Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ozeri OW05A Prestige Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Aerating Pourer and Foil Cutter
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 2.16x9.41|Change

on August 11, 2012
I bought this to replace and aging Rabbit that no longer worked. I've opened about 25 bottles of wine so far on a single charge, and it has worked flawlessly. People have complained about it not working on artificial corks, but so far I have not found that to be a problem. I am always experimenting with wines, and I have used it on at least 5 artificial corks with no issue. The aerator and foil cutter are a nice addition, and I find I use them all the time. If I have any complaint at all, it is the speed. It takes a good 8-10 seconds to fully open a bottle, and about the same to eject the cork. With my manual Rabbit, this took maybe 4-5 seconds total (remove and eject). This is pretty minor complaint, and just an adjustment from what I was used to. That said, the Rabbit did take some decent hand strength, and my wife could never do it. She has no problem using the Ozeri.

One other item of note is that it is difficult to get the screw to enter the center of the cork. This does not seem to impede the removal, but it does sometimes make the cork unusable to re-stop the bottle. I always use reusable vacuum stoppers, anyway, so this is not an issue for me.

I'll be curious to see how it continues to work. The advertisements tout 80 bottles on a single charge. Not sure if I buy that, but we will see. I also wonder what will happen if the battery dies while ejecting the cork. The design would make manual removal difficult.

The future will be telling, but so far, I am impressed.
So simple, so easy! After charging on the base for the recommended 12 hours (which I easily did over night), I simply used the included foil cutter to twist back and forth around the top for removing the foil and placed the Wine Opener securely on top. It works better if in an upright position, so I made sure to keep it upright on the table. With a simple one button operation, I pushed on the lower part of the button and waited until the motor stopped, lifted up to see the cork had been removed and was secured inside the wine opener itself. Then with a touch of the top part of the button, the released itself. This all took a matter of seconds, literally. You don't have to be a wine drinker to be amazed by the ease of that! So simple, so controlled and easy enough for an inexperienced wine opener, like myself, to do in a matter of seconds. It won't need to be charged for a long time (up to 80 bottles later!) and it looks so modern and elegant sitting on the table. I thought it would be heavy, but it's so light in weight and doesn't take up much room at all. The bonus wine aerator is great, keeping the wine optimal, fresh and easy to pour. I love it!

Disclosure: I received the product mentioned above courtesy of the sponsor for the purpose of an honest review on my family friendly blog, Yee Wittle Things. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. The views/opinions expressed are 100% honest and from my own personal experience with the product mentioned. My review on Amazon was by my choice for love of the product, but not required.
on December 25, 2012
I purchased this after reading great reviews. Unfortunately my experience is very different.

On the fourth bottle of wine the cork became stuck inside and would not come out. After removing the screws to get inside the bottle opener I was able to dislodge the cork.....only to reassemble the opener and have the next cork become stuck inside. This is being returned with the cork inside.

I also purchased several of these as gifts for friends and hope their experience is much better than mine.

I'm going back to the tried and true 'wine key' and forgetting the fancy gadgets.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2016
This thing is soooooooooooooooo cool. I thought that even though it is electric it would still require me to put in some work but that was not the case. All I had to do was cut off the foil with the foil cutter provided. The directions say charge 12 hours prior to use. I did not do that, I used it right out the box and then charged it afterwords. I refused to wait 12 hours. It was simply ... cut the foil off....align the spiral thing with the cork ... press the down button until the cork comes out .... press the up button to release the cork. And there you have your cork free wine.It requires very little effort. Thee design and the feel of the product is very high quality and does not feel cheap. I did not use the aerator , I have two of my own and I did not like the one they provided .

OFF THE RECORD ..... Also just a month before I got this wine opener I purchased a scale from this company via walmart. The scale I received was defective and would not work. Instead of calling Walmart I called the company Ozeri to see if I was doing something wrong. I was not and without me even asking .. she told me she would send me a new scale free of charge . All I had to do was send the defective scale back once I received the new one with the prepaid label. So just an FYI this company offers great customer service and quality product , and for a company that is not well known that is very important.

I recived the electric wine opener for free in exchange for my honest review .
on January 3, 2016
Although I think this is one of the better looking electric openers on the market, I've experienced a couple of disappointing flaws:

1 - It it much louder than my last opener (an Oster)
2 - It has a hard time ejecting some corks.. it will remove them from the bottle just fine, but when trying to eject the cork from the opener, the cork just continues to "slip" and never ejects. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the cork in place while ejecting it. This seems to be particularly problematic with those high density foam-type corks.

Too bad they can't put the guts from a better opener in this better looking shell.

UPDATE - After a few weeks of using this, its failed to eject the cork about 1/3rd of the time, so I have to return it. I do think this is the bst looking opener on the market, but unfortunately it fails too much.
on May 16, 2013
Worked well enough (though not spectacularly) initially and then began to make a grinding noise, shortly after which it completely ceased to function. I'd recommend you try to get some serious use out of it while it's still in the returnable stage to make sure you don't suffer the same fate. Was a gift for the wife and she, needless to say, hates it.

Update: After sitting in a pile on my work room for a while I decided to open this up to see if it could be fixed. Long story short, it's important bits are made of cheap nasty plastic and can't be fixed without all new cogs (see my product pictures). Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for an opener.
review image review image
on June 3, 2016
We drink a fair amount of wine in our household, and up until now have always used the manual corkscrew removers. They're not overly hard to use or complex, but nowhere as convenient as this electric opener. I was excited when I ran across it and couldn't wait to give it a try.

Not only has it worked well for us so far, but it's a great addition to our wine rack. It looks great sitting on it and is super convenient to quickly grab out of the charging base.

Setup was easy - just plug in the adapter to the charging base and into your wall outlet and place the opener in it. The light should begin to flash red indicating it's charging. Our did this for the better part of a day before it turned to a solid green light, indicating it was fully charged.

It does make a little bit of noise when using it. It reminds me of the old wind-up toys with the little white handles we had when we were kids, although it's a little louder. It's fairly quick to remove the cork. I'm not sure if I did it wrong, but I had to lightly hold the cork with my fingers when reversing the operation to get it to come off of the opener. I've posted a few pictures showing it before the cork, with the cork, and a partially removed cork to help illustrate how it works.

Ozeri has also included a foil cutter and wine aerator to complete your wine accessories. Although not necessary they are a nice added touch. I do wish the charging base has a place to put them in. It's no big deal since our wine rack has a drawer for accessories.

So far I'm please with this device. Time will tell how it holds up as we use it more. On a final note it's worked fine with the fake corks. Most of the wine we drink uses those versus the real corks.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest unbiased review.

This is a required disclaimer but it does not make my review any less truthful or valid. I take ample time to thoroughly test and evaluate all products before I write my review. Also, I take great pride in my reviews and I hope they reflect this. I rely on other users' amazon reviews as much as everyone else and value each and every opinion. Without valid, helpful reviews (and photographs) internet shopping wouldn't be what it is today.

All statements and opinions in my review are my own and are in no way influenced by the seller or the fact that I received a product at a discount. I really enjoy reviewing and testing products and only pick items I actually want to use! If you have any questions on a specific product I have reviewed, do not hesitate to ask me for more information. As is the case with any review I write, I hope you found it helpful!

Thanks for taking time to read my review!
on May 27, 2016
I was a cocktail waitress and Bartender for about 25 years. And I have opened about 1000 bottles of wine or more. If you have to open it at a table there is an art to it. But if you need to quickly open bottles, you want the very best way to open them. So back then I would get the best wine opener I could find but they were all hand operated. They worked, but now that I am older, I want more.

And now I have it! This Electric Wine Bottle Opener is Simply Amazing! I really mean it!

First of all, it comes with an Aerating Pourer and Foil Cutter. An Aerator triggers oxidation and evaporation. So in other words, it improves the taste by mixing the wine and air. And the Foil Cutter is perfect and so easy to use. You put it on top of the bottle hold the bottle and move the cutter around the top. It cuts the top foil off perfectly.

And now the best part. This is an electric Wine Bottle Cork Remover. And it is rechargeable. Put it in the Charge Station and plug it in. Super Easy.

I got so excited using it I forgot to take a photo of me using it. But it's so easy. Place the cork remover over the bottle AFTER you have removed the top foil with the foil cutter. There is a button on the top with up and down arrows. Push the down arrow. The holder will begin to move as the corkscrew winds into the cork. When it has the cork it will then go down the bottle. Press the up bottle to remove the cork. That's it!

After looking around for the cork I realized it was inside the cork remover...incredible. So I pressed the down button again until I pushed it out so I could remove it. The cork was in perfect condition so I could re-cork the bottle (photo of cork in the cork remover below).

My mom loved it so much she asked if she could keep it...lol! She is in her 80's and enjoys her daily glass of wine so I of course said yes. Now I just have to get one for my house and one for my sister-in-law.

This Wine Bottle Opener is AMAZING! It works perfectly to remove the cork! Includes an Aerating Pourer and Foil Cutter. And it's rechargeable!

So if you love wine, this is the PRIMO Wine Opener. Get one today! Plus this would make an amazing gift!
on May 30, 2016
*I've received this item at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased opinion

I had the opportunity to use this during Memorial Day as I was having lunch with my family. I decided to use this on a new bottle of Stella Rosa Black.

Design: the item was well packaged, everything was in its own wrapper and all the items was present. This came with the wine opener, it's standing charger with a plug, and a aerator pourer. The wine opener is made out of stainless steel it's seems like, with a steel screw inside to open the hook, and the overall item has a rubberized texture for comfortable grip. The aerator pourer seems to be made out of acrylic. I would have personally like it if it was made out of glass or some harder clear material because it seems a bit fragile if I apply too much force into it when sticking it to the bottle to pour it. The aerator also has a mini spiral in the middle which does the "aeration" part for the wine.

Using it: using this item was pretty easy. Note that this cork screwed needs to screw to the bottle all the way to the bottom of the cork and not just the top. I made the mistake in thinking that if it was just hooked on you can pull the cork out, but my mistake and when I yanked it out the cork was still there. So make sure when you use this, the screw is all the way to the bottom. How this works is that you would put it right on top of the screw, press the bottom button located on the wine opener and it will begin to screw. You need to apply a small amount of force so it can drill itself into the screw. Make sure you hold onto the bottle because the bottle will start spinning because the screwing process to the cork is pretty strong. You will see the cork and wine opener slowly descending down the bottle, which means that the cork is being screwed in, which is good, once it's been screwed in, then tug the wine opener off and the cork should pop out. Then press the top button to unscrew the cork out. Then stick the aerator pourer into the wine bottle and pour the wine. To get the full effect of the pourer, you would need to tip the wine quite up so it can actually be spun out, if you slowly pour it makes no difference because it's only going on one side of the spiral.

Opinion: I think this is a great product, the product does feel by nice to hold and does the job quite well. I was able to use this once on my wine bottle. Other reviewers said they had bad experience with it the more they use it. I will update if there was any defect as I use this for more wine bottles. But overall I think this is a useful and convenient item to have in the house traditional cranking and twisting cork screw opener w a hassle. Especially for my parents since they are getting weaker and want to enjoy a good wine. Using this seems to be effortless. You put it on top, let it screw pulling out (doesn't need much force) and then pour. Boom boom, everything done in about 2-3 minute with no fatigue or unnecessary work/strength involve. I highly recommend this product to every house that enjoys wine. It really does make life easier to open wine as well as its a beautiful item to put around in the house. The charging station is very nice and that it provides a holding area for the wine opener so you don't need to throw it in some cabinet and what not.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 12, 2016
I am sharing my review with you on the Ozeri brand electric wine bottle opener. I saw this listing and decided I wanted to give this as a gift to my son and his wife as they entertain frequently. This bottle opener is very professional looking and specifically for removing corks only. The opener is about 8 inches in length and is powered by electricity. The opener comes with a charging dock that has a flashing indicator light on the front of the dock. The indicator light flashes red while charging but turns green when charging is complete. The opener does take a full day to charge, so make sure you charge it well before your event or party. The opener works by activating the down control button to attach the cork screw to the cork and then reversing the control button going up on the arrow to remove it.

I did forget to mention in my video that the opener comes with a foil cutter, and an aerator/pour spout to place in your wine bottle once it is opened. As you will be able to tell in the video the opener does work but I need some practice on my technique. Using this opener is convenient and the set will look nice displayed on your bar area or kitchen counter top. I like any kitchen gadget that makes my life simpler and gives me more time to enjoy my friends and family.

Disclaimer: I received this product for FREE in exchange for my promise to provide and honest evaluation and review. This posting was created in my own words and is based on my use of the electric wine bottle opener.