Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2010
I have had this product approximately 10 months and it is still going strong on initial charge. We have owned several wine bottle openers in the past and this is the best we have ever had. I read some comments about the foil cutter being flawed but we have had no problem and it is used a lot. It is one of the few that my wife can use with no problem. Best value for the price out there. Purchased for $14.95, but still a good deal at $19.75.
Just want to update. We recently moved and misplaced the charger for our wine opener. I called Ozeri customer service to see where I could get a replacement and they VOLUNTEERED to send me a new one for no charge. Cant beat that for customer service!

12/1/15--Just an update to say our opener is still doing great. We now leave it plugged in most of the time as the batteries do not stay charged as long as they did however they still do a great job. I probably need to change the corkscrew as it seems to be a bit dull after all the years. We have given this as gift to several people and all have been very pleased. This has been a great opener for us and is even a greater value now at the $13.00 price.
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2010
I purchased this wine opener because I am a Flight Attendant. We open many bottles of wine and this opener has proved to be a wonderful gadget. The passengers love it and want to know where I got it. It's only drawback is the foil cutter. The piece that holds it in place on the wine opener needs to be much stronger. It broke off after a few uses. Even though it still works it's sometimes hard to keep up with. I love this opener so maybe Ozeri needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink how the foil cutter is attached. Maybe metal rather than plastic.
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2010
At Christmas time, 2009, I purchased three Ozeri electric wine openers. I kept one and gave two as gifts. They are the easiest wine opener my arthritic fingers have ever used! Recently I was told the foil cutter and the recharge units were not working on one of the gifts. I contacted Ozeri directly and also Amazon.
Happily, Ozeri's Customer Service Specialist, Bryan, contacted me, sent a brand new replacement not just parts. I will certainly buy this product in the future from this seller.
Stella Sleater
on July 4, 2010
Got the wine opener, opened the box and heard a rattle. The foil cutter was already broken. It is the top piece of the wine opener. Yes, it could still be used without it but it just didn't look right without it. I decided to return it.

The major flaw is if you squeeze the foil cutter while on the wine opener, in any other position other than "open" it will cut the piece that is supposed to keep the foil cutter in place!

No complaints about the wine opener! It worked perfectly, just wish the foil cutter was better placed.
on October 16, 2010
I received this as a gift and thought it was a gimmick but charged it anyway. Love how the cutter works - in response to the other reviews, if you are careful returning it to its place, it will hold up over time. The opener is so easy to use and everyone that has been at my house when we used it loved it. It's a great conversation piece and really does make opening even stubborn rubber corks easy. I came back to buy more as gifts for the wine lovers I know for the holidays and thought I would contribute a review. If you know a wine drinker and are looking for a great gift, this is it! The black and red versions are cheaper if silver isn't needed but I cannot recommend this product enough!
on January 7, 2013
I rarely write reviews but in this case I fell compelled to write one because a few weeks after purchasing this item I received a message from the manufacturer explaining that they're a small business, US-based (even though the product is made in china), bla-bla-bla and encouraging me to write a review (a positive one, they clearly hoped). Well, there was no reason to do it back then but that has changed: the Ozeri Nouveaux is pretty (the blue light is a nice touch) but after two months the battery no longer retains enough juice to make it work properly. The motor spins and makes a 'working noise' but the power isn't sufficient to even scratch the surface of a cork. I've kept it permanently connected to the charger, but that doesn't seem to have been of much help. I don't have any other similar product to suggest and my only advice is simply 'don't buy this one'.
on July 19, 2010
Works well but I broke the foil cutter the very first time I removed it. The plastic piece that holds the cutter onto the top of the opener is broken off and now I cannot reattach the cutter. Oh well, I have it stored in a place where it won't get knocked over and lost. The opener works well. Removes synthetic and wood corks with ease. Too bad about the broken cutter :(
on August 11, 2011
I ordered this wine opener for my husband for his birthday. He is famous for tearing up a cork when he uses a traditional cork-screw. I had heard of electric wine openers before, but never used one. After checking out the reviews and the price, I decided it would be worth it to give this one a try. In my mind, even if it didn't really work as great as I would have expected at least it would be good as a joke gift.

Boy was I surprised once we got this home and started using it. This is a fantastic product! It is easy to use, quick, and pretty cool at that. It has kept it's charge really well so far, and I have to say that I am impressed. My husband has no idea what I paid, but I know he wouldn't believe how great of a deal I got. A regular, old fashioned cork-screw doesn't cost much less and it is way harder to use. I love this product, and I think I'll be getting one for my Mom soon!
on July 19, 2012
We purchased this wine opener to replace a manual corkscrew that lasted only a year. The Ozeri does a great job of removing the cork quickly and easily. The fact that the bottom of the unit is clear, allows you to accurately guide the device over the cork and see the removal process. Having the foil cutter right on the unit is an added bonus - you no longer have to search for one in a drawer. The charge lasts a long time. I've been using it for several weeks now (about 25 bottles) and it's still on the original charge. I'm impressed at the quality of this unit and would definitely recommend it!
on September 6, 2011
We got this after having the Oster for about 3-4 years, buying it for all our relatives and loving the product. Finally, the worm broke on a difficult cork.

I was going to buy another Oster but was thinking to get rid of the charging base that I perceived was taking up space on the counter. After reading reviews, I purchased the Ozeri.

The Ozeri is stronger than the Oster and looks a lot cooler. It works really well. Surprisingly, I miss the charger base of the Oster because it is unleashed when you pick it up. I usually don't want to deal with unplugging the Ozeri, so I just use it tethered.

I also do not use the foil cutter because of other feedback on this site. I still use the separate one that came with my Oster.

This opener has a stronger motor than the Oster and for that reason, I would buy another. I wish it would automatically unplug itself for use somehow but without a charging base, I don't see how that would be possible.

My parents take the Oster to parties all the time and it is a big hit. I imagine this one would be, too, because you'd take the opener without the plug. It looks a lot cooler unplugged. :-)
55 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse