Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 1, 2012
This is a very sturdy quality product for the price, I highly recommend. You can add stability by adding some sandbags or cheap wrist/ankle weight straps from the exercise store. I was expecting cheap quality due to price but was pleasantly surprised.

(Update) Well it has been a while but the locks stopped working on the top sections of the stands and I need to use gaffer tape to keep them up. I recommend something a little better made.
on January 24, 2009
I purchased this background stand as an addition to my equipment. I already had on background stand and was looking to add another one so I could shoot using 2 different backgrounds. I must say This is a excellent background support stand. Very durable and is spring loaded. A solid choice for the money!
on February 23, 2015
great price for a heavy set of background stands.
Update. I've used it on three jobs and it's falling apart. The locks don't hold and with the weight of a large roll it's useless. Also, the crossbar bends and the carrying backs lasted like 5 minutes.
on January 14, 2015
I searched several products before I landed on this one. My concern from other reviews was how sturdy the stands would be and especially the crossbar. Mine arrived today and I must say I am more than satisfied. The crossbar looks and feels like it would hold me up, but I'm not going to try that. The stands were very sturdy and operate very easily.

Needless to say, I am very satisfied and would recommend this to anyone looking for a backdrop support stand system!
on March 2, 2012
Since this is my first background stand, I do not have much to compare it to, but I received my purchase yesterday and wasted no time in getting it out of the box and placing a muslin backdrop on it right in my living room.
Each stand comes in it's own bag (as pictured in the stock photo). The crossbar does not have it's own bag but there is plenty of room to split it into two and put one in each bag for travel.
I was very surprised at how lightweight the stands are, and then even more how sturdy they were once I got them set up. My 2 year old son was playing around them, driving his cars up one of them and they barely budged. The stand even held up with my son decided to lean against the backdrop.
Assembly was simple. I did have to push one of the crossbar end pieces back into place, but that was minimal effort.
The poles and crossbar are spring loaded and that makes adjustments really easy for even one person.
I will be looking into other PBL products based on my purchase.
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2009
In a time of made in china garbage being put out onto the market, this was a welcome surprise when I unboxed this support system. The cheap pressed Chinese rivets weren't on this system. It actually makes use of nuts and bolts!

I used this support system with a 10x20 diamond cloth with no weights on the support stands, and didn't have any problems with adequate support. Never once was I worried about the unit tipping over onto the subject.

Now for the made in China parts included. Yes. There were some. The bag to carry the system in does have a made in China label on it. The bag works just fine for transporting the system. If I needed to move it around more I might look for a better method. For the most part, the bag is just used for storing the supports and keeping everything together in my studio.
on September 19, 2012
Simply put; this support stand just makes you feel good using it, as along as it holds up. 3 uses and it's done! No, I haven't contacted the supplier to find out about repair or replacement, so I won't speak on that. But the locking spring just stopped securing the extension once locked. So, the clamp locks, but doesn't hold the pole in place. This really hurts my feelings bad, considering there was no warning; just didn't work while I was on a location setting up (not cool). Hopefully it will be an easy fix, or will be replaced. Otherwise, I just would not recommend this support system. Can't give anything over 3 stars that breaks, I don't care how great it seems.

**Update**
Contacted the supplier, and they asked for me to send it back. This is a hassle considering what I'm dealing with; awkward shipping dimensions (try to find a box for this). Felt very rushed dealing with customer service...I won't bad mouth them cause they said they would remedy the occurrence. But, the good news for me is after I examined the stand closely, I was able to fix it myself. The clamps have hex nuts, it doesn't look like at first glimpse. After looking at how the others were adjusted I was able to re-tighten the clamps properly, and now all is well. So, I would probably say, that this could happen again or with the other clamps at some point, so I'll just keep my socket handy just in case. It's a good system, but durability is still in question.
on September 22, 2009
This kit exceeds it's price value. Although it's not sturdy enough for heavy muslins or vinyl backgrounds, paper rolls and thin cloth are ok. Comes with everything you need (minus the backdrop) all stored in a carry case. Best 12 ft. backdrop kit I've seen under $100! My only complaint is that I wish the crossbar segments would lock in place more secure.
on May 18, 2016
Nice overall, but needs a few tweaks. One of the support poles doesn't stay up very well when there is any weight on it. The friction lock isn't quite tight enough. It might be an adjustment I can make, but I haven't looked into it yet. It should already be tight enough when it comes from the factory. Also, the screw joint between the two telescoping halves of the crossbar is easy to bend when the bar is fully extended. It needs a better reinforcement system (and, no, I wasn't trying to do chin ups on it, nor trying the recreate that iconic "Hang in there!" photo with the cat). One of the two sides of that joint just needs to have a simple sleeve on it that can be slid over the joint to prevent it from deflecting enough to bend the internal bolt that holds them together. Another option would be to just have one pole slip into a reinforced and recessed socket on the other pole, then screw them together. I'm hoping a piece of schedule 80 PVC pipe about 6"-8" long will fit snugly enough to protect that joint.

Regardless, I'm sure I can make a simple fix for the shortcomings and the rest of the positives (easily adjustable, nice storage bags, compact size when collapsed, flexible height and width settings, reasonable price) outweigh the negatives.
on April 30, 2013
Fast delivery. The product arrived in it's original box only. There was obvious wear on the box where the product inside fits snuggly against the box. There was also a hole in the lower portion of the box. When you open the box the two stands are in seperate bags (as pictured) and the two poles are together in plastic. I could see several small holes in both bags where they rubbed against the box. The biggest hole is really a cut about 1/2 long. I was disappointed but then I didn't buy the product for the bags. Taking the stands out of the bags I was surprised to find them undamaged. So, I had to put it together. It was easy to assemble and disassemble by myself. I've done it twice. (Hint: if you can't unsnap the bars, use the end of a pen to push the snap in while you pull the bars apart - this is easier to do with 2 people.) The cross bar is nice but it's not perfectly streight and will sag just a bit more in the middle the farther out you go. It's not bad, but you should know what to expect. Please note, you have to use both poles at all times as the center "snap" will not fit onto the stands. So, your smallest width is about 6 1/2 feet. To pack this up I would prefer one bag that would hold both stands and both poles. Also, the bags are made just for the stands. However, if you fiddle with it a bit and are careful, you can get one stand and one pole in each bag. To sum it up, there are things I love, like, and don't like. Overall, I really like it. I would say it is worth the price.