Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 4:04:27 AM PST
Minnesotian says:
Regions in US appear to have an odd speckling of releases of this PC version which for some reason on Amazon is set for 4-6 weeks. Local Gamestops/Targets/Walmarts have reported finally receiving Wii versions finally. However Target was the only one at all to receive PC version and only 5 copies. Can anyone link an actual response to whats going on with the PC as I can see only official responses to Xbox360 and retailers just say they dont have anything on their computers on when to expect it let alone 4-6 weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:14:54 AM PST
Glen Brogan says:
Yeah, I have been searching like crazy for this since the supposed release date of two days ago and I can't find it anywhere. I've looked at Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, and several places online. There was an error with the Xbox360 version where some of the game discs were labeled incorrectly, and I've read that there was a recall because of that, with at least one person saying that Gamestop refused to sell them a 360 version. I've also read some speculation that the recall caused the PC version to be pushed back until Friday, but at this point I'm having a hard time trusting that I will actually find a copy that soon.

I was unable to find it at Target, but my local Target doesn't seem to sell any PC games. But it's somewhat encouraging to hear that at least some Target stores actually received copies, as I was starting to feel like it didn't exist. I agree with you, if there is going to be a delay they need to release some sort of official statement.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:17:30 AM PST
Mylat says:
I searched everywhere for the PC version too with no dice, I looked on the Lego website off of a hunch that it might be available there and it said "coming soon November 27". As of why they delayed the release date I have no idea. It's nice though to know that it won't be three to four weeks.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:39:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:41:14 PM PST
Minnesotian says:
I find it interesting that no gaming site has brought up the PC issue and why Amazon is staying to tight lipped on it. I had cancelled my preorder thinking it was Amazon only until my storefront shopping proved my worst fears (that is was everywhere). Oh well. Not very good form on the side of Lego or Amazon to just say "Hey the game comes out in 4-6 weeks.......remember, we told you that *wink*" At least that was my response from Amazon, that I had ordered it under the 4-6 week deadline...like I cant understand what release day shipping means when Ive bought 5+ new titles on here....

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:49:01 PM PST
C. R. Shrank says:
Hopefully they are using the extra time to kill bugs. Wanted to get Harry Potter 5-7 for my son, but after hearing about the bug, I'm waiting for a compelation disk first.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:54:07 AM PST
Margaret says:
The Lego Website says 11/27, but I won't believe any date until I actually see it. Very disappointed with the communications around this.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:58:45 PM PST
Brent Lovato says:
I have become accustomed to playing with a rumble game pad, is this pc version game pad friendly? I have asked Lego with no response.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 2:47:32 PM PST
Yes, it is (at least in the demo; I ordered the full version from Amazon but have yet to receive it). I used an Xbox 360 controller with my Windows 7 PC.

Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Black

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:35:06 PM PST
I ended up getting mine from a local Fry's; it was in stock in local stores (though online it was not). I couldn't find it in any other online or physical retailer.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:39:21 PM PST
Dain says:
I contacted Warner Brothers directly - they are the parent company that formally released the game. The phone number is 410-568-3680. Call the number, voice your complaint directly. They told me there was formally NO release date, because they couldn't confirm and didn't want to say it will come out on a day, and then be wrong. I urge you to call that number an complain. It's the only way they'll get the message.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 9:37:32 AM PST
Carl says:
most stores will not carry the retail box for pc. I know gamestop wont unless its a preorder. you best bet is to buy it from Steam or Amazon (which would probably be a steam code)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
LEGO Lord of the Rings - PC
LEGO Lord of the Rings - PC by Warner Home Video - Games (Windows Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (178)