4.0 out of 5 stars BIG FEET
I'M TOLD MY 13EE FEET ARE RATHER LARGE; ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM NOT A TOWERING GIANT. SO IT IS A TREAT TO HAVE A PARAFFIN BATH THAT ACCOMODATES ME. IT IS A BASIC, COMPETENT HEATING DEVICE. THE THERAPY DOES HELP TIRED, SORE FEET. NOW, FOR A GOOD MASSEUSSE TO RUB THEM AFTER THE PARAFFIN BATH...
RENAISSANCE MAN
Published on August 30, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes Too Long and Is Too Big
The HoMedics Paraspa is simply too big. The minimum amount of wax you need to use is three and one half pounds. Wax only comes in one pound blocks so that means you have to use at least four pounds. Using four blocks means it takes forever to melt. Had my unit plugged in for over 7 hours and not enough wax had melted to submerge my whole (very tiny) hand(s)...
Published on January 31, 2007 by SayWhen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars BIG FEET, August 30, 2002
By A Customer
RENAISSANCE MAN

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!, November 24, 2003
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I bought the paraffin bath a few weeks ago, and I absolutely LOVE it! It has softened my skin and took away all of the dry, rough parts on my hands and feet. This is an A+ product! I am definitely going to buy some more as Christmas gifts for my family and friends! It takes away all the stress and gives me skin so soft, it feels like baby skin!

4.0 out of 5 stars For a consumer unit this one is pretty darn good, May 16, 2008
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I've owned two consumer units and I have been to a hand therapist several times and used commercial units. My first one was a dr. scholls, that one is nice because it only takes three hours to heat up and has a timer on it so you can set it to come on at three am so it's ready at 6 when you get up. That one also came with nice terry mitts but it's a shallower and a bit narrower unit, it's hard to get a wrist into the dr. scholl unit, this unit is better for wrists and probably ankles and feet too because it's wider and deeper. This one takes about 14 hours to melt the wax for the first time. Unlike the dr. scholl, you'll probably want to melt the wax and then leave it on all the time on low setting since it takes so darn long to melt; this one has several heat settings so it's not going full heat all the time (the Dr. School is high and low only, this has solid, warm, melt and two other settings in between). This unit is a little disconcerting because the heat light goes on and off, you think maybe the unit isn't working but I think it does this by design so it doesn't get too hot or overheat. The outside of this unit does not get anything except warm and the bottom has a cord control built in. On the inside it "appears" that the heating elements go all the way up to the max line (much deeper than the Dr. Scholls unit). Unlike other units this one comes with 6 pounds of paraffin compared to 4 for my other unit. Even with all 6 pounds in it there is room for a bit more and like I said a deeper unit is better for wrists so you may want to buy more paraffin right away so you'll have it when you need it (you lose a minute amount and do have to add more occasionally). Buy your paraffin off amazon it's way cheaper out here than I've ever been able to buy it in local stores. My hand therapist uses the 150.00 (therabath pro) unit they sell on amazon it's a bit deeper than this one but I didn't have that much to spend now. My hand therapist also uses a heating pad or hot pad (they heat them in hot water) to wrap around to add to the amount of heat because the paraffin cools pretty quickly even under the plastic bag and a towel or terry mitt. This unit does not come with mitts but they do give you 60 plastic bags. No reason to toss the bags every time I just reuse it every time till the bag tears. So far I like this unit better than my Dr. Scholls but they could have tossed in some terry mitts. I gave away the Dr. Scholls unit but I kept the mitts for this one. It's worth the money so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhh!, February 2, 2002
Joyce (Skaneateles, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
This is the best little treat I have gotten for myself in quite a while! I got one for my sister for a Christmas gift and was a tad bit jealous as she raved about it! Sooo.. I got one after Christmas for ME! It's wonderful.. soothing, warm and softening!

5.0 out of 5 stars heaven for your feet, March 7, 2007
M. Penny (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I will definitely say that this item is all you want from a paraffin bath. I looked at a number of them, and this is a very good size--I wear size 8 1/2 shoes and it fits me easily with plenty of room to spare. It heats up pretty quickly; I have 5 lbs of wax inside, and it took about 5 hours for it to melt the first time, and much less every other time. If you turn it all the way down, but do not unplug, I would say about an hour to melt completely down for dipping, if not less.

I would also suggest, rather than using the bags that come with them, just go ahead and use saran wrap to keep in the heat of the wax. That's even what they do use at my spa. Alternately, you can use the bags that come with them, and then put socks on over them to keep them on and the heat in. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough Skin Be Gone!, March 18, 2003
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I now have the softest hands, feet and elbows that I have ever had in my adult life. Standing on concret all day takes its toll on my feet, this paraffin bath is heaven sent.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, March 13, 2007
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
This appliance is everything I had hoped it would be. I have noticed much improvement in the softness of the skin on my hands and feet after just using it a few times. It comes with everything you need to start using it, and has a generous supply of plastic booties. The directions were fine and it is easy to use.I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relief, January 3, 2006
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I've had this unit for a number of years and use it alot in the winter months. With arthritis if my feet and hands its great especially on a cold night. I've also found that once the paraffin melts I turn it all the way down, and when I'm ready I remelt and keep it at midway for treatments. Both my parents have used it and also loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!, March 22, 2007
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
I love this! It really helps to soften and moisturize winter dry skin. The tub is nice and large for doing either hands or feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing!, February 10, 2008
Misty Miley (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homedics Paraspa (Health and Beauty)
Love it! I thought I wanted a smaller one that would fit better on a counter, but now that I have this size, I'm glad to have it instead. It's big enough for hands and feet, and I like that I can leave it plugged in continuously so the wax doesn't have to harden in between treatments. It's helped my hands a lot, with dryness and soreness from being at the computer too much. It takes a lot of wax to fill it, but since I'm the only user, I like that I can reuse the wax. I would recommend it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›