Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 9, 2012
In general I love this scale; for the price it tells you a lot and seems fairly accurate. I bought this when my 3rd child was 3 months old because I didn't have a scale in the house and wanted to see how well I was getting back to my pre-pregnant weight. Plus I wanted to monitor my hydration, since, as a nursing mom, I sometimes forget to drink plenty of fluids. I also looked at this scale as a long term investment. Most similar scales only allow 4 profiles, but I thought as my son gets older it would be nice for all 5 of us in the family to have our own profiles.

Enter the quirks of this scale. You should be aware of the following before purchasing. They aren't all that big of a deal but might be a deal-breaker for some people:
1. Although you can store up to 8 profiles, you cannot set any profile age for younger than 10 years old! My oldest will be 10 soon, so I figured it would be close enough for her, but if you envision this as a family scale and have young children, you might want to be aware that you will not be able to program an accurate profile for them. That said, I don't know if that factors into any of the ways it calculates things. For my 7 yr old, I just put in age 10 and her height and it *seems* to work, but just how far you can stretch it, I'm not sure. Will it believe you have a 3 ft 10 yr old or will it malfunction?

2. Despite what the manual claims, you cannot just step on the scale if you want an accurate weight measurement. We have been sure to put it on a hard level surface, but when it turns on upon stepping on it, it's actually never zeroed properly at first. It usually reads about 4 lbs before going to zero. I discovered this by trial and error. As a scientist, I like to get a feel for the measurement error in devices such as this, and I soon discovered that the first measurement was always about 4 lbs more than subsequent measurements, and that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. measurements were all within about 0.2lbs of each other. I even experimented with which foot I put on the scale first, figuring that maybe I was leaning weird somehow, but it seemed to make no difference. Then my husband told me that he always steps on it just hard enough to turn it on, then takes his foot back off for a moment. He notices that when he does this, it reads 4lbs instead of zero at first, then it goes to zero, then he steps on to weigh himself. After following this procedure, the measurements I get when weighing myself give good agreement, no matter how many times in a row I weigh myself.

3. The "unit" button. I admit, I didn't read every word of the manual at first, and skipped over the part about changing the units the scale measures in. Thus I was unaware that there was a unit button on the *bottom* of the scale! This is a really stupid design, because often when you grasp the scale to move it, you inadvertently depress the unit button. The scale need not be on for this to register, and I was perplexed to find the scale suddenly measuring my body weight in "stones," til I read the manual and discovered the unit button. Again, as a scientist I am definitely in favor of being able to change the scale so that it reads in kg instead of lbs, but "stones?" Who the heck needs to weigh themselves in "stones??" Plus I think they could have found a better placement for the unit button.

So bottom line: I've found a way to work around these quirks and get good use out of this scale, and I don't regret the purchase, because, again, it was so affordable for what this scale does. But personally I'd have liked to have been aware of some of these quirks before purchasing. Thus why I'm passing them onto you, the potential customer :) Cheers!
2020 comments|665 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
I have had the Ozeri Touch Scale for about 2 months and so far so good. Originally when I got it I thought the scale was defective, but a battery reset, and placing it on even floor fixed the issue. Even floor placement (hardwood or tile or concrete, etc...) is very important. For example in my living room I guess the floor is not fully even and scale was showing unreliable results, but in my bathroom, it was pretty accurate.

Anyway, I use it for weight and bmi measurements and it's fairly accurate, at least close enough to gym scales and body fat measurement tools. It's nice that you can save your profile so my wife and me have different profiles and it recognizes them for separate measurements.

I wish display was a bit bigger and scale itself was a bit bigger, but it's a good product, looks good, and most important it's quite accurate.
on May 11, 2011
Better looking than the photo. Glass surface with metal contact plates. Seems easy to clean. Most importantly, the scale was dead on with my physician's scale. I don't know how accurate the body fat, hydration, and muscle and bone mass numbers are, but after seeing them, I was motivated to restart my weight watchers program! It will be interesting to see how these numbers change with my dieting.
PS I had no problems programming the initial profile information. The manual was clear.
11 comment|207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2010
I would like to start by saying that I am a very athletic person who exercises six days a week. I am approximately 8% body fat. I had my body fat measured by calipers and other BMI devices and most scales seem to vary by 1-2 % always around 8%-9%. I decided that I wanted to drop my body fat percentage even further and wanted a convenient way to track my progress. The ozeri scale seemed like it would do the job. I looked at the reviews which all said that the scale was great looking but never mentioned the accuracy.
I went out on a limb and decided to purchase the scale. When it arrived I plugged in all my information about age, height and gender and exciting jumped on the scale to see a body fat percentage of 18%. Terribly inaccurate although the weight seemed to be right. I even had my friends who had their body fat measured by DEXA scan and water immersion try out the scale and again the scale was off by at least 10-15 % but accurate about the weight.
I called ozeri multiple times and they did not get back to me until I filed and a-z claim with amazon. They said my scale was defective and sent me a new scale. I again has the same inaccurate results. I believe that there product is inherently flawed. The product looks nice and if all you want is your body weight then it is just fine. I think most of the people who buys such a scale would have some interest in all the readings especially % body fat. This is just a poor product in a nice encasing!!!!!!
3737 comments|480 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2011
I bought this primarily to monitor my Mom's Health.

Constant Weight monitoring is not only critical to ensure that she does not put on weight, but it was very critical to ensure that the essential Salt Levels and Fluid continue to be in control.

She being a Heart Paitent, is succeptible to fluid retention problems. Fluid retention could lead to edema, which will lead to severe complications and stress on the heart.

Ozeri came to my rescue. Its clear precise display ensures that I monitor weight to fraction of pounds. In addition, the Hydration monitoring helps me in ensuring that any symptoms of fluid retention is easily identified and appropriate medication changes are taken place.

I had been searching for over a dozen of Bathroom Scales, oZeri is clearly the best. Its not flashy, but so complete that it performs what its expected to do.

With auto recognition technology, I have extended the monitoring to the entire family. I had not dared to do it earlier.

Overall an interesting and fully functional product.
on June 2, 2011
So far, the scale has been pretty accurate and consistent in measurements. Setting up the custom profiles took all of a minute or a so.
on August 18, 2011
This is a wonderful scale for calculating body fat and muscle weight. I bought it because I've recently been doing a vigorous workout routine, and I haven't seen my weight drop as fast. I wanted to make sure I was losing body fat and building muscle, even though my weight is not changing as quickly. This scale has been wonderfully reassuring that, yes, I am indeed losing body fat and building muscle, and I'm not doing all these workouts for nothing! One of my favorite aspects of this scale is the auto-recognition, so my husband and I can both use it without having to hit buttons or change settings between users. We just step on the scale in the morning, and it automatically recognizes who we are and calculates our numbers.

Overall, this is an excellent scale (especially for the price), and we've very satisfied with it!
on July 18, 2011
**I have had this scale for about four years now, and have really liked it. I only had to replace the batteries once, which was about as complicated as changing the batteries in a TV remote. Batteries are super inexpensive and readily available too, bonus!

But because I live in the Dallas area, and because Mother Nature got drunk and rowdy here for the entire month of May 2015, the back of my house flooded - including the bathroom this scale was in. I came home to beautiful lapping waves on the tiled area of the room, blown by the industrial fan required by the flood of a few days prior, cresting majestically over the top of this poor guy. It was just a super-di-duper week. *eye roll*

Now that the other parts of a flooded house have been handled, I'm replacing the scale. I couldn't seriously consider any other, given how much I've enjoyed this one and how reasonably priced it is. Looks like it's been updated a bit too, so I'm looking forward to seeing this version in action.

Seeing how much my stress has affected my booty, a little less so.
_______
2011:
I've been creating a more healthy lifestyle for myself for about a year now, and finally broke down and got a scale for my home. I know, I know!

I wanted a nice quality scale that did more than just simply weigh me - and this completely fits the bill. I have lost about 40lb in the last year and have a bit to go; as I continue, I really wanted to have the extra info that this scale provides. I thought I'd be most interested in the fat %, but now I know that my bone mass is rather low. That's really important info that I wouldn't have otherwise! That alone was worth the price.

I really like the large, bright display, and I love that the fat, hydration, muscle and bone results cycle through a few times before the scale shuts off. All in all, it's just a really well thought-out instrument.

Just a note - when I first received mine, the extra functions didn't appear to be working; after removing the two batteries and wiping the contact surface of each, it started working perfectly. Other than that, it took me about 30 seconds to set up my personal profile. Very very easy and user-friendly.

This scale is beautiful, is remarkably slim and stable, and provides lots of features for a very reasonable price. I'm glad I chose this one.
on May 31, 2011
When I was choosing a new bathroom scale, I was trying to decide between this one and another one with great reviews. I ultimately decided against the OTHER scale because several reviewers made mention of the fact that the company had contacted them and offered them a free gift if they wrote a good review. That made me nervous because, you know, were all those reviews good because the product was good or because of the promise of free stuff? There were many fewer reviews of this Ozeri scale, but they were good reviews and none made mention of any bribes by the company, so I figured this one was a legitimately good scale. Imagine my dismay, then, when I got an email from the company the day after I placed the order, offering me a free gift if I took the time to write a review. Exactly what I DIDN'T want to see.

So, I was a bit leery of this scale when it arrived (on time, nicely packaged). It looks lovely. It doesn't scream "bathroom scale" at you. Setting it up was easy. And, it weighed everyone in the family accurately, and has continued to do so. I don't know whether all of the other measurements (fat, muscle, water, bone) are accurate, but they do stay within the same small range for each of us, so I'm guessing that they are pretty true too.

Bottom line--this is a great-looking, great-working product from a company that shipped quickly and carefully. They don't need to bribe me or anyone else to write a good review and I hope they will stop that practice. The scale is good product at a reasonable price and the reviews should show that even without free gifts.

And, Ozeri people, if you're reading this--please DON'T send me the free kitchen scale and batteries. I don't want them.
on May 19, 2011
These scales work just as I had wished they would. I love them and would buy them again if I needed too.
They appear accurate and I love the info they give me on bone & muscle mass, and water & fat content.