Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on April 12, 2013
I'm a flashlight nut. I like to test the new flashlights I buy. Fenix is my favorite. But I saw this company and thought I'd try it out. They make a great product, a love the features of charging, and beam quality. The only issue I have with this light is that it's not waterproof. I tested this flashlight in the bathtub to ensure water tightness, but after 5 minutes there was some water in the lens. It leaks in through the USB charging port, yes, the little rubber cover was on.

Spending $100 on a flashlight like this I want it to be near perfect. So I returned this product. Maybe they will fix this problem.

I will buy again. Nitecore makes a good product.
on January 14, 2014
A further update. Still nothing from Nitecore, But EdisonBright, the seller has come through. They offered to troubleshoot the flashlight. Thank you EdisonBright!

It has now been ten months and I have changed my opinion to a "1".
i am having some trouble with the flashlight. From time to time it simply stops and I have to shake the light to get it to restart. I was not concerned as it has an 18 month warranty. I have tried to contact the manufacturer in China and have gotten no response. I went online and looked up the U.S. distributor and called them. They said that because of poor customer service they have stopped carring Nitecore products and are no longer the distributor.
This means that i now have a 90.00 dollar paperweight since I cannot depend on the flashlight. No more Nitecore products for me.

This review is based on one day of ownership, so please bear that in mind.

I am skeptical of most Chinese made products because of the (usually) substandard quality. I had purchased an inexpensive, high lumen flashligh, which lasted for about 2-3 hours of use and then became so unreliable I threw it away.

I had read reviews about the P25 both on Amazon and on other websites which were mostly favorable, so i gulped and ploncked down $94.00.
When the flashlight arrived I was impressed with the quality of the instructions on use and charging. They were both understandable and written in good English.
The package i bought included both a rechargeable and two lithium ion batteries. It also came with several replacements parts. The warranty is 18 months parts and labor which indicates ot me the the company stands behind their product.
I used the rechargeable batteries so cannot comment on how long the non-rechargeable would last.
I do not have a way to measure the lumens, so cannot say if it produced 860, but I can say that the light was bright and lit up a dark room and was quite bright even in twilight conditions.
Fit and finish looks good and i like having dual on/off switches. One thing I especially like is that the flash has a memory so that you do not have to cycle through each mode every time you turn it on.

The only reason I gave it a four rather than a five is that I have not had it long enough to give it a thorough test.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
I work nights as a police officer. I use my flashlight on nearly every call I go to. I have used many different flashlights over the years, mostly streamlights and surefires. This 'nitecore' appears to be built with the same high quality I expect from the name brands. The lumens on this flashlight are incredible. Couple that with a dedicated tail cap switch and the ability to use cr123's or a rechargeable, all for less than $100? If this flashlight holds up for a couple years it could be the best 95$ I've ever spent.
on April 3, 2013
I was looking for a new flashlight as an upgrade to my cheap terralux 220 lumen flashlight. While the terralux is a great light for the price, it really lacks some of the features that I was really looking for in an LED flashlight. What I really wanted is a tactical light. So I did some searching and finding on the Internet and I came across the nitecore p25.

I am very impressed with this light! It is very feature packed and with a minimum output of 2 lumens to a max of 860 lumens you have enough light and modes to do what you need.I love the interface on this thing. I also love how it has 3 flashing modes.

The only thing that you might need to be aware of is that nitecore packaged the wrong holsters with a good bit of the p25 lights. I ordered my p25 from a different company other than amazon and my order has the wrong holster. I contacted the company that I ordered my light from and they told me that they will ship out the correct holster once they receive them from nitecore. I can't wait to get the correct holster so I can carry my light in it!!!!!!

Conclusion: great light, worth the buy
on August 17, 2013
Just got it in and was amazed at how bright it is. Seems to be very well made. My only complaint is with the holster. The fit is very tight and the slotted rails on the sides of the flashlight catch hard on the hem of the holster every time I try to draw the flashlight from my duty belt. It does not seem like the holster was designed for this specific flashlight. I will try to modify the holster to solve the problem, but if I can't get it to draw smoothly I'll have to just keep the Smiledon as a spare in my bag or return it. I need flashlight that is bright, dependable, AND QUICK TO DEPLOY.
on January 9, 2014
In summary, This is a beautiful looking light, and is well worth the money. For me personally though, other lights in the Nitecore line-up were more to my liking. What drew me away from the P25 were a few things...

1. I found the user interface not very intuitive. Before reading manuals, I like to see how far I can go without, and this lights sequences were not immediately clear at all. I just think that in a pressure moment, there's a real chance that you may be fumbling trying to find the right mode, and that turns me away.

2. Unlike the MH series from Nitecore, which utilize a rugged metal cover for the USB port to ensure water tightness, the P25 uses one of those little rubber covers, which is all too easily lost/torn off. Now, unless you have the spare with you, your light is as watertight as an open jar.

For those reasons, I went with the SRT7, submersible to something like 40 meters depth! As well, for rechargeable light of same size/similar power, I got the MH25. If Nitecore made a version of the SRT7 with the same recharging function/design of the MH series, I believe they would hit that one out of the park, as it would satisfy nearly everything you could want in a light this size. Hope this review helps.
on March 25, 2014
Great light all around, except the charging port broke almost one day after receiving the light. Really disappointing. I have another model so I charge batteries in the other light, then swap into this one. Defeats the purpose - however I love the dual push buttons and features, and it's bright as all get-out (whatever that means)
on February 19, 2013
i decided to upgrade my duty light after reading the reviews on candle power and i have owned high end led lights for years and wow... this light is one heck of a deal. top notch build quality and attention to detail. switches are responsive and VERY easy to use. the UI for switching modes was easy to figure out without the instructions and the output is seriously bright.

i am very impressed.

just thought i would update my review. this light has been in HARD use with my duties with the police and fire departments. i love this light more and more each time i use it. run time is fantastic and easily lasts full shifts at night. after 10 months of getting banged around, dropped and soaked with fire hoses the light still works perfectly and the finish shows very little wear.

i responded to a car fire that went off a bridge tonight. i was easily able to light up the area 30 feet below the bridge where our responders were working on the vehicle. this light put the flashlights and even the flood light we have to shame. throw is great and the beam is as close to perfect for real world use as you can get. frankly it's better than both my surefire and streamlight lights. .
on January 7, 2015
Purchased light here on amazon - it seems to run the battery empty even when off - having run through 3 sets so far simply sitting on the shelf I have requested a refund without success - it's pure junk
on June 5, 2013
I was not prepared for just how bright this light is. The light reflected from the wall is bright enough to hurt your retinas. I bought the light for home defense use and it is perfect as it can shine brightly across the house and completely fill a room with light. I tried it outside on a dark night and was able to illuminate houses down the road. I overheard some neighbors exclaim, "what was that!?"

I bought a "3400mAh 18650 PROTECTED Li-ion (Panasonic NCR18650B inside) Orbtronic" that works well with it. I've tried both batteries and haven't noticed a difference in performance.

Edit: The charging port on the flashlight broke the first time that I used it. I will have to buy a charger which stinks because the charging featurewas one of the main selling points. At least the light is very bright still.

The only downside is that it doesn't appear that there's a way to configure a remote pressure switch. I would love to put one on my AR-15 and AR-10, but I want to be able to use a pressure switch. This is a perfect companion to carry with a handgun for home defense, though. I think I will buy one for my wife too.