Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PC Magazine
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 25, 2009
I saw this magazine being offered via subscription for the Kindle and thought "meh" .... but tried the 14-day trial anyway. I was surprised to find that the content was actually very well formatted for the Kindle. A lot of blogs aren't including (arguably important) photos in their Kindle subscriptions (I'm looking at you, The Onion), so I figured this would be more of the same.
This is not the case, however, and they have included quite a few photos. Pics are included with reviews as well as with feature articles. Granted, they are limited by the Kindle's limited palette, but it is certainly better than no pictures at all.
I haven't ever subscribed to the print version of PC Mag, but I've picked them up from time to time if they have an interesting cover. I'll be keeping this Kindle subscription, though, and I'm looking forward to future issues. Magazines like this will help make my Kindle more and more useful in my everyday life.
As for the price, I think it is very reasonable. Sure, they are just re-purposing the content they already produced for the print version, but we aren't getting all the advertisements. Would you pay $1.50 more for a magazine if it was completely ad-free? I think I would.
If you are a fan of PC Mag (or other tech magazines), I recommend trying the 14-day free trial. You can't beat free.

UPDATE 05-16-2011: This publication is still not available in the Android Kindle app (which I would really like on my Galaxy Tab)...however, it *IS* available on the nook Android app. What's up with that? Including photos and properly-formatting your content on the Kindle may have made this worthy of a 5-star review back when I wrote this, but now you are falling behind on the Kindle platform.
I'd prefer to have all my content in the Kindle universe, but I think I'll be switching my subscription over to the nook app and dropping this Kindle subscription if you don't start offering the content via Android in the next month.

UPDATE 06-17-2011: And they did it... Checked my Kindle app the other day and there it was, PC Magazine. I also really like the formatting in the Android app. I'm keeping the review at 5 stars.
11 comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2009
I have not read PC magazine for some time and saw it available on the Kindle and tried it. I find it well organized and the articles informative, just as with the paper version. The pictures come out pretty clear, too, on my DX.
on November 20, 2011
PC Magazine is my go-to source for the latest information on electronic products, particularly computers and laptops, e-readers, cameras, printers, and other media. I completely understand their decision to leave the print format for an online edition. I expect most magazines to go this route in the next few years, and I look forward to reading them on the latest readers and touchpads that I learn about in PC Magazine.
on October 1, 2012
I have been reading PC Magazine for many years. This has been the like a bible of information when I am fixing, upgrading or just messing around with my family's computers. The download that are available are amazing and useful and their reviews of software and hardware are always spot on. I will continue to subscribe to this magazine.
on November 20, 2011
PC Magazine looks great on the Kindle Fire. There are no formatting issues, 100 pages of content, very little advertising, and great product reviews and features. The photography looks great on the Fire.
on November 21, 2011
Digital edition consolidates all the top stories and packages it into one monthly edition. It's great to receive and have at the ready when you need some magazines handy while waiting at the airport or having a moment to read. Images are big and crisp on the Amazon Fire. I only wish they would publish bi-monthly to capture all the products being released. So reasonably priced and download size that it's an easy add.
on November 22, 2011
I like this app. The overall design is simple and the product images are nice and big. I like that the product reviews are well-researched and get to the point (too much wordiness drives me crazy). The solutions stories have been great; I've gotten some really good tips and pointers. I miss having my print version to read so I'm glad for this app.
on September 23, 2012
It's been quite a few years since I read PC Magazine, and I'm very pleased to see that the magazine still delivers top notch content. Having a Kindle version with text and page view makes the reading even more pleasurable. I highly recommend the magazine to anyone interested in keeping up with the latest products for the PC and mobile world.
on July 16, 2009
Simple and to the point. The layout fits the kindle and it even has photos. I feel its better than reading the actual print magazine. I was really excited to see this magazine offered for kindle and now I am profoundly happy I purchased the subscription.
on April 30, 2012
I have been a subscriber for 3 years and have never been disappointed in this magazine. The tech section has been helpfull many times: