1,166
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter,6.5 oz
Size Name: 6.5-OunceChange
Price:$7.26 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 22, 2009
I added two tablespoons of it to my chocolate protein and vanilla soy milk with a few slices of bananna. It was delicious. Tasted just like my smoothies with regular peanut butter. It cut out 160 calories and 14.8 grams of fat.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 10, 2010
Size Name: 6.5-OunceVerified Purchase
This is a tricky product to review. On the one hand, the flavor is great! (especially the choc. peanut butter). If I were rating it on flavor alone, I would give it five stars. However, I took one star off for the price and another star off for the quantity. It has 15 servings, with each serving being two Tablespoons. however, two tablespoons of the powder mixed with a little water only yields about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter. So if you are making peanut butter for a sandwich or for apples, you go through the jar pretty quick (only took me about two days). But if you are going to add it to a vanilla protein shake, the one serving adds a ton of flavor. So I would repurchase this but only for adding to shakes.
5151 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 23, 2009
This comes in powdered form that you mix with water to the consistancy that you like. It is by far the best low cal/low fat peanut butter product. I've tried them all, and although it's not as good as full fat/full cal peanut butter - it's pretty good.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 8, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-Ounce
After a couple of days to try out these 2 Peanut butter substitutes (the regular and chocolate versions) I can say I'm a convert. I LOVE peanut butter, for me it's a trigger food. If I eat it, I tend to want to eat half the jar at once and it can lead to wanting to eat other things I know I shouldn't. I've worked damn hard to shed 170lb this past year and half and indulging in PB is something I very rarely do anymore. I'd all but given it up. So actually finding something like this, which will allow me to enjoy the occasional PB&J sandwich without the feelings of guilt and remorse is a godsend!
The reg. version of PB2 does have a roasted peanut taste to it, so it's not quite like regular PB, you don't get the salty sweeter taste of Jiff or Skippy. JUST the roasted peanut taste. But it's quickly adapted to. And the Chocolate version (which I was more skeptical of) was even better! You can eat either one right after you mix them with water, but I think they're best when added to something else.
First of all I like to mix a base of reg PB2 with the chocolate version since I prefer a bit more of the nutty flavor to the chocolate. When just eating the chocolate my first thought was this would be great on whole wheat with a smear of marshmallow creme. And I don't even like marshmallow creme. But I will probably try it out one day to see if I'm right.
Either spread works great on fruit. I've tried apples and bananas so far. I also tried a PB&J with reduced calorie jelly and it worked very well. Good enough to replace the high calorie reg. PB&J sandwiches.

It might sound strange but one combo I REALLY like is to scoop a bit of the powdered PB onto a fat free potato chip (I use Pringles fat free sour cream) and no there wasn't a taste clash or anything. I'm sure you could use the reg Pringles fat free, I just happen to think the sour cream ones taste better. Anyway turn the chip upside down and scoop a bit of powder into the "bowl" of the underside and eat. The salt of the chip is the first thing that hits your tongue and then the PB powered crumbs. And the combo is just....yumm!!!! Like that, it really does taste like any PB you could buy. I tried it with the chocolate version too, and there it's really like eating a peanut butter cup. And surprisingly the salty chip and powered PB isn't dry in the mouth. Quite the opposite actually. Now on the other hand, I tried adding the powdered PB2 as a topping to my skinny cow ice cream as I do on occasion like some melted PB on my ice cream, but there it DID dry out my mouth completely. Very strange. So I decided to try and mix the PB2 with water then heat it up in the microwave to see if it would melt like reg PB. It didn't. It got hot, but ended up dry like the cookie dough for peanut butter cookies where you can basically ball it up in your hands. I guess without all the fat the PB2 can't melt like standard peanut butter. So as for ice cream topping, at least so far, it hasn't worked.
I am looking forward to seeing what else these 2 powdered products would work with and am already planning on ordering the larger sizes as I'd like to try some baking with them too.

All in all, I highly recommend them!

Edit; Okay so it DOES work as a melted peanut butter substitute on ice cream. The key is to start with a base of water and gradually add powder to it until you get a very creamy consistency that will run off a spoon, just like melted pb *then* heat it up in the microwave. My first attempt with this method I used far too much water so be careful there. I kept adding bits of powder including the chocolate version for fear I'd use all my pb2 up. But it was so much water I couldn't thicken it up enough and decided to start over. However, rather than just throw it all out, I decided to try it out as a drink. And you know, heated up, it was like a super rich cup of cocoa....delish! Even with no added sweetener it was sweet enough. And as a plus, since it's just water you can save those calories there. Not to mention, if you're lactose intolerant like me, regular hot chocolate is out anyway.

Now even though this stuff is 85% less than regular peanut butter it does have some calories and fat, so I wouldn't over do it. But as an occasional indulgence, I'm so happy I found this!

PS: I just want to add since purchasing PB2 from Amazon I've found a site called "netrition.com" and I highly recommend buying food stuffs from them. Amazon is great for pretty much everything else, but they are way over priced on their food.
I bought the large 16oz pack of PB2 from netrition for only 7.99 per bag. the same price Amazon charges for the small 6.5oz size! They don't have free shipping like Amazon, but they only charge $4.95 flat shipping fee no matter how much you buy. So it's not bad. Maybe because I bought so much, or it was my first time ordering but they also sent me a free low cal. quick cook cake mix. They were also way WAY cheaper on PB2 peanut butter crackers and everything else I ordered from them.

So like I said, Amazon is great for most things, but when it comes to food. Netrition is a whole lot better!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 4, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-OunceVerified Purchase
Excellent, mixes well in a protein shake and tastes just like a jar of peanut butter!
The only problem with ordering it from Amazon is they have an obvious pricing mistake, I can get this from other websites for $3.99 a jar, even if your an amazon prime member and get free shipping here, you will still save a lot ordering it elsewhere.
You can even get it from the manufactures website for much cheaper.
I called the company and the suggested retail price is approx. $4.00 per jar.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 1, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-Ounce
This is a great product; tastes great, much healthier than regular commercial peanut butter. Unfortunately, it is also available everywhere else on the internet for $3.99 while it's nearly $12 on Amazon. I notified Amazon of this 300% difference in price nearly two months ago and they assured me they would look into it. No adjustment to the price has been made and I would assume at this point, that it won't be.

Buy the product but buy it anywhere else.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 25, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-OunceVerified Purchase
I was very impressed with the taste of this peanut butter. After playing around a bit with the water to powder ratio, I got a smooth creamy spread that was fantastic on a piece of bread.

Be sure to measure out the amount you want by weight, not volume. I am dinging them one star because their serving size is 21g or 2 tbps. I found that 21g came out a bit over 1 tbps, but it is definitely not 2! Since most people are likely buying this to watch their calories, that's a big error. You still end up with enough to comfortably cover a piece of bread.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 4, 2009
I first purchased PB2 in Manhattan and was so excited about its great taste that I bought another four jars and mixed spoonfuls for colleagues at work. You can use PB2 as others have suggested, but I like it on sandwiches. My entire life I've been addicted to peanut butter, so much so that during college I ate 4 lbs of freshly ground health store peanut butter per week! I find that when I mix 2 TBSP of PB2 powder with jelly and put it on a sandwich it tastes as good as any peanut butter sandwich I've ever had.

At 55, I'm blessed to be in great shape and have tried to stop eating peanut butter all together but it's impossible. So I'm here to order four more jars of what I consider to be a miracle: PB2! Mix it with jelly (even margarine or a little butter) and enjoy an extremely low fat, old fashioned peanut butter sandwich.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 4, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-OunceVerified Purchase
I love high-octane peanut butter, but not the fat/calorie content.

TASTE: If you are accustomed to low-salt or raw products, the taste will be fine. If someone in the house balks at the taste, you can toss in a dash of fine sea salt or honey (agave works well too). You could easily mix PB2 with PB to wean onto this gradually.

TEXTURE: Mixes fast and is very smooth (surprisingly). From the jar, it's similar in consistency to powdered sugar. Open factory seal on jar carefully so it doesn't fly out (trust me).

MIXING: Easily mixes using a small spoon or spatula in a gently sloping small bowl (I use a pinch bowl)

USAGE: PB2 has recipes on their website (Bell Plantation) and they also sell a chocolate/pb product. I'm a fan of straight PB2 (a spoon by itself) but have had PB2 on crackers, sprinkled on banana/apple slices, and am looking forward to making homemade PB2 ice cream this summer.

STORAGE: I was a bit disappointed at shelf life projection. As a dry product, it should last for years but the company says 10-12 months unopened and 4-6 opened. I would prefer to buy the larger sizes or a case to save more.

COST: It can be obtained cheaper elsewhere (like on the PB2 website) but I had free shipping purchases to offset the cost. I wanted to try just one jar before committing to a larger sized container from the company. If you purchase natural products, the price won't be such a shock.

BIGGEST PROS: lower calorie and fat content - hands down the best. Dogs like it too ;)
BIGGEST CONS: high cost and not a product you can 'make ahead' very successfully (though this could be considered a "PRO" because it helps with portion control. I make it as needed.

This product will not change your life, but it will satisfy your peanut butter cravings.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 22, 2011
Size Name: 6.5-OunceVerified Purchase
I grew up eating whatever peanut butter had the lowest calories, so I'm used to the taste that some people complain about. I've been adding a tablespoon of Skippy peanut butter to my protein shakes and this stuff has 1/4th of the calories and I don't notice a difference in taste.

This stuff is -very- fine. Practically peanut dust. You won't find any chunks of peanut in this stuff and it's really easy to pack it down. I'm afraid to see how much my jar will compact down to because I might feel a little ripped off.

But this stuff is great! As soon as I opened it I sprinkled a spoonful into my mouth - dry! It tasted just like peanut butter and had the same texture as smooth peanut butter. Good stuff. Really wish it was cheaper though!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations