2,113 Reviews
 (1,447)

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, small quirks
Published on February 9, 2012 by Melanie L. Good

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate and Disappointing!!!!!
Published on July 9, 2010 by A.G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, small quirks, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale - Measures Weight, Fat, Muscle, Bone & Hydration with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology (Health and Beauty)
In general I love this scale; for the price it tells you a lot and seems fairly accurate. I bought this when my 3rd child was 3 months old because I didn't have a scale in the house and wanted to see how well I was getting back to my pre-pregnant weight. Plus I wanted to monitor my hydration, since, as a nursing mom, I sometimes forget to drink plenty of fluids. I also looked at this scale as a long term investment. Most similar scales only allow 4 profiles, but I thought as my son gets older it would be nice for all 5 of us in the family to have our own profiles.

Enter the quirks of this scale. You should be aware of the following before purchasing. They aren't all that big of a deal but might be a deal-breaker for some people:
1. Although you can store up to 8 profiles, you cannot set any profile age for younger than 10 years old! My oldest will be 10 soon, so I figured it would be close enough for her, but if you envision this as a family scale and have young children, you might want to be aware that you will not be able to program an accurate profile for them. That said, I don't know if that factors into any of the ways it calculates things. For my 7 yr old, I just put in age 10 and her height and it *seems* to work, but just how far you can stretch it, I'm not sure. Will it believe you have a 3 ft 10 yr old or will it malfunction?

2. Despite what the manual claims, you cannot just step on the scale if you want an accurate weight measurement. We have been sure to put it on a hard level surface, but when it turns on upon stepping on it, it's actually never zeroed properly at first. It usually reads about 4 lbs before going to zero. I discovered this by trial and error. As a scientist, I like to get a feel for the measurement error in devices such as this, and I soon discovered that the first measurement was always about 4 lbs more than subsequent measurements, and that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. measurements were all within about 0.2lbs of each other. I even experimented with which foot I put on the scale first, figuring that maybe I was leaning weird somehow, but it seemed to make no difference. Then my husband told me that he always steps on it just hard enough to turn it on, then takes his foot back off for a moment. He notices that when he does this, it reads 4lbs instead of zero at first, then it goes to zero, then he steps on to weigh himself. After following this procedure, the measurements I get when weighing myself give good agreement, no matter how many times in a row I weigh myself.

3. The "unit" button. I admit, I didn't read every word of the manual at first, and skipped over the part about changing the units the scale measures in. Thus I was unaware that there was a unit button on the *bottom* of the scale! This is a really stupid design, because often when you grasp the scale to move it, you inadvertently depress the unit button. The scale need not be on for this to register, and I was perplexed to find the scale suddenly measuring my body weight in "stones," til I read the manual and discovered the unit button. Again, as a scientist I am definitely in favor of being able to change the scale so that it reads in kg instead of lbs, but "stones?" Who the heck needs to weigh themselves in "stones??" Plus I think they could have found a better placement for the unit button.

So bottom line: I've found a way to work around these quirks and get good use out of this scale, and I don't regret the purchase, because, again, it was so affordable for what this scale does. But personally I'd have liked to have been aware of some of these quirks before purchasing. Thus why I'm passing them onto you, the potential customer :) Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scale with extra features, September 26, 2011
Oblomov (Washington DC, USA) - See all my reviews
I have had the Ozeri Touch Scale for about 2 months and so far so good. Originally when I got it I thought the scale was defective, but a battery reset, and placing it on even floor fixed the issue. Even floor placement (hardwood or tile or concrete, etc...) is very important. For example in my living room I guess the floor is not fully even and scale was showing unreliable results, but in my bathroom, it was pretty accurate.

Anyway, I use it for weight and bmi measurements and it's fairly accurate, at least close enough to gym scales and body fat measurement tools. It's nice that you can save your profile so my wife and me have different profiles and it recognizes them for separate measurements.

I wish display was a bit bigger and scale itself was a bit bigger, but it's a good product, looks good, and most important it's quite accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, accurate scale., May 11, 2011
Better looking than the photo. Glass surface with metal contact plates. Seems easy to clean. Most importantly, the scale was dead on with my physician's scale. I don't know how accurate the body fat, hydration, and muscle and bone mass numbers are, but after seeing them, I was motivated to restart my weight watchers program! It will be interesting to see how these numbers change with my dieting.
PS I had no problems programming the initial profile information. The manual was clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as advertised, June 2, 2011
MS "masonium" (Newport Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
So far, the scale has been pretty accurate and consistent in measurements. Setting up the custom profiles took all of a minute or a so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Daily Monitoring, June 5, 2011
I bought this primarily to monitor my Mom's Health.

Constant Weight monitoring is not only critical to ensure that she does not put on weight, but it was very critical to ensure that the essential Salt Levels and Fluid continue to be in control.

She being a Heart Paitent, is succeptible to fluid retention problems. Fluid retention could lead to edema, which will lead to severe complications and stress on the heart.

Ozeri came to my rescue. Its clear precise display ensures that I monitor weight to fraction of pounds. In addition, the Hydration monitoring helps me in ensuring that any symptoms of fluid retention is easily identified and appropriate medication changes are taken place.

I had been searching for over a dozen of Bathroom Scales, oZeri is clearly the best. Its not flashy, but so complete that it performs what its expected to do.

With auto recognition technology, I have extended the monitoring to the entire family. I had not dared to do it earlier.

Overall an interesting and fully functional product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate and Disappointing!!!!!, July 9, 2010
I would like to start by saying that I am a very athletic person who exercises six days a week. I am approximately 8% body fat. I had my body fat measured by calipers and other BMI devices and most scales seem to vary by 1-2 % always around 8%-9%. I decided that I wanted to drop my body fat percentage even further and wanted a convenient way to track my progress. The ozeri scale seemed like it would do the job. I looked at the reviews which all said that the scale was great looking but never mentioned the accuracy.
I went out on a limb and decided to purchase the scale. When it arrived I plugged in all my information about age, height and gender and exciting jumped on the scale to see a body fat percentage of 18%. Terribly inaccurate although the weight seemed to be right. I even had my friends who had their body fat measured by DEXA scan and water immersion try out the scale and again the scale was off by at least 10-15 % but accurate about the weight.
I called ozeri multiple times and they did not get back to me until I filed and a-z claim with amazon. They said my scale was defective and sent me a new scale. I again has the same inaccurate results. I believe that there product is inherently flawed. The product looks nice and if all you want is your body weight then it is just fine. I think most of the people who buys such a scale would have some interest in all the readings especially % body fat. This is just a poor product in a nice encasing!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful scale - and accurate, September 9, 2011
I can only say I wish I had purchased one long ago.

This product is packaged very beautifully.

I bought this digital scale as a replacement for an old scale with springs. Without my glasses on, I have very poor eyesight, and if I would weigh myself without my glasses on the first thing in the morning, I just couldn't read the scale (stepping off the scale to look down at the numbers would do no good, because as soon as I would get off the scale, the indicator goes back to zero). With this Ozeri digital scale, I get on and wait for the weight indicator to flash on and off, and then can get off the scale, with time, to bend down to read the scale before it turns off automatically - just what I need. You may not have built it with that intent in mind, but it really helps.

I had read several professional reviews of this scale before purchasing, which have stated that this Ozeri digital model is extremely accruate, which gives me confidence when dealing with my weight control issues.

Great scale and I'll tell others about it - and beautifully packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale, August 31, 2011
Got this scale and love it - easy to program and once programmed, recognizes you by weight and pulls up correct profile. Attractive scale.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great so far, August 26, 2011
The scale was extremely easy to set up and has been giving me a consistent measurement for a few weeks now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scale plus, September 22, 2011
We just completed redecorating our bathroom and I realized our old scales had to go (too heavy & large). Thus I began my quest for an attractive, low profile scale. I came across Ozeri Touch Digital Bathroom Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles this is a wonderful, all in one scale. For anyone wanting or needing to lose weight, you won't find a better product.

After stepping on the scale, your weight appears, after about 2 seconds you will see a light going across the bottom of the screen, this is when it is measuring the individual person and than gives you the information.

It is higher in cost than many, however, for our family it is well worth it. The Ozeri allows each family member to keep track of their progress. The scale is attractive, thin, and made out of outstanding quality materials. The only thing you need to remember before stepping on the scale is NO shoes so it is able to recognize your weight, etc. However if you only want to weigh yourself, you may wear shoes.