|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||2560 x 1440|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.04 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year PC Peripherals Planfrom Warrantech
- 100% Parts and Labor Coverage
- Free In-Home Service on Large Products (i.e. television, appliance)
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product
- Contract shipped via email so there is no waiting
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Additional Cost
ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 PLS/ IPS DisplayPort HDMI DVI-D VGA Ergonomic Back-lit LED Monitor
|Price:||$385.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$3.01 (1%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Impeccable lifelike visuals with 27" 16:9 2560 x 1440 with 100% sRGB and 178° wide-viewing angle
- ASUS Eye care technology with Flicker free for less Eye fatigue; Ergonomically-designed stand with Tilt,Swivel,Pivot,Height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for comfortable viewing position
- Extensive connectivity with native WQHD content support with HDMI, DisplayPort, and Dual-link DVI
- ASUS-exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology for true 'what you see is what you get'
- ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty, 2 way free shipping
|Product Alert: IPS (In-Plane-Switching) is a technology for LCD displays that offers users wider viewing angles and bolder colors by allowing more light to pass through the panel. As a result, IPS panels can exhibit a slight glow around the edges and corners (also known as light bleed), which is entirely normal.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 PLS/ IPS DisplayPort HDMI DVI-D VGA Ergonomic Back-lit LED Monitor
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Display Size||27 inches||27 inches||27 inches||27 inches|
|Display Resolution Maximum||2560 x 1440||2560 x 1440||2560 x 1440 Pixels||2560x1440 Pixels|
|Item Weight||19.4 pounds||15.21 pounds||18.3 pounds||15.17 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
PB278Q PLS LED WQHD Monitor
From Concept to Creation: Precision to the Finest Detail
Delivering four times the pixel resolution of HD, the 27-inch ASUS PB278Q is a 2560 by 1440 Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) monitor that brings incredible definition to your games, videos, and everything else you do. The PLS panel enables more pristine image quality with a 178-degree viewing angle to easily share what’s on screen with others. Featuring 100% reproduction in the sRGB color space and ASUS QuickFit that overlays commonly-used print formats on screen, this feature-filled monitor lets you design detailed graphics with precise color accuracy. What’s more, the PB278Q supports the latest display connectivity for WQHD visuals with HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI ports. Complementing its high-definition visuals, it’s built with two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback. For enhanced ergonomics and comfort, the PB278Q features full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments to suit your preferred viewing angle. Experience the true-to-life visuals that will reset your expectations of monitor capabilities.
Wide Quad High Definition
Delivering four times the pixel resolution of HD, the 27-inch ASUS PB278Q is a 2560 by 1440 Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) monitor that brings incredible definition to your games, videos, and everything else you do.
The PLS panel provides an ultra-wide 178-degree viewing angle and a superior matrice design compared to other panels for enhanced definition and detail.
The PB278Q supports the latest display connectivity for up to 2560 by 1440 WQHD resolution with HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI ports.
For enhanced ergonomics and comfort, the PB278Q features full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments to suit your preferred viewing angle.
Advanced OSD Controls
Along with easy-to-use navigation, contrast ratio, and ultra-fast input switching controls, the ASUS QuickFit feature overlays commonly-used print formats on screen to easily preview photos and documents in their actual sizes without having to print.
Splendid Video Intelligence Technology
ASUS Splendid optimizes color and image fidelity and corrects sharpness, color and contrast to produce enhanced visuals. Five preset modes selected via the Splendid hotkey on the front bezel.
- 27-inch 2560x1440 WQHD PLS LED panel delivers four times the resolution of HD and a 178-degree viewing angle
- 100% sRGB color reproduction for true color definition
- Extensive connectivity via HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI for native support up to WQHD resolution
- 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically adjusts between black and white for sharper and brighter visuals
- Two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback
- VESA mountable design and 4-way ergonomic adjustments enable pivot, height, swivel, and tilt adjustments
- Advanced OSD controls and QuickFit provides easy monitor control and commonly-used layout formats directly on screen for more accurate sizing without printing
- 3 year system warranty, 3 year panel warranty, 1 year Zero Bright Dot guarantee, ASUS Rapid Replacement
- Panel Type: PLS panel
- Panel Size: 27-inch Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio)
- True Resolution: 2560x1440
- Color Saturation: 100% (sRGB)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
- Brightness(Max): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 80,000,000:1
- Display Color: 16.7 million
- Viewing Angle (CR>=10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 5ms (Gray-to-Gray)
- Video Features:
- Splendid Video Preset Modes (5 modes)
- Color Temperature (4 modes)
- HDCP Support
- Support Gamma 2.2 & 1.8
- QuickFit (4 modes)
- Splendid Video Preset Modes (5 modes)
- Convenient Hotkey:
- Splendid Video Preset Mode Selection
- Auto Adjustment
- Brightness Adjustment
- Input Selection
- Splendid Video Preset Mode Selection
- Signal Input: HDMI 1.4/ DisplayPort 1.2, Dual-link DVI, and D-Sub
- PC Audio Input: 5 mm Mini-jack
- AV Audio Input: HDMI 1.4
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 mm mini-jack
- Analog Signal Frequency: 24 ~ 89kHz(H)/ 50 ~ 75 Hz(V)
- Digital Signal Frequency: 24 ~ 89KHz(H)/ 50 ~ 75 Hz(V)
- Power Consumption: Normal < 60 W ; Power Saving Mode ≤ 0.5 W; Power off mode: 0.5 W (hard switch)
- Chassis Colors: Black
- Tilt: -5-degress ~ + 20-degrees
- Swivel: +60-degrees ~ -60-degrees
- Pivot: 90-degrees (clockwise)
- Height Adjustment: 0 ~ 120mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100mm x 100mm
- Security: Kensington Lock
- Phys. Dimension (W x H x D): 25.3x21.7x8.6–inches
- Weight (estimated): 19.4 lbs
- Regulation Approval: Energy Star, TCO 5.2, UL/cUL, CB, CE, FCC, CCC, ISO9241-307, BSMI, Gost-R, C-Tick, VCCI, PSE, J-MOSS, RoHS, Windows 7 WHQL
What's in the Box
- ASUS PB278Q PLS LED WQHD Monitor
- Dual-link DVI Cable
- VGA Cable
- HDMI Cable
- Audio Cable
- DisplayPort Cable
- Power Cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
* 2560x1440 WQHD resolution supported with select graphics cards only. Check graphic card information for support details.
Top Customer Reviews
Thank your for your time in posting a review about our products. On behalf of ASUS, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with the second monitor. Let me assist you on this matter. Was there any physical damage when you receive the monitor or was the cables were properly connected? Can we also have a photo of the unit having a black-light bleeding? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and place case #N150519880 in the subject line for a reference.
Thank you for choosing ASUS!
ASUS Customer Loyalty
Originally there were to be two variants of this monitor. One for Content Professionals (the PA - ProArt Series) that would come factory calibrated and have some additional "Quick Fit" settings. The other (the VA Series) that would virtually be the same thing but without factory calibration and the added Quick Fit settings. Eventually Asus decided to just Market the Monitor as the PB278Q with the QuickFit settings, but without the added factory calibration. The matte finish is great, not overbearing like the finish you'll find with other displays on the market. My past WQHD monitors were all Glossy which can be very nice, but the glossy finish allowed for a lot of reflections on screen which contributed to greater eye strain. Depending on your viewing environment you'll notice considerably less eye strain after prolonged sessions with this monitor if you're accustomed to a glossy panel.Read more ›
- Very clear, crisp, detailed, sharp, vivid picture
- I've tried low rez 120hz, I've tried triple screen, I'm back to this 2560x1440 at .233 dot pitch. This is the best to me. For gaming, for reading text, it's all awesome.
- After having tried 120hz and even triple screens at low 1080 rez (1920x1080 and 5760x1080), switching back to high rez, BF3 is amazingly clear and detailed again. Not just the high rez, but the .233mm dot pitch is stunningly sharp to game on. I'm convinced high rez is the best way to go. Not 120hz, not triple screen.
- The matte coating isn't aggressive or harsh
- Stand does all the motions you'd want and is easy to put together
- Mine appears to be fine, no dead pixels, no backlight issues, no smudges behind the coating, so the panel itself is great, however the BACK portion of the plastic bezel that surrounds the screen appears to have nicks ands scratches on it. Very minor quality control thing but it affects me none, affects the experience none. Not too worried about it.
UPDATE: 03/23/2013. Oh ;) I just found out about this was, the Con that I was talking about. It wasn't a bunch of scratches on the back part of the bezel. It was actually a thin film of plastic that's supposed to be pealed off when I unboxed it. My mistake.Read more ›
Display: Stunning graphics, excellent color reproduction out of the box, no defective pixel, fast response time for gaming compared to similar monitors in this price range. As always, if you have a professional tool to calibrate the display, it will be even better. However, this display has excellent color reproduction/accuracy out of the box that you don't really have to have a calibrator to enjoy it. For those who don't have a calibrator, I recommend you to adjust the brightness down a little bit since it came with 100% brightness out of the box. The antiglare coating on this display is very light (hence they call this monitor semi glossy) and thus when compared to the heavy coated anti glare monitor like the old Dell U2711/3011 series, it looks much better. Also when compared to the full glossy panel such as Apple Thunderbolt, this monitor has no glares at all, which is extremely good for people who hate glares, especially when you are a professional graphics designer and you sit in front of the monitor all day long.
PLS Glow vs Backlight Bleeding: Beware that this display is a PLS display (which is the Samsung equivalent of IPS from LG) and thus do not confuse PLS glow with back light bleeding. These 2 are completely different. This monitor has no backlight bleeding though this may be different depending where you order the monitor since shipping damage can also affect the amount of back light bleeding as well. How to distinguish PLS glow vs back light bleeding? IF you see a slightly brighter area on a supposedly black screen, and when you move around (ie you move left or right while looking at the same area on the monitor) and the bright area starts to disappear, then that is known as PLS glow.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Mine has noticeable bleeding when the screen is pitch black in all corners except the bottom left. The bleeding increases in severity going clockwise. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Ozy
Fiddled with calibration for over a week, but couldn't stop it from making my eyes hurt.
On a side note, return shipping is $25. Read more
The monitor looks alright, but every single time I wake the PC, the monitor states that there's no signal. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mike D
This monitor does NOT work with iMac (I am not sure if it works with any other Mac system).
The manufacturer should have made it clear on their product description.
I'm very pleased with this monitor. I purchased this monitor to be a balanced performer in terms of color production for my photography as well as the occasional FPS game. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Scott B. Husted
I have been using this monitor for about a month now, and I absolutely love it! I would recommend this monitor for gaming, movies, or if you just want a very large QHD screen that... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Eric
Fantastic monitor. Great color. Comes with any cable you would need, including a dual-link DVI cable. Tilts, swivels, rotates, elevates. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.