Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2011 3:21:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2011 3:23:23 PM PST
So it looks like the differences between these two are as follows:

- P11 is about $9 cheaper on Amazon than PX21
- PX21 has adjustable Bass Boost, Chat Boost, and a Stereo Expander switch. P11 does not.
- P11 has 50mm drivers. PX21 has 40mm drivers.
- PX21 has a 16' cord. P11 has a 12' cord.

I think those are the main differences, other than how they look, which isn't important to me. So, does anyone have opinions on which is better? Is $9 more worth the extra features and smaller speaker drivers?

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 4:04:11 PM PDT
I've looked at the PX11's for the longest time, and there is such a deviation of ratings on the headphones. there are ratings that give it 5 stars and then they're ratings that give it 1 star, stating horrible flimsy design and other hardware issues. All these reviews and ratings put me off to the PX11's so i was looking forward to the P11's to see how they fared with design quality. if it turned out that the $9.00 made the difference with design durablility, then i'd go with the P11's

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 8:57:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2011 6:38:36 PM PDT
I received the P11's today. I cannot compare them to any other headphones. But I will say I'm very impressed with the sound quality. The high's are crisp and the low's have some thump. Since it's stereo, I will hear the sounds around me, but it's not perfect. For instance, I'll hear gunfire that sounds like it's behind me, but I'll be on the edge of the map facing in, so I know that's not the case. But I understood going in that stereo is not true surround sound. The mic is crystal clear too. Bottom line I'm happy with my choice so far.

*edit* I think the sound issue may have partly been my error. I had the wrong cup over the wrong ear! The microphone extends from the left ear cup, and I just assumed it was the right ear cup. Oops!!

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 1:43:54 AM PDT
i_r_smoot says:
don't buy the PX21, they wont last 6 months, with the swiveling earpieces, they short out quickly, mine broke completely in half, and i was taking precautions not to break them, think ill try the P11's as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2011 3:57:59 PM PDT
C. A. Partin says:
My earpiece broke as well right at the swivel point on my px21s because I travel with my ps3 alot. So that means my friend is getting hand-me-down px21s you have to tape or epoxy to use and me buying new p11s.

Swivels = headphone death without a carrying case!

Posted on May 25, 2011 7:59:37 PM PDT
So should i get these then?
I'm just a casual gamer but i want the headset to be comfortable, durable, and have clear sound
Is this what i'm looking for or should i get the PX21?

Posted on May 25, 2011 10:30:12 PM PDT
Well, I've been using the P11's since release, and I think they are great. I game late at night with the TV muted, so these are perfect. I also can play for hours on end, and they are not uncomfortable at all. I recommend these to any gamer who wants an edge or even late night PS3 users who game and/or watch movies and need silence.

Posted on May 27, 2011 6:09:58 PM PDT
Yeah i think I'll get these then
They have a nice appearance to me too since my controller's red and it's my favorite color so yeah haha
Hows the durability and the in-game/chat sound though?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 6:42:37 PM PDT
The durability of these has been great so far, although I take good care of them as they are put away in a safe place when not in use. They still look brand new.

As for the game sound, it's great. I play Black Ops a lot, and these have helped me locate enemies by their sound (I even can hear when someone is planting or defusing a bomb if I'm nearby). The chat is crystal clear. You can make it as loud or as quiet as you want. And my friends have said that my voice is really clear as well. The fact that you can hear your own voice in your headphones is a big plus. I think you'll enjoy this purchase. Enjoy!

Posted on May 28, 2011 7:54:46 PM PDT
I'm gonna order these as soon as i can then
Thanks for your little review Matt (:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 1:03:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 22, 2011 1:04:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 2:09:31 PM PDT
Sara Taha says:
my px21's were good. I had them for 3 months. They were perfect for a long time. I noticed that it was always tangled. Soon the black stuff on the outside of all the wires fell off so i duct taped them so they didnt get cut or anything. Then a week later i started duct taping all the parts that were tangling. My friend has them to and told me he could only hear from one ear. so i started showing him that maybe if it was tangled. so i start touching where i duct taped and i hear here fuzziness when i did it. so i stopped. the next day i was playing and they started spazzing out with the fuzzing noise like a broken tv. Then they broke and i too could only hear out of one ear. I like the way the px21's look but they are jank. So im getting the p11 hoping they are better

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2011 7:52:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2011 8:02:01 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 8:01:29 AM PDT
Reebekili says:
I have had the px21's for over a year and the only issue I have had with the is breaking the belt clip which really isn't that great to begin with. Outside that they have worked excellent for me. I have carpeted floor, I have dropped them a few times or tossed them into a chair when I was done more times than not and they have held up. They do seem like they can be somewhat fragile though so I am guessing I am on borrowed time, but so far they have been great.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 3:49:50 PM PDT
so i had the px21's for a while and being my first stereo headset i looooved them. it helped improve my gameplay so much. but just recently a part broke. i could tape it but i wanted an excuse to try the p11's. so i have had the p11's for about a week now and theres really not that big of a difference.

BUT, there were a few distinct up and downs between the two.

px21 positive-
sound enhancer, made noises actually sound like they came from outside the headset -huge plus-
bass controll, you could adjust bass.
compatible with xbox, pc, and ps3.

the negative-
the feed back, if the headset had little to no sound going through it there was a static hissing sound -annoying-
things started going bad pretty quickly, pieces broke and it sounded like something was loose
40mm speakers. nothing to complain about really just p11's have 50mm

now the p11's
positive-
personally i think its a very good price for what you get
great design, feels sturdy and looks good.
50mm speakers, clear strong sounds.
NO HISSING NOICE, unless i have the speakers maxed or close to it i dont hear any static.

negative-
no bass boost, its not a big problem but i liked having the choice
no sound enhancer, i loved this about the px21
works with ps3 and pc, not that i have an xbox its just a good option

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 4:15:48 PM PDT
I am not sure what you meant by chat boost but the P11 have adjustable volume control on the chat. And having first owned PX21 that broke in several areas that many have complained about I would say P11 are superior and cheaper than P11

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 7:08:47 PM PDT
In the product features section for the px21's, it says chat boost automatically increases the chat volume if the game volume increases. The p11's don't have that feature. However, having used the p11's for many months now, I can say that I don't think I miss the feature.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 7:18:36 PM PDT
IAMPINOY says:
I had the same issue with the PX21. I ended up super gluing the left side since it snapped 8 months into it...and then a few months later the sound started to go out. I too took very good care with my headsets...I guess it was just its time.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 3:08:07 PM PST
Richard.P says:
I got to this thread searching for a comparison between the PX21 and P11.
I have the PX21 - same issue as everybody else.
Shorted out after 6 months of very good use. Didn't have the clip break on me so that's good.
The mic swivel broke completely. When i pulled it apart and checked...the wire was completely turn out. It's hard (close to impossible) to repair because both the ground and mic are intertwined.

The sound separate chat volume and sound enhancer is what i want...looking for a replacement. Not going to wireless headsets.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 8:30:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 8:33:43 AM PST
Greg says:
The PX21 has a very serious design flaw which causes it to break at the swivel of the earpiece. Turtle Beach needs to address the flaw. They need to come up with a solution to reinforce the piece that breaks on the majority if not all of the headsets.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 1:03:33 PM PST
Closeyou says:
Yes, it is well worth it. The px21 is universsal for the x360,ps3 and pc as well as having bass boost and sound expand. The mic is nicer as well, I think its worth $20 more

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 4:32:44 AM PDT
I have own my PX21 for 2 years and until my 11yr old son tripped over cord, apparently disconnecting something inside of it making right speaker go out, they have worked perfectly fine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset
PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset by Turtle Beach (Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (695)