading reviews, I purchased the Ozeri.

The Ozeri is stronger than the Oster and looks a lot cooler. It works really well. Surprisingly, I miss the charger base of the Oster because it is unleashed when you pick it up. I usually don't want to deal with unplugging the Ozeri, so I just use it tethered.

I also do not use the foil cutter because of other feedback on this site. I still use the separate one that came with my Oster.

This opener has a stronger motor than the Oster and for that reason, I would buy another. I wish it would automatically unplug itself for use somehow but without a charging base, I don't see how that would be possible.

My parents take the Oster to parties all the time and it is a big hit. I imagine this one would be, too, because you'd take the opener without the plug. It looks a lot cooler unplugged. :-)