on January 20, 2012
I got this mobo because the P45 chipset is virtually impossible to find anymore. Manual oc'ing on this mobo is very finicky, your best bet is to go with the AI Overclocking Profile in bios. Highest oc'ing I could achieve was 15% which I was able to run Prime95 for 6 hours straight with no errors. If you have a Socket 775 cpu and are looking for an upgrade, this is the best that's available nowadays. Despite the G41's chipset not being very oc'ing friendly, this is still a good mobo to get the last life out of your Socket 775 cpu for a good price.

Edit: I'm docking this mobo 1 star because it DOES NOT support AHCI for SSD's. The result is the SSD not being able to perform to even the Sata2 specs. My SSD benchmarks were 175mb/s read and 150mb/s write so the write speed is doing it's job with no problems but the read is under performing by about 100mb/s. I've since upgraded to the MSI P43-51 mobo which supports AHCI and my SSD now runs a lot faster.

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00ghz oc'ed to 3.60ghz
-HIS ATI Radeon HD 6670 1gb DDR5 oc'ed to 900/1150mhz
-MSI P43-51 mobo
-Kingston HyperX Blu 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 (8-9-8-23)
-Samsung 830 64gb SSD & 2 1tb Seagate HD's for storage
-Coolmaster Hyper TX3
-Antec BP500U ATX 12V 500W PSU
-Rosewill Redbone ATX Mid Tower with 2 120mm fans
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 13, 2012
Verified Purchase
My first review is below.
I liked this board so much I bought another for my brother. It's a huge improvement over his MSI board.
And for the same money.
He's running Vista Home and I'm running 7 Ultimate
I couldn't get it to take XP pro w sp1.
Blue screen with XP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome
Started right up.
I tried 2 high end boards and bought this as a last resort for my 775 quad core and am very pleased.
There's an operating system issue but not a major one.
It requires Vista or higher or the lovely blue screen of death rears it's ugly head.(Bios crash)
I installed windows Vista with no problem then installed my win 7 ultimate upgrade.
I tried 3 versions of XP as well as windows 98 without success but vista or newer will work. I read online that win xp with service pack 2 will work but can't verify.
This is a stable board I added an Nvidia 9400gt low end graphics card and made major improvements in game lag.
This will get more life out of my 775 quad core until I upgrade.
Very pleased with this board.
on May 22, 2012
Verified Purchase
I researched motherboards for 3 months to find one that met my price range and still provided the required features. It had to be powerful enough to be used as a software development workstation and double as a Linux application server. After 1 month, everything is working fine. So well in fact, that I'm purchasing another one of these motherboards to host Android applications for cell phones and Tablet PCs. Once I get enough users, I will upgrade, but this is a quick and cheap way to get started.

Specs:
Motherboard - ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS
Processor - Core 2 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.2 GHz
Memory - 8GB RAM.
Hard Drive - 500GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler, RR-B10-212P-G1

As mentioned, this system is rock solid!
on May 19, 2012
Verified Purchase
Well this was the first motherboard out of maybe 15 i've purchased over the years that was D.O.A . i emailed amazon and had another one shipped right away no charge . the replacement which is great, had no problems with it and works like a charm very happy with the board ,have overclocked it 20% so far with no problems. very pleased with customer service at amazon. was very easy and fast.
on October 11, 2012
Verified Purchase
Like so many others I bought this board to replace my old 775 board. I needed a cheap solution that was new and would serve its purpose. I installed windows 7 64bit and went ahead to install the drivers. I got them installed windows rebooted and I still couldn't connect to the internet so I went ahead and reinstalled the lan driver. No response. So I gave up on the CD and I typed in the model on google on another computer. Clicked on the first link I saw and asus can't find the page.

I think I'm going return this motherboard and try another model. I'm not ready to give up on Asus just yet.

System:

1 TB HDD
850w PSU
Thermaltake MK-I
Dear Valued Customer,

Please make sure that in Device Manager that the network adapter is installed, an IP address is assigned to your adapter (check in Network and Sharing Center that you are connected to the LAN or internet), that the LAN orange and green LED's in the rear are either steady or blinking,

If you still have trouble, please feel free to contact me at cl-benson@asus.com.

on January 20, 2013
Verified Purchase
I give this motherboard two star rating because the integrated sound was dead on arrival. My son is a computer tech, and troubleshooted cause of failure, hardware issue. We immediately repackaged it to return for a refund, the seller was very easy to work with on refund. Asus makes good products, but the law of averages of getting a bad product does happen occasionally.
Dear Valued Customer,

We're sorry to hear about the sound issue you had with the motherboard. If you've purchased another ASUS board or the same model and have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-812-282-2787 or online at https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/TechQuery?lang=en-us. Thank you.

For support information, please visit http://support.asus.com. For service, visit http://service.asus.com. For motherboard warranty, visit http://www.service.asus.com/warranty.aspx#!Motherboard%20Warranty/c1c20; Refurbished products/accessories: http://www.service.asus.com/warranty.aspx#!refurbished-warranty/c16us. For RMA status, visit: http://am.eservice.asus.com/rmaweb/search/rmCustomerQueryAction.do?.

on January 14, 2013
I purchased this motherboard about 9 month ago and this thing just stopped working now. I had my pc on for about 2 days and then I noticed its not working. The computer does not give any signal or any light on pressing the power button at first I thouth its my power supply and I changed my power supply but the problem persists, I also tried to jump start this in case my chasis is faulty but that didn't worked either. So that means there is some thing wrong with this motherboard and I have never expected this to happen from an ASUS product because I am a big asus fan but this thing made me sad.
Dear Valued Customer,

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with this motherboard. Since you've already tested outside of the case and PSU, please also check the CPU, video card (if not using onboard VGA), and beep codes by plugging a speaker into the MB system panel:

1 long beep and 2 short beeps = memory
1 long beep and 3 short beeps = VGA
1 long beep and 4 short beeps = hardware component failure

If there's no change, please RMA the motherboard using the online submittal form at: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx or call motherboard support at 1-812-282-2787. If you have any questions, please contact me at the email below. Thank you.

on January 3, 2013
Verified Purchase
If your selling these then your in luck but if your looking to replace this piece your better off starting from scratch with newer stuff.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 12, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought this to utilize hardware from a previous build I had and to save as much money as possible. for $50, it was a great deal.

Initial set up and install of everything wasn't bad. SATA cables are tight if you have a big GPU, which is understandable with a mATX booard.

If you have a big GPU, only plan on utilizing one of the PCI slots.

I did overclock the CPU using the build in automatic OC option in the bios. the system would only stay stable with a 15% overclock no matter which compatible CPU I used (I tried four different CPU, can't recall which ones, as I use old parts to fix pc's for friends and family for fun).

6 months and 8 days to the day I first installed, my PC just shut off. Mother Board went, so I bought an ASRock G41-S3, and that seems to be working great for the first 2 hours on a $40 replacement board.

Had the motherboard not died on me, it would most definitely be a 4-4.5 star board for the price and being able to use my IDE DVD drives, and my old LGA 775 intel CPU's.
Dear Valued Customer,

We're sorry for the experience you had using the motherboard. Since you mentioned that the system was previously overclocked, have you tried returning to normal speeds after clearing CMOS to see if the board can boot or POST? If the motherboard is within its warranty (3 years from the date of manufacture), you may send it for RMA. Please use the online submittal form at: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx or call us at 1-812-282-2787 to begin the RMA process. Thank you.

on July 3, 2012
Verified Purchase
Using with a 9450 Quad Extreme and 8 gb of Kingston HyperX Blue 1333MHz with a 465GTX vid card. Heard that some had issues with 8gb 1333 but I had none. Rebuilt a Velosity Micro and am very pleased. If you want to get more life out of the legacy CPU, I would suggest this MB.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations