Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: (PASHMINA) SHAWL,regular size from CASHMERE PASHMINA GROUP IN 55 VIBRANT COLORS
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 3, 2007
They marked the list price way too high. And even sale price @$25 is too high as well compare the quality of the product. Don't be fooled by the picture. I got four and they arrived in one ~13"x10" envelop. Can you imaging that sized Shawl as shown on the photo can be stuffed in one single envelop?

I end up returned all to the seller. it totally cost me $30 for shipping on both ways. Please DO NOT consider this product/seller at all, ever.
33 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2005
I ordered two pashminas (black and champagne) and they are beautiful. You can't beat the quality and price of these shawls. I got them in several days and customer service was pretty good. I'm a happy camper.
on January 2, 2006
I received a pashmina shawl as a Christmas gift, but the fabric was unbelievably itchy and left me with horrible hives. I called to inquire about a refund, and the phone sales person (who was condescending at best) told me that they had a 2 week return policy. I explained that it was a gift that was purchased early in Decemeber but that I had not received it until the 25th, and she told me that the 2 weeks policy would apply from the date I received it. (I even DOUBLE confirmed this with her, explaining that if the person who bought this for me would not get a full refund that I would rather keep the item and try my luck reselling it on eBay, but she assured me I could just send it back!) I folded the shawl EXACTLY as it had been sent to me, slipped it back into the resealable plastic bag it came in and sent it back to the company within the two weeks. I then heard from the person who sent me the gift that they received a nasty e-mail from the company stating that the refund had been appproved but that they would take a 20% restocking deduction from the refund DESPITE having verbal confirmation that this would not happen.

So to sum up--horrid product, horrid service. These people went out of their way to lie to me and steal a profit from the person who gave me the gift.
22 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2006
Service was great. I got my shawls in record time. However, I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the shawls (I ordered burnt orange and black). From the picture of the woman wearing the shawl, I expected a really warm cuddly shawl but it turned out to be more of a cotton throw. I would not recommend buying this shawl.
on February 13, 2006
I recently purchased the Lipstick Red shawl. It was the perfect shade of red that I needed. The shawl itself was in a sealed bag with the tags on it. I'm completely satisfied with the product.

Now for the dislikes:

There was not an invoice(receipt) in the box in which the shawl came in. Luckily, I did not have to return it. But it came with a solicitation for me to become a member of the Pashmina Group and sell them out of my house on my own.(Think like Avon or Amway products, something like that)

Another concern was that I received no email communications on the shipping status of my order. No tracking number, nothing stating that it was on it's way. However, an upside to that is when I sent them an email they did respond with answers the next morning.

I am happy with this purchase but I think that the seller should be more pro-active in getting those emails out to us buyers to help calm our shipping jitters! :-)
on September 21, 2006
I just received my order. It arrive at the expected date. They even e-mailed a tracking number for me to track my order. The product is nice: the quality is ok, and it isn't sheer and thin (which is great), but it feels more wool-like than soft pashmina/silk combo. I have a pashmina bought from Turkey and it is 70% pashmina 30% silk, and it feels more luxurious. But we'll see... I'll write back in two months if it begins to pill. It is a nice product and their color selection is AMAZING, so for now, I would order more from them.

I tried going to the merchant/manufacturer's website, to order direct, but it was difficult to navigate. It is better to buy it on Amazon.
on February 15, 2006
I ordered 4 pashmina shawls as gifts for my bridesmaids to wear at my wedding. The shawls are absolutely beautiful and of high quality - they arrived very quickly (with standard shipping from across the country). The customer service was fantastic and very prompt in replying to my inquiries. My only regret is that I did not order an additional shawl for myself.
on February 7, 2006
When I first ordered the pashmina shawl I was not completely satisfied with my order. When I returned the item the Pashmina Group went above and beyond helping me resolve my return issues. I will order again from Pashmina Group because of their excellent customer service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
on May 22, 2014
I have ordered many Pashmina shawls from this vendor - the larger size is terrific for winter, the regular size works well for cool spring and summer mornings. I wear them with my suits when I go to court or to depositions, they are more attractive than the basic winter scarf and they dress up the navy or grey or black suits that I wear, give them a little something extra. The color selection is amazing. I don't keep them in a drawer, I hang them up using a covered clothes hanger designed for slacks. I do have them dry cleaned after several wearings and they retain their color very well. Spring and summer mornings walking to the train station and waiting for the train, the shawls add just enough of a layer for extra warmth and as the day warms up, I fold up the shawl then roll it and store it in my tote or brief case.......it's also handy when working in air conditioning or if the a/c is turned on in the train/subway. Great find.
on January 22, 2016
I haven't worn this yet so I cannot attest to it's warmth, which is what I bought it for; I will update that at a later time. I will say it is nice and soft and it is more than adequate in length and width and looks very nice. My concern is all of the different info regarding what it's made out of and where it comes from. This site says it is 50/50 pashmina wool/silk. The attached tag says 80/pashmina wool 20/silk... which is great! It also says made in India. It DID NOT come from Fanties Room, the invoice and package both came from Pashmina Group out of NY. So I honestly don't really know what the deal is with all of the different info out there about this product, but... now you know what I received and so far I really like it.

See 1 answered question