Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 17, 2013
Let me start by saying that I never write reviews. PB2 sparked a desire to do so. I am a self-admitted peanut butter addict. I can easily house an entire jar in a single sitting. This being said, I am also paleo, and peanut butter doesn't fit in with that based on the omega 3 to 6 ratio and being a legume. I also tend to *really* regret eating peanut butter the next day, as my stomach doesn't really appreciate it.

Enter PB2. I was highly skeptical. Opening the package is a little tricky, as it's vacuum-packed without a resealable container. You just have to carefully use a knife or whatever. I just put the rest into empty peanut butter jars. Easy fix.

First, I tasted the powder straight up. Highly promising. Tasted exactly like delicious, roasted peanuts. I mixed two spoons of the powder with just enough water to imitate thick peanut butter. My first taste was...a revelation. Amazing. Mind-blowing. I couldn't comprehend it. IT. TASTED. LIKE. PEANUT. BUTTER.

Holy crap, this stuff is amazing (both the regular and chocolate), and has limitless applications. I stirred it into mashed bananas with a dash of milk. I put it into my post-workout protein smoothie. Oh. God. I'm going to spend so much money on this.

One caveat is that the texture is not like true peanut butter. It doesn't have the viscous, thick, stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth feel. It's more like a light, peanut butter "mousse" if you will.

The real litmus test was how my stomach would handle it. No problem at all.

PB2. I love thee, and will create a shrine in my kitchen to thee.
1111 comments230 of 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2013
love peanut butter, but trying to watch calorie and fat intake? this is your solution. HERE'S THE TRICK: mix this with milk, almond milk, soy milk, or rice milk instead of water. in water, this tastes kinda blech. but with something thicker, it's a great peanut butter alternative.
0Comment94 of 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
I first heard about PB2 at a Weight Watchers meeting in fall 2012. It was the leader who mentioned it, and informed those of us who hadn't yet been enlightened. Powdered peanut butter? Just add water? 45 calories per 2-tablespoon serving? Regular and chocolate-flavored? Sign me up!
I use PB2 as most people probably use peanut butter: spread on a bread product. Oh, but wait - there's more. I add a tablespoon to my oatmeal, to smoothies, to homemade spicy peanut sauce, to banana soft-serve, and to sweet baked goods that could benefit from another level of flavor. I know! Like I said, versatile.
Whether you want to decrease the amount of fat you're consuming, or you want to decrease the amount of calories you're consuming, or you just want convenience and versatility, PB2 is for you.
0Comment77 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
Once you start eating this, you never realize that you replaced the oil with water. Very Very Tasty! The wife loves it!
on January 15, 2014
Chocolate verson is THE BEST in a protien smoothie.
the non-chocolate is pretty good too.
I don't like eating it just as I would peanut butter. PB&J...not gonna happen with this! But great for cookies/smoothies/etc...
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2013
I do like this stuff, especially the chocolate. Wish I'd realized better how it's packed. Needed to get a separate container for storage.
11 comment12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2013
I love peanut butter and chocolate. I was hoping this would be a calorie cutting substitute for the regular kind. I guess it must be the fat that gives PB the full flavor. I have not tried it 'in' something yet. Hopefully it is better in smoothies than on its own.
on September 26, 2013
Okay, so do not laugh, but I love Peanut Butter with sardines, and Peanut Butter with Tuna and Peanut Butter on whole wheat bread and Peanut Butter with marshmallow creme. You get the idea! I like Peanut Butter.

This powdered Peanut Butter completely fills my Peanut Butter obsession, yet keeps me from eating giant spoons of it because I am conscious of measuring the powder and the water to make the spread.

I like it, but more importantly, my husband liked it and I did not tell him it was from powder until after he had eaten.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter powder is great too, especially since the chocolate flavor is from Cocoa and not a manufactured chocolate candy smear. It really works great in banana smoothies.

The plain powder is perfect for my taste without adding any additional sweetener. There is 1 gram of sugar per serving so this is not sugar free. The chocolate powder is also fine without any additional sweeteners.

There are 45 calories per 2 tablespoon serving with the powder (unless you add a sweetener: sugar, agave etc.) as compared to a 2 tablespoon serving of jar Peanut Butter which averages about 190 calories. The caloric content is the same for the Chocolate flavor because the chocolate flavor come from cocoa. The low caloric content is because there is 85% less fat than regular peanut butter.

The biggest test for the authenticity of taste was my 3 grand kids: 7, 9, and 13. I made them sandwiches first with the chocolate peanut butter and then told them how I made it. Then of course, we had to have more sandwiches with them doing the measuring and mixing.

Some folks have complained about how the product is shipped in a hard block form. Actually, the packaging is designed to pull out the air and for us, the consumer, to receive a full bag of the powder. After I opened the powders I put the product into separate air-tight containers and took a fork to gently break up the powder it was easy and the result was a nice, easily measurable powder.

Have fun, enjoy and be creative !
on October 25, 2013
Amazing, amazing product. I just learned of this two days ago and put an order in immediately. It arrived today in vacuum sealed foil 'bricks' that were a bit tough to open, but better for freshness upon delivery, I'm sure. The powder was fine once the package was open and able to be shaken a bit to loosen the compressed powder.

I was hoping for a darker chocolate in that flavor, but have decided that I'll add some of my own dark cocoa and even some instant coffee crystals to approximate Jiff's Mocha Hazelnut flavor. I'm so impressed that I'm ordering more right away.

It's easy to mix and get the consistency of peanut butter without the fat. I may try chopping some dry roast peanuts to create my own chunky peanut butter.

The only 'negative' for me is that it does contain sugar, which is what I came looking for when I ran across this product...rather, I was searching for sugar-free peanut butter, when this showed up in the list. I didn't find any options that were without sugar though. But this is such a great alternative that I don't mind.
0Comment13 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2015
This stuff is unnatural. It surely has to be the work of a witch. How can you take dried peanuts and make smooth and creamy peanut butter. It is like magic. You can make smooth, a little dry, runny or whatever you can imagine.

It tastes great. How can something with so few calories taste so good. You can get 2 tablespoons for 45 calories and get a decent amount of protein in the mix. Just a really good item.

I still say it is something made by witchcraft. Other then that, I have nothing to say!