Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 questions
votes
Yea, we use a 30 by 60 box on ours, but we have a good friend that uses the same stands with the larger octaboxes in his studio and they work great.
Apr 5, 2014 by Rob at Rogue Heart
votes
Sorry, I don't know, I got them for a different purpose than setting up those kind of lights.
20 days ago by bea
votes
Yes. But I've also been informed that these are not legit PBL Lighting stands. I've had no problems with them though and have used them with Einsteins and AlienBees
Jan 15, 2015 by Jeff Cohn
votes
First, loosen the knob that's at the top of the legs (counter-clockwise turn). Next, reach to the bottom of the stand, wrap your fingers around one leg, push it out slightly so that it protrudes between the two flat bars, repeat for each leg. Then go back to the top of the legs, where the knob is located, and press the triple hinged area downward towards the floor. The legs should begin to expand outward. If you still have trouble, reach back down and pull each leg out a bit more as instructed earlier, then go back to the knob area and continue pressing down. Press downward until the legs have expanded and the flat bars are perpendicular to the ground. Then turn the knob, clockwise, at the top of the legs to lock them in place.
Dec 5, 2014 by Mike Lubchenko
votes
Yes I use umbrella brackets with my speedlights.
Aug 26, 2014 by James A. Lewis
votes
This is only a light stand set. Not a backdrop support. Excellent quality!
Jun 27, 2014 by StephenW
votes
I could not say for sure, I just use them with speedlights. thought If i did have bigger lights I would not hesitate to use them. they are pretty rock solid
Jan 24, 2014 by Mike Kiesz
votes
I have the same need and contacted PBL. Look at this model: http://www.skaeser.com/servlet/the-592/PBL-Boom-Stand-/Detail
Apr 13, 2014 by Bill neill
votes
NOPE ... that's what has broken 2 of mine ... the weak point is the joints ... they're pot metal ...
Sep 9, 2013 by James B Gatsby
votes
If you extend the legs all the way and lower both bars you can get it down to 4.5 ft
Jan 13, 2014 by Rob at Rogue Heart
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers