2,175 Reviews
 (1,443)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pan!
Published on March 7, 2011 by Alex Durham

1.0 out of 5 stars Great pan - 'til the coating starts coming off...
Published on May 17, 2011 by JamSession

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pan!, March 7, 2011
Alex Durham (Decatur, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this pan seeking a replacement for our aging traditional non-stick pan. I didn't know much about the company, but the reviews seemed solid. I will add to the solid reviews. This pan is well constructed and works as advertised. It has a good heft, heats evenly, and holds its temperature well. The textured bottom does not impede the non-stick properties. I can't say I notice a marked improvement over a smooth bottomed PTFE-free pan, but it doesn't hurt.

A note to those who find the non-stick properties disappearing in your pans. This happened with a previous PTFE-free pan I had used. If you look carefully and run your fingers (particularly around the bottom circumference) you will notice a sticky film. This seems to be a build up from excess oil not cleaned off well. By this point it will be extremely sticky and hard to clean off. With some serious elbow grease, I was able to clean this off. The pan is as good as new. I haven't had the build up occur with this pan yet, but I recommend cleaning thoroughly after each use to avoid the sticky build up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pan but be aware of dimensions, August 25, 2011
This review is from: The 12" Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany (100% PTFE and PFOA Free) (Kitchen)
I've used this pan for a few weeks now and really like it. The color looks fresh and nice if I take the pan directly to the table. It's also cooked food evenly and is super easy to clean with no scrubbing needed. (I've only tried hand washing it). I wish that it were 12" on both the bottom and top, though, like my last pan was. This pan is 12" across at the top but 10" across at the bottom, which allows me to only cook 2 grilled cheese sandwiches instead of 3 at one time. But other than the size issue, I am very happy with the pan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great pan - 'til the coating starts coming off..., May 17, 2011
This is probably the slickest non-stick pan I've ever used. Unfortunately, the surface died a very quick death. I used this pan maybe 6 or 7 times before the non-stick surface started coming off. I was very careful with this pan - gently using plastic cooking utensils, allowing it to cool before rinsing, cleaning gently with a soapy wash cloth, etc. And how was I rewarded for my caring ways?

Yeah.... don't buy this pan.

1.0 out of 5 stars sticky pan, December 15, 2011
Yusheng Liu (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this pan in May, 2011. Food started to stick on this pan from July. The coating is intact, no metal/wood objects were used, and it was cleaned with soap and water after this pan was cooling down completely. I threw away this pan today (Dec 15, 2011).

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Non-Stick Performance Initially, July 26, 2011
Catman (Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
Other reviews would suggest that the non-stick properties don't last but at first it's amazing. Even water doesn't want to wet the surface. We fried turkey sausage and clean-up with a sponge and soapy water hardly seemed necessary. It's nicely made and heavy with some classy looking machine work on the bottom. My only complaint is the deceptive advertising and packaging. The Amazon description says, "From Germany" and the box it comes in says "From Germany" no less than 7 times. So it's German made, right? WRONG! Small print on the bottom of the box says "Made in China." "From Germany" apparently applies to the coating material only. Still, it's very well made, just as good or better than if it were truly a German product and likely at half the cost. How long will the non-stick properties last? Time will tell.

1.0 out of 5 stars No more non-stick, August 4, 2011
Matthew D Ellis (Puyallup, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Update: After several months of regular use, this skillet rarely gets used anymore. Nearly everything sticks to it, meat especially. I honestly loved this skillet at first, but I have been disappointed. Even using non-stick spray or oil does not help. I would no longer recommend this product.

We were looking for a new skillet and this one had great reviews, so we bought it. I wasn't sure how the nonstick surface would be, since it was made of stuff I had never heard of, but it works surprisingly well. As the directions say, you need to cook on a lower heat than you may be used to because it works almost like a dutch oven. It takes awhile to heat, but once it is hot, it is very hot. We would definitely buy from this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pan, excellent price, February 23, 2012
Using pan daily for over 3 weeks now. Very happy. Cooks nonstick, browns evenly, easy to clean. Although I read the smooth surface is recommended for eggs, we have the textured pan and haven't had any problems.
(Full disclosure: seller offered free lid after product review. However, even without offer, I am satisfied with pan. We have the 12" and 8" textured pans. Both great.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 14, 2012
I've been looking all over for a T-FAL free non stick pan.
I'm going to keep this review very simple.
* Buy it
* Read and follow the instructions
* Wash by hand only and with a soft sponge
* Enjoy it !
This is the BEST PAN EVER!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I ever cooked without them!!!, March 8, 2012
I love these pans, I purchased the 12" and the 10" and as my title says I cannot believe I ever cooked without them! The pan itself is built sturdy and heavy duty, the rubber gripped handle feels nice to my hand and fits well without conducting the heat. My best example thus far would be the cooking of the scrambled eggs, with my old pans I had to grease and spray the pan heavily and the scrambled eggs still came out brown on the bottom and it took so much elbow grease to clean the pan afterwards that it was ridiculous (no the eggs are not overcooked or burnt). The new Green Earth pan allowed me to make the scrambled eggs without grease or spray, my eggs were beautiful and not brown, and the clean up was a breeze; nothing stuck to the pan I honestly could have cleaned it simply with the wipe of a papertowel. The pans clean up so easily even my teenage daughter is more willing to help with the dish washing! That says it all for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Was Looking For In An Everyday Pan, March 1, 2012
C. E. Field (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
For more than a year I have been searching for a reasonably priced, nonstick, nontoxic frying pan for everyday use. Years ago I stopped using pans with unhealthful nonstick coatings (PTFE and PFOA); I've been using good quality, name brand stainless steel alternatives ever since. As great as stainless steel is, foods do stick and cleanup is a chore. To lessen cleaning aggravation, I often resorted to using copious amount of olive oil to keep foods from sticking in my stainless steel pans. When that failed, I had no choice but to drag out the Bon Ami.

When I saw the Ozeri ceramic-coated pan on sale, I bought it from Amazon.com but with my usual skepticism. Could the pan really be as good as the company claims?

After more than a week's worth of everyday - sometimes twice daily - use, I can easily recommend this pan to others. The pan is heavy (weighing nearly 1.5 pounds) so it sits well on my electric range burners. As a result, the pan heats evenly, eliminating hot spots.

I love the silicone handle which means I can hold the pan without the need for awkward pot holders or even my beloved Ove Glove. And, yes, I like the funky green color of the Green Earth pan, too.

For fried eggs, I discovered that a light coating of olive oil applied with a silicone brush works especially well; otherwise, some of the egg white does tend to overcook and become brittle along the edges. Even without oil, though, the Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri makes the absolute best, flawless-looking pancakes I have ever made. Of course, the pan is great for reheating leftovers. It also makes mess-free grilled cheese sandwiches.

Cleanup is easier than imaginable. Just allow the pan to cool, immerse it in soapy water, wipe clean with a dish cloth, rinse, and dry. I don't want to risk chipping the ceramic coating so I always wash and dry my Earth Pan pan by hand.

Suffice it to say, I am thrilled with my purchase. When the budget allows, I plan to add a larger pan for summer-veggie stir fries.