5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss Army Knife for networked road warrior
Published 10 months ago by Casey

Few drawbacks I observed:
1. Does not recognize the partiptions on the external hard disks, shows only one partition by default.
2. the File save works on FTP interface cumbersome and difficult to serup on all the devices.
3. No facility to setup the FTP users or change it to secure FTP.
Published 1 month ago by Prashant Patil

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss Army Knife for networked road warrior, November 6, 2013
This review is from: P2R-100 Wireless-N portable all-in-1 travel router, USB storage, Wi-Fi File Sharing, Access Point, wireless media streaming with 5200mAH Power Bank Charger (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is a Swiss Army Knife for traveling with multiple connected devices: Android phone, iPad, laptop. It replaces my travel router and spare battery. In addition, the network storage server allows my iPad to access content stored in my USB Hard drive just by plugging in the hard drive directly to the P2R. Even when I am on an airplane, I can still access the USB Hard Drive to stream a movie (thanks to the Lithium battery inside P2R).

Use as an router, it has latest security measures such as WPA2, the signal is robust and I can share the Wiwith my colleague across the hallway in the Hotel. it can also be setup to back-up the photos from my smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars P2R-100 Wireless-N portable all-in-1 travel router, USB storage, Wi-Fi File Sharing, Access Point, wireless media streaming with, March 5, 2014
Great for my purposes. I needed a device to make the multiple USB Harddrives and flashdrives I've accumilated over the past 10 years WIFI accessable. I use a Android device 95% of the time. I have a Segate Goflex Satellite 500gb WIFI product that is excellent that I use to backup my home library with converted MP4 movie files. Just select it's WIFI SSID on your Device and login. But what do I do with the other harddrives that are 120 - 500gb?
The P2R-100 is perfect for pluging in any of my USB drives 2gb -500gb. I have tested my toshiba USB 3.0 1TB drive and it's just as fast as using a 2gb flash drive. As a long time ES File Explorer user this works very well. The ES File Explorer layout has changed but you should still be able to us it if you read the user guide. ( I downloaded the instructions from their website power2roam.com and focused on the function I was interested in. I don't want to clog my home internet bandwith. A seperate unit is much better. The 5200 mAh battery is great for on the go movie watching that can double as a external power pack.
5 Stars. There could be better instructions on changing the Password. Haven't put in muc time with the Windows 7 computer but wasn't happy with the results. Didn't use Safari because it was a hassel at the Apple website.
I also purchased the HooToo HT-TM01 and they work about the same except HooToo HT-TM01 uses an app found at the Google Play Store. The GUI layout is a little better on the HooToo but they both perform aas advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, April 19, 2014
Excellent product does what is advertise would give five star if they make an updated firmware to add multiple ssid in repeater mode which will automatically connect to whatever is in range other than that great product and quality build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 18, 2014
AMarks "AM" (San Carlos, CA) - See all my reviews
Live this product. It is a must have and I'll always have it with me as part of my traveling technology. Love that I can bring my WD Portable 2TB drive with all of my media and stream it to multiple devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept Us Sane On Three Week Road Trip, September 13, 2014
K. Groke (St George,UT USA) - See all my reviews
This device was the holy grail of our three week road trip. It had a hard drive connected and we had 5 tablets streaming video from it non-stop. It did awesome!
It was setup with a 2tb portable hard drive plugged into it with our video collection. The first drive I tried was from a Mac(EXT3 file system I believe) and the P2R didn't read the disk, so I switched to a Windows drive (FAT32) and it read the videos fine. I experimented with several apps and settled on one called Moliplayer which has both a iOS and Android version. I set up the P2R to have a wireless network and connected all the devices to that network, it didn't have access to the external internet, but they were all able to browse the movies and watch them to their hearts content.
The only quirk we found on the road trip was if the device was turned on with no charge in the internal battery it had problems powering the hard drive and would randomly stop streaming. If we let it charge for a few minutes before turning it on it would run all day without any problems. That issue was a quite tricky to troubleshoot since the failures were so random appearing but once we figured that out we had no problems with it at all. I would dock a star because of how hard that issue was to track down but we used this so much that it would have been worth it at three times the price so it keeps all five stars.
Thank you for keeping my family sane during this long trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Versatile Box!, July 30, 2014
K. Purdy (Downingtown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this little box to make my movies (MP4 and MKV) available via Wifi when I'm on the road, in the hotel. I load up movies and series and now can connect to it and watch those movies on my iPad! It was easy to setup and upgrade to support DLNA - took just a matter of minutes. Now I can stream my movies to just my iPad, and if I have an Ethernet cable in the room, I can do much faster Wifi access. Sweet little box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 12, 2014
I bought this ítem to Share files to my ipad, works great! I use the app ftp manager to transfer my files.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my mobile arsenal, June 2, 2014
Borna F (Zagreb, Croatia) - See all my reviews
This great little gadget powers up my iPhone & iPad when I need it, but it also lets me connect to my external storage devices to transfer files. Of course, I had to buy file managers for my iPhone and iPad, but now I can do things I couldn't do before.
Also, the streaming with VLC player is awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars innovative product!!!!, May 28, 2014
This is indeed a very good product for people who travel a lot and use their gadgets extensively!! it gives the freedom to be connected anytime and anywhere. it very compact and hence easy to carry as well...
Special Thanks to Amazon for prompt, reliable and timely shipping of the product.

Overall buying this product has been a very nice experience. I look forward to purchase few more products through Amazon!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Device but has some limitations - Know before you buy :), August 5, 2014
Few drawbacks I observed:
3. No facility to setup the FTP users or change it to secure FTP.

Rate and Discover Movies