4.0 out of 5 stars good floor duster in simple space

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good floor duster in simple space, January 5, 2010
S. Sweeney (Stamford CT, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I have one of the these tiny, inexpensive vacs in each bedroom. They are prefect for bare wood floors in simple spaces. They dust a 10 x 12 bare wood floor in about 15 minutes and do pick up pet hair, tracked cat litter, and dust. It then takes them overnight to re-charge. If used every other day, dust and pet hair doesn't accumulate in the corners, so I find I need a "real" human-operated vac in these rooms only about once a month.

These inexpensive vacs don't have corner brushes so aren't as good at edges as the more advanced robo-vacs. Also, they get stuck on or under just about anything - door sills, rugs edges, chair rungs, etc., so need a clear space in which to work. (For more cluttered room, I like the Metapo QQ2 which does corners and can sterilize the bathroom and kitchen floor with its ultraviolet light. I have not tried the roombas but don't find any of the cheaper models do carpet well.)

Lastly, make sure the P2 and P3 are turned off before recharging; failure to do so will fry the batteries and 12 AA rechargeables aren't cheap!

The newer version (P3) is quieter but still noisier than I'd like while trying to read. However, bothe the P2 and the P3 are quiet enough that the cats ignore them.

5.0 out of 5 stars got the wrong bot...but used it anyway., October 21, 2010
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Pretty much like the title said, I sent to another company (Get Organized) and they sent me the wrong robot. They fixed that problem pretty fast--everything is okay.

So, I got to keep it--here's my review.

I gave this little gray fellow a five stars not because of what its' advertisment says--(that it's great on carpets), but because of what I use it for....to dust, vacuum, damp mop, damp sanitize mop my hardwood floors. On carpets...I would have give it a one or two star.

Pros;

1. Thirty seven bucks! Works fine on hard smooth slick surfaces.
2. Doesn't seem to get stuck 'too' much.
3. I wet the 'high tech' cloth, stick it to the bottom of it and let it damp mop my floors...and sometimes spray lysol on the wet cloth and do some 'lite' sanitizing.
4. Does vacuum up 'loose' dust.
5. hunts around alright for a sensor package.

Cons;

1. Better have level floors.
2. There are no battery packs you can buy seperate (when this one stops you have to make your own or put away the machine--they're all like that for some reason.
3. Lite weight plastic--seems okay though--don't let it go off the stairs.
4. Doesn't pick up much off carpets that have been vacuumed in the last two weeks. (no brush).
5. For any vacuum to be a carpet vacuum...it MUST have a rotating brush--I don't care who told you different......everything else should be used on hard, smooth, slick, surfaces.

All in all, I like this unit, I couldn't beat the price...for what I use it for it's five stars (motorized/sensor package...dust/damp/sanatize/lite mopping on hardwood floors.

As a carpet vacuum--get a roomba.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, November 5, 2009
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I have 2 irobot roombas, a dirt dog, and a scooba. When I saw the P3 which was MUCH cheaper, I HAD to try it. This product has scuffed up my laminate floors with it's rubber wheels by spinning them aimlessly. It does not move and has to be babysat, despite being put in a cleared, closed room. It got stuck on level floors. Also could not vacuum/sweep tile floors. Very disappointing. Takes FOREVER to charge as well.

Not impressive at all. I guess I am just a spoilt irobot user. I expected more from this product than it was able to give.

4/9/2012 UPDATE: I gave the P3 to my parents who had never had a vacuuming robot before in the hopes that they might like it better. They took it to someone to put in a more powerful motor and a better battery and ended up retiring it after the first use. In the words of my dad, "That thing is just rubbish." I have since given them one of my roombas and they LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work, December 3, 2009
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Not the most powerful vacuum but it does get dog hair off the floor. Not meant to replace your regular vacuum. I like mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is pretty good but..., February 10, 2011
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I thought when I bought this, it would clean cheaply and would not work well... I was wrong, It is pretty good. Not lying at all, I like it! I can tell you it is no were near being as good as a roomba, but it is not that bad. It cleans BEST on hardwood floors (Because it only has suction, not brushes or anything like that). So if you have a All carpeted floor house don't get this product. But if you have hard wood floors this is a good product for the price. Why? Because it has a thing on the bottom that you can but a rag cleaning sheet so it would be like sweeping too. It goes for about 50 mins and needs to charge for about... 12 hours... Yeah I know, that is LONGGG time, but if you do it overnight, (9 hours) it cleans for a long time. So Now when you turn it on, it starts right away. You HAVE to watch it because sometimes it does get stuck on uneven flooring,a mat, or rug. I liked this product alot because It is SO QUIET! I mean for a vacuum it is super quiet. Overall I liked it and plan on keeping it! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT if you know what you're getting, January 24, 2012
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I was expecting it to be kind of worthless. But at worst I knew the swiffer pad would sweep like the Mint but a lot cheaper because this one doesn't have that fancy navigation.
On our hard wood floor it sucked up dust, sand (volleyball courts :] ), and cat hair efficiently (but skipped the cats toys and ribbons). In our 1250 sq. foot apartment it traveled everywhere, getting the little bit of cat litter outside the litterbox, and the dust bunnies from under the chairs and couches. DEFINITELY worth $44.
Don't compare it to a $600 Roomba.

I'm a computer engineer, and I can't wait to add all of the high priced features to this one on the cheap!
If all goes well I'll write a blog and how-to about it!
I plan on replacing the MCU/software with open source code, giving it a charging base station and scheduler, extending the run time, speeding up charging time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does OK on carpets, December 26, 2011
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I like this thing. It is great for getting under beds and furniture if it high enough. Does not make much noise and gets the dust.
For $50 I mean i would not have real high expectations You have to save it every 10 minutes from getting stuck. But it is so cheap so you can not leave it alone for more than 15 minutes. It gets stuck on the transition from floor to carpet on throw rugs but It is fun to watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Dustbuster on Wheels, Too., September 5, 2010
SanPa (MPLS, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
It has a primitive guidance system. It probably isn't furniture safe. But the P3 does suck up most visible debris from a hard floor. And for under $50, it's probably worth giving it 3 stars (although I admit to returning my purchase).

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a toy, September 2, 2010
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Essentially, it's a dust buster on wheels. The vacuum opening is only a few inches wide. There isn't any vacuum power, and there isn't any brush. Additionally, it got stuck on everything. The first time I ran it on my carpet. It traveled 10 feet, and then got stuck on the heating duct grating on the floor. The second try I ran it on the linoleum in the kitchen. It traveled 3 feet, turned toward the carpet and got stuck on the threshold between the linoleum and the carpet. The third try, I put it on short dense office building type carpeting. There was a 1/8 inch thick cord taped to the floor with duct tape. The unit traveled 5 feet, and then got stuck on the cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars P3 Robotic Vacume, March 22, 2011
This review is from: P3 P4920 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Hi I purchased this P3 robotic vacume about 3 weeks Ago and found it got stuck quite A bit on Kichen toekicks {THE FIX} so I took A plastic Bowl cut it just past the handles so the handles were left on so they catch stuff cut out the top of the bowl and cut relief cuts in it then streched the bowl around the front of the bumper
then placed 1 screw in the very top part of the plastic bumper guard (Note the low front bumper design drops too low but works just gets stuck in toe kick area's)this fix worked great it never gets stuck at all as for its cleaning ability my floor has never been this clean on the hard floor I does ok im surprise the amount of dirt it picks up great for that fine dust that always sticks to your feet have not let it go on carpet due to the vacume being so small I clean that myself but has made cleaning easy just A quick vack once A month this Robot has got me inspired to build my first robot vacume out of A shark hand vac we dont need no undependable roomba vac we got the simple to use and take care of P3 robot as for the filter just push the old one off the plastic and spray glue on another swiffer pad and trim it up thats so easy beats buying new filter ( A Swiffer Pad thats all the filter is anyway ) but it works

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›