5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board! I got my REV B3, worth it!
Published on March 19, 2011 by Cy

1.0 out of 5 stars DIED after 1 week.
Works awesome, overclocks my i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, i was able to OC to 5Ghz but temps went to 85C and had to use high voltages so decided to stick to 4.5 with 1.28 volts, which was ok for 24/7.

I love the new bios, mouse support and everything is nice and clean.

Has bluetooth and other nice features. The card is ok price.

UPDATE:...
Published on August 3, 2011 by P. Carmona

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board! I got my REV B3, worth it!, March 19, 2011
This review is from: ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 2400 ATX Motherboard (Personal Computers)
I received my REV B3 Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard this week from Amazon and I'm very pleased with the performance and stability of this board. Not as expensive as the Deluxe version but with most of the features. I have this paired with a 2500k and was able to get a very high OC just using the supplied Asus AI Suite 2 software. I normally have always done overclocking through the bios but the software is perfect for a quick reliable OC without much thought. I do plan on OC'ing through the bios later on to see how high and stable I can get. The new graphical bios interface is very easy to use.

My board came with Bios 1305 which was the most recent, check Asus website for updated versions.

The packaging had the new REV B3 labeling on the box. And there was a REV B3 sticker on the motherboard. You can even use CPU-Z to verify the revision also. Just make sure it's REV B3 or later.

The supplied back panel bracket for your future USB 3.0 devices is a nice addition allowing even more USB 3.0 devices in the future.

Note: If you want the latest software and drivers for your board. Make sure to download them from ASUS's website as the ones on the supplied disk are already out of date.

Stability: So far no crashes or BSODS. Highly recommended.

Update: 7/28/11

I just wanted to update that my system has been stable for my first 4 months of ownership. No problems or regrets in my purchase. I'm currently on Bios 1850 which is the latest to date, but all versions of the Asus bios have been stable for me.

Specs:
i5-2500k
Asus p8p67 pro rev 3.0
AMD 6950 2gb GPU
G.Skill 8gb F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ram
Win 7 x64

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the new ASUS P8P67 PRO REV3 board!, April 9, 2011
Out of the box the board came with an adapter to install the front I/O wires easily. It also came with a USB 3.0 back panel bracket if you want 2 additional USB ports. I really love the PCI express slider ASUS made. On my previous motherboard the plastic piece that releases the video card from the PCI express slot broke. This looks a LOT more durable.

I see a huge performance boost from my old AMD 4200+ processor. I tested Mafia 2, GTA IV and battlefield bad company 2. These games run a lot smoother and are actually playable now. Extracting rar files and encoding some video game clips is a LOT faster. I haven't overclocked yet, seems plenty fast for now!!!

I got my playstation 3 remote to work with the onboard bluetooth.

[...]

You can also stream music from your cell phone to the PC via bluetooth. Worked with my cell phone, but the signal wasn't very good unless I was 3-4 feet away.

Stability: No crashes or BSODs.

4/8/2011- My computer had been working perfectly for two weeks. I tried to start my computer up and had a problem loading my 1TB Western Caviar Black. While connected, it would freeze at press delete to enter bios screen. The motherboard had a red boot device led stay on.
***I fixed this using hirens boot 10.6 and paragon partition manager. I deleted the volume label that I had made previously and it booted up perfectly!

My Setup:
Nvidia GTX 260
Creative Xtreme Music Sound card
SilverStone 650w PSU
Primary HD:
1TB WD caviar black (waiting on vertex 3 ssd)
Secondary HD:
1TB Seagate barracuda

5.0 out of 5 stars A Happy Camper!!, March 24, 2011
Board fired right up after installing all of the hardware. Jumped right in the BIOS to check the version and is what I expected "1305". These BIOS are fine. No need to update them to "1502" unless your NEC Chip F/W is broken. I had to manually set my DRAM Frequency to 1600 and volts to 1.5v. Once I did this the smart BIOS set the timings for me. Thanks to my Thermaltake Frio my CPU temps idle at 24c and 28c-30c under high load. I'm very please with the stock performance, without overclocking the system. This is a great board for the price. The features are wonderful. Thanks Amazon for getting these in stock to support my PC needs.

The Goodies Inside:

Intel i5 2500K
Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - Becareful Very Big Cooler!
G.Skill Ripjaw @7-8-7-24 2N 1.5v (Stock Timings)
PNY GTX 470
Creative Xtremegamer Fatal1ty Pro Sound Card
Antec 650w PSU with 4 x 12v rails
WD Caviar Black HDD

1.0 out of 5 stars DIED after 1 week., August 3, 2011

I love the new bios, mouse support and everything is nice and clean.

Has bluetooth and other nice features. The card is ok price.

UPDATE:

Motherboard DIED within a week of use. Someday it didnt want to turn on, it just like power for just a second and then shut off by itself. I tried everything, unmounted the mobo and everything again, didnt help, reset bios, changed ram, everything... didnt work. I mean it didnt even boot into bios, it just started then shut off. I checked short circuits or something that could be doing this but no. Also what could possibly be wrong, if it was working fine for days....

After like 2 hours it STARTED! i was like YEAH.... finally i can use my computer so i can start doing my job.

Three days later, it started doing the same thing.... But this time, IT NEVER STARTED AGAIN.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU BUYING THIS. I BOUGHT THE 3RD (THIRD!) REVISION AND THIS MOTHERBOARD STILL HAS PROBLEMS (WOW...). OBVIOUSLY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE. I'D GO WITH THE Z68, I'D AVOID P67 AT ALL COST! BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

IM RETURNING THIS MOBO FOR A REFUND AND GETTING A Z68 FOR MYSELF... ALSO IM THINKING AVOIDING ASUS TOO, NOT QUITE SURE YET SINCE ITS BEEN AN AWESOME BRAND FOR ME SO FAR, MAYBE I'LL GIVE THEM ANOTHER TRY, WE'LL SEE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what's giving me the problems...looking like it may be the MOBO, March 22, 2011
Pros: Feature full.
UEFI Bios
3 year manufacturer warranty
Cons: Still has a buggy bios
Experiencing occasional post errors and multiple boots.

I like the board and all the features it comes with, not bad for the price and Asus is generally a reliable brand. However, my build is having some obvious issues associated with the motherboard (the multiple cold boots and failure to post) but I'm also running into some BSODs while running windows. At this point I'm not sure if the latter is because of the motherboard but I wouldn't be surprised.

Even after updating to the latest BIOS (1502) it's still giving me problems...still getting the cold boot errors. However, that's something I could perhaps live with...as I know the bios will be updated with time. However, I'm still doing testing to see if the BSODs are related to the problems with the motherboard. If I find out it is then I'll be asking for a replacement. Assuming I get a reliable board that works like it should then I think this is a good deal...but in doing research it looks like several people are experiencing similar issues.

Here's my build in case you're wondering (all new parts):
i5-2500k
GeForce GTX 460
Crucial 128GB SSD
Western Digital 500GB HDD
Corsair 650TX power supply
Corsair 8GB 1300MHz RAM
Asus P8p67 Pro

Let me know if you're getting similar issues.

UPDATE 4/11/2011:
It actually ended up being in large part due to the processor. There were some defects apparently in the 4th core which were causing the BSODs. I did end up resetting the CMOS and that seems to have taken care of the multiple post/boot issues. I'm not all that thrilled with the boot times on the MOBO itself though...it takes about the same amount of time for the MOBO boot sequence as it does to start Windows on my SSD. However, since the major issues weren't being caused by the MOBO I gave the review an additional star

1.0 out of 5 stars Two didn't work at all, June 17, 2011
My first one did not even show any attempt to post. fans and lights came on, but no further response. I tried different video, cpu, hd and memory-still the same. I RMA'd for a replacement. I did not work either. I did not have the nerve to try a third, so I ordered a different model board, which did work on first attempt. This is disappointing because I was anxious to try the i7. Guess I have to wait a while till Asus gets the problems sorted out, or try a different maker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, June 12, 2011
First board wouldn't POST. Waiting on a replacement. Amazon customer service is A+ as usual. Had a new board on its way within 15 minutes of my replacement request.

Update: Got the new board, popped it in and everything booted up first run. One complaint is it double boots occasionally. There are some solutions online but why should I have to mess around with BIOS to get my board to function as all the other boards do without any tweaks?

5.0 out of 5 stars A really GOOOODDDDDDD Motherboard, May 30, 2011
Right out of the box, a really good looking, big, reliable and made with quality materials. 3 PCI express ports for Sli - users and a lot of really nice features. Everything can be set up in a few minutes. Comes with extra Sata Cables and the required stuff to get ready. The bios is extremely useful, easy and nice (compared to the standard bios, this is like being in windows). you can choose in what to monitor or ignore (like CPU Fans, pick ignore if you are using liquid cooling systems and dont want to see the "alert" messages after every boot"). The Bluetooth was a really nice addon... never had one before and it is a must have if you are a user of smartphones and really dont like to connect your phone using the cable and let it hang arround (Short cables). The USB 3.0 is a really NICE feature. you gotta try it to see the diference... Also, the sandy Bridge + 6Gb transfer in the SATA hard Drives are just too powerful. Everything in this motherboard ROCKS. and for this price... WOW!!!!! just.... W O W !!!!! the Gigabit ethernert port is a nice extra too!.

My Build:

Intel Core I7 2600k (GREAT CPU)
Vengance DDR 3 (16GB RAM)
1TB Harddrive
Antec KUHLER H2O 620 CPU Cooler (liquid cooling system for the CPU. Great product too... I was a little bit scared, since this was my first time using this type of colling system)
Geforce GTX 470

The Pros:

* quality Materials
* 3 PCi-E Ports
* Extra Cables
* Good Looking
* Friendly and powerful Bios
* Bluetooth integrated (yep, it rocks!)
* USB 3.0
* 6GB/s transfer (SATA)
* Easy to Set up
* This version comes with an updated BIOS

Cons:

None so far. a really nice price for a GREAT product... in fact, is now being advertised 10$ Cheaper...

If you are thinking in a GREAT motherboard, durable, reliable, powerful and easy to use for a GREAT price, this one is for you... specially if you are thinking in a dual Video card (Sli) Setup in the future. Make sure you get a mid-tower or full tower case, since is a really big motherboard and you should get the best of it.

Comment my review if you like.. or questions?

CHeers!

Review by -Luis-

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, October 6, 2011
I would highly recommend this mobo. It had all the features I wanted and more at a good price. Installed corsair vengeance (blue) ram in it and the colors match perfectly. If possible but a case with a black interior it will make all the blues really pop. This mobo makes over-clocking so easy. Simply enter the EFI bios and click on the setting you want.....That is it you have over-clocked the CPU....It is that easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS rocks - overclocking made simple update BIOS though!, September 30, 2011
Techie (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I haven't built a PC for a very long time, well over 20 years - and I decided to try it one more time, and chose ASUS for the motherboard. GREAT motherboard. Simple to overclock, very intuitive BIOS (UEFI mouse-driven) is pretty to look at and simple to navigate. You can do a basic overclock for dummies in the bios, or you can install the AI Suite software into windows 7 (64 bit) and let ASUS engineers do a trial-and-error overclock to discover the highest speed your system will run at before it locks up. Mine is stable to 4.7 Ghz, which is about as far as 90% of i7 2600k chips can go (only 10% can go to 5 Ghz). While 5 Ghz sounds like a lot more than 4.7, as a percentage it's actually only about 6% faster. Yes, 6% is 'nice' but it's not a deal-breaker. Also, at 5 Ghz, heat becomes very much of a concern, my air-cooling Noctua DH-14 might not be enough at that level.

My only 'gripe' is that this thing POSTS twice when starting cold. It powers up for about 3 seconds, then powers down, and then boots normally. I have the latest BIOS and have turned on "boot from PCI-e" per ASUS suggestions, but this issue continues. It is so minor I only mention it so if you experience it, you won't be bummed out or think you have a bad board. I believe the issue will be corrected in the next BIOS release. Even if it never gets corrected, I love this motherboard.

It's well made, solid, and the heat-sinks (passive) work great. What more can you want? If money permits, go one more notch up and buy the Deluxe model, it has a little nicer Power Phasing, which never hurts. I'm very satisfied with this board, though.

***UPDATE 12/3/2012 - ASUS has apparently stopped selling this board, which is a shame, I really like it, but ASUS -has- released updated bios on Nov 22, 2012 which is WORTH upgrading to. Note: WRITE DOWN all your advanced bios settings before you flash to the new bios, so you can restore your custom settings after flashing to the new BIOS. If you don't, your system won't remember which drives you want it to boot from in what order and other things like your overclock settings.***

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›