From the Back Cover
PC Magazine has the answers
From choosing the edition that's right for you to customizing Vista to make it your own, this book offers everything you expect from PC Magazine. You'll find advice from an expert who was involved in beta testing every edition and update. Discover the differences in various editions and learn to set up Vista to work your way. Get acquainted with new features like Internet Explorer® 7 and the expanded media applications, including Media Player version 11 and Windows® Photo Gallery. And love your Vista.
Your one-stop guide from installation to customization
- Understand what each edition of Vista does and be sure you have the right one for your needs
- Get the setup right the first time
- Use the Control Panel to customize Vista
- Set up user accounts, programs, networking, and security features
- Learn to use new Internet features and expanded media applications
- Explore Vista for laptops and Tablet PCs
- See how the enhanced Start menu makes it easier to find and run anything
- Discover the new look — it's more than just eye candy
Is Windows Vista a big deal?
Or is it just another upgrade? Let's see.
- Security enhancements — Windows listened to users
- Improved search functions — new places, new options
- Simplified, expanded document listing — see and sort files differently
- More options for media files — for playing music, videos, and DVDs
- New, improved applications — stay in touch, edit photos, and play new games