1,761 Reviews
 (1,257)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for 4 months, then completely stopped working
Published on August 5, 2011 by FriarTuck

1.0 out of 5 stars Different Weight EVERY TIME
I bought this - as it had great reviews and relatively cheap. It doesnt work at all. I'll step on it and be 136.2 - and then pick up a dumbell of 10lbs - and it will stay the same. Then I'll wait 10 minutes, step on it - and I'm 129. It doesn't make any sense and is programmed to give the exact same weight if you step on it within 10 minutes, no matter if its a different...
Published 21 months ago by BrunetteDC

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for 4 months, then completely stopped working, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Ozeri Precision II 440 lbs Digital Bathroom Scale, in Ultra Sturdy Tempered Glass with Blue Xbright LCD and StepOn Activation (Health and Beauty)
We bought this scale in April and it worked great until last week when it completely started malfunctioning. It displays a bunch of different weights when you step on it (all way wrong) and flashes weird symbols. Tried everything to fix it - re-calibrating, replacing batteries, moving it to a different location, but nothing worked. Waiting for a response from Ozeri regarding a return or repair. I'm assuming they'll repair it or replace it for me.. but I wish I didn't have to deal with this at all! It should just work in the first place, not completely die after 4 months.

That being said, when it DID work - it looked great and worked great and displayed our weight consistently and accurately. It's pretty darn sleek and stylish for the price.

****UPDATE***** Ozeri responded to my concern very promptly. They are sending me a new scale right away, along with a shipping label to mail my defective one back for free. They were very apologetic and quick to resolve my issue. VERY impressed with their customer service. Edited my review from 2 stars to 4. Hope the new one works better!

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you ask for?, April 27, 2011
EricYHsu (OC, California) - See all my reviews
This scale doesn't take up very much space, it's easy to use, and its interface is sleek. I bought it for my dorm room in order to track my progress as I attempt to gain some weight. It's a simple scale that does exactly what it says it will. Just step on, observe your weight, step off and that's it. It turns off automatically. After the initial weighing, I weighed myself five more times and was pleased to see a consistent number every time. It displays your weight one digit to the right of the decimal place. In addition, it runs on AAA batteries; not Lithium batteries that are expensive and difficult to find.
After checking out with Amazon, I realized that there was a promotion for the product, and that I saved $5. On top of that, I got an e-mail for Ozeri customer service thanking me for the purchase, and reassuring me that if I had any problems with the product, they would be happy to help me. All in all, I'm very pleased with the purchase, and would recommend this to anyone looking for a basic, reliable, digital scale.

Update:
I ordered this scale in April of 2011. It is now August of 2013, and the scale still functions like the day I bought it. I haven't had to change the batteries either. One thing I've noticed with my scale over the past 2 years, however, is that it tends to give a slightly heavier weight than other scales. For example, when I weigh myself on other scales, my average weight is about 133 lb. On my Ozeri Precision II, I'm 135 lb. Still, it's not a big deal for me, and it does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri Precision II Digital Scale, June 20, 2011
Classy appearance, consistent readings to 0.2 pounds. After received it, liked it enough to order a second one for a relative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bathroom scale, outstanding customer support, July 13, 2011
Shetland "Shetland" (Boothbay Harbor, Me.) - See all my reviews
This order was placed through Amazon and filled by Ozeri. I received the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale and they are everything advertised. The scales arrived a day earlier than expected, which was great. The one thing I liked most about this company was the e-mail I received right after I placed the order. The e-mail offered complete satisfaction and to resolve any problems that might arise. Outstanding company to do business with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The same weight each time, January 2, 2011
I am very pleased with this scale. I get the same reading each time. It is modern and seems very sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality scale, April 29, 2011
Roman (Minnesota, US) - See all my reviews
The scale is built from good quality materials (thick glass/metal/plastic). As far as precision is concerned, it is mostly very good. From time to time it will show slightly different weight for the first measurement - the subsequent times the weight will be correct. Don't know what happens the first time, but this happens only occasionally. The fact that I do not have to press any buttons for it to start working (just step on it) is a good feature. Overall a good buy and better then similarly priced weights sold in Target/Wallmart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and Accurate, May 10, 2011
ebuyer (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I've had this scale a couple of weeks now, and so far so good! It's an exceptional value and seems quite precise. Plus, I like the way it looks. The readout is nice and bright and plenty big to see. I think it's critical that you place this scale on a hard floor and avoid moving it around -- the sensors are probably pretty sensitive, but that's what makes the scale accurate. I had initially purchased a manual dial scale but was disappointed in its accuracy/consistency. I'm trying to monitor relatively small weight changes -- 1-2 lbs -- and this one seems very precise for that. I measures in .2 lb increments, which is great. This is the first digital scale I have purchased, and it seems to work very well as long as it's on a hardwood floor. It will not work if you try and put it on carpet. Also, in all the shopping I do on Amazon (which is quite a bit!), I have never had a manufacturer contact me directly to thank me for my purchase. I definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money, January 1, 2012
We were in need of a new scale which would be accurate and inexpensive. This scales fits the bill perfectly. It's very stylish (in case you intended to leave it where guests can see), and with the auto-calibration, very accurate. Because of the 0.2 pound increments, I can get a decent weight estimate of things such as my baby (by subtracting the weight of me from me with him). Also, it's very sturdy. Our old scale always felt like we were going to break it, but this is like standing on a solid mass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Scale, August 4, 2011
The item arrived quickly, the scale is stylish, and the measurement is accurate. So far so good with this scale. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great & Works Great, November 14, 2011
The Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale met all of my requirements, and I was very excited when I opened the box to discover that it even came with batteries. The batteries were easy to install, and in a matter of seconds the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale was up and running.

What I Love About The Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale:

# It is easy to set up
# It comes with batteries
# It works perfectly
# It is easy to switch from kilograms to lbs.
# The wide screen LCD screen is bright and it is easy to see the numbers.
# Automatically turns off to conserve battery life

Judging from the other Amazon reviews and star rating, I was expecting a great digital bathroom scale, and the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale has lived up to its reputation. It is a great-looking, high quality, dependable digital bathroom scale with a base of impact-resistant tempered glass that will make your life simpler instead of complicating it as some digital scales do. I have had this scale for 1 month+, and it has not given me any issues.

Disclaimer: I received this scale to review for my blog Frugality Is Free. No monetary compensation was received.