5.0 out of 5 stars you will like it so buy it
A couple weeks ago I was having major driver problems do to an iTune update. Which I was not alone. I tried everything I new along with my computer geek and solved some of the issues at a non refundable expense.

That evening I saw the ad by pcmatic on TV and decided to give it a try. So the next morning we downloaded and in less than an hour I was up and...
Published 4 months ago by jim m.

Published on September 13, 2011 by IT_Architect

2.0 out of 5 stars False Positives, incorrect driver information, incorrect system information..., September 13, 2011
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
I own an IT company, and we are frequently evaluating products for our own use and our customers. The concept of one tool that keeps software and drivers up to date, cleans the registry, and protects the computer is good. My biggest problem with it, is it shows false positives, and I have found many other posts on the internet that confirm my experience. That can only mean one of two things, neither of which are good, and has only one result. Curiosity got the best of me as to which, so I dug a little deeper. It doesn't appear to be intentional, but the result is I cannot trust it. Judging by the virus name, it appears they are using the same detection mechanism as Lavasoft's Ad-Aware program, which generates the same false positives from its not-so-good heuristics. Since it won't tell you the files unless you buy, I ran Lavasoft's Ad-Aware to see which files before I call it a false positive. It thinks encrypt.exe from DesignCAD is Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT and mgtools.exe, a Major Geeks anti-malware tool, is Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent. I didn't let it scan any more to tell me a fairy tale about the root kit, and fished the two files out of quarantine. It also states it finds out-of-date drivers. I decided not to be too hard on it, and picked an easy one, the audio driver. It said it was up to date. It wasn't There have been several revisions since. OK, I'll do a tough one then, the video. It was closer, but not up to date. If they are using Microsoft's driver version, that would not be a safe bet. Computer manufacturers may use a certain manufacturer's chip sets, but often design added features into their own card, thereby requiring a different driver. Example: Your video might have an nVidia chip, but if you install the driver from nVidia, you may very well encounter problems. This is doubly-true of laptops. The hardware manufactures even state not to use their driver unless you have a retail card. Microsoft Update never updates hardware drivers automatically because of this. My hope was that it would check the computer manufacturer's site. Unless it does, the feature is worse than nothing because it can mess up your machine, and Microsoft will have the same drivers on their update site. It's software analysis is good. Having that up to date can save your .... It's registry analysis is accurate, for what it finds, however, if you use one of the free registry cleaners ahead of it, it does not come up with significant issues. It thinks my system has a Intel Core2, but it has an Intel Core2 Duo, not the same at all. These discoveries do not not instill confidence. As one poster mentioned, this is not a fast process as shows on TV. The sun would be rising after the girl's night out before the scan finishes.

It does so many things that I'm trying to make a case for it. The problem is, there are just too many key areas that I can't trust that I can't recommend it. These experiences have left me without the motivation to invest more time in the other aspects of the product. Sigh!

1.0 out of 5 stars A junk program, August 26, 2012
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
This program gave me a false positive on a serious virus; the rest of the things that came up I address elsewhere, like driver updates or defraging. The worst part is that after I decided I didn't want it it kept giving me a very annoying pop-up window to the point that eventually it froze my computer. I uninstalled it (PCpitstop/PCmatic) and ran CC cleaner which found one dangler file; but, then I ran Eusing Registry cleaner and it found 578 files. I had just cleaned it two days before. I do not recommend it, needless to say.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for this, April 28, 2011
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
Look for reviews of this on Google. You will find lots of them. All sponsored by this company. That should tell you something. The claims are wildly exaggerated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Win-7 Problems, October 1, 2011
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
Beware that this software looks flexible. It is not. Examples: It often chokes on Win-7; I have a terabyte HD, but it still says my drive needs defragmenting; I want to keep 6-weeks of Restore Points, it won't let me (regardless of settings) and Windows being Windows these come in real handy compared to a complete reload; Their Support on these points were incompetent and they finally resorted to the old Primrose Path method (e.g., what are your PCs nitty-gritty details, is your IQ above 40, do you regularly run Windows Update, can you still sit upright and make water; empirical data says it has been the cause of two system crashes (therefore, need for Restore Points)....

I also have Win-XP PCs wherein it runs OK (no crashes so far), but lately it has been telling me to upgrade to WIN-7. Those in the know realize upgrades often cause great old software to become obsolete, not to mention hardware. Yes, Win-7 has a Win-XP capability (I wonder why), but it will not let me load many applications.

Programmer since '67.

1.0 out of 5 stars PCMatic deletes the money in your wallet., November 13, 2013
Jody Nobles (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
PCMatic is a scam -- pure and simple. The software is designed to look like it's doing something, with flashy status bars, and a colorful "report" of all the bugs that need fixing. The commercial appeals to people's fears that their computers are infected with viruses. In reality, PCMatic is designed only to delete the money in your wallet.

1.0 out of 5 stars PC Matic Sucker, May 10, 2013
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
The moment I downloaded the "Free Trial" of PC Matic, my main business, payroll computer started to slow down. Every day they would send me a pop-up explaining their great offer, then the computer would slow down even more. When I contacted them regarding their "Free 1 Year Offer" pop-up that I was viewing on my screen, they told me that they didn't have a free 1 year offer. I removed all the PC Matic software that I could find, but now I need to buy a legit clean-up program to remove all the viruses PC Matic downloaded on to my computer. I'm usually more business savvy then this. Don't get sucked in. This is a total scam. Even my top of the line virus detection system can't fix the issues PC Matic downloaded to my system. To make matters worse, when I moved a zip drive from the computer having issues to my brand new lap top, it also started slowing down.

Signed PC-Matic Sucker

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously?, January 15, 2013
XBBX07 (This Planet) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
The commercial for this software is unbelievable... none of those problems can be solved that instantly. Don't fall for this scam.

1.0 out of 5 stars PCMATIC SCAM, March 3, 2013
Pam Wagner (BUENA VISTA, VIRGINIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
AFTER FRUSTRATING TIMES WITH COMPUTER CRASHED I DECIDED TO TRY PCMATIC. AFTER SIGNING UP AND SPENDING THE $40.00 TO FIX? MY COMPUTER IT STILL WAS NOT WORKING RIGHT. I RAN ANOTHER SCAN AND IT SAID I HAD ALL THESE MAJOR PROBLEMS SO I CALLED THE TECH SUPPORT. AGAIN.....COULD NOT UNDERSTAND MUCH OF WHAT HE WAS SAYING EXCEPT THAT WHAT I BOUGHT WOULDN'T FIX THE PROBLEMS I HAD AND I HAD 286 MALWARE...ETC. ETC. MY SECURITY SYSTEM SAID I HAD 0. OF COURSE HE WANTED $345.00 TO FIX THEM AND I REALIZED RIGHT THEN IT WAS A SCAM. THESE JERKS NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. IT A GIANT RIP OFF

1.0 out of 5 stars Pc matic, July 1, 2013
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
This program not only would no download to my pc, but they boosted my bill, from what I approved. Then either the company, or an unscrupulous employee ordered something on my card # and just yesterday tried to use that # again, but it's been cancelled for 3 weeks! These are crooks!
Because of these people, I had to cancell my credit/debit card, and have had many problems since.
I haven't even mentioned yet the $150.00, on a $35.00 purchases they ripped me off for before I got my card shut down!
Ray

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, November 1, 2011
This review is from: PC Matic (CD-ROM)
DO NOT TRUST They lie just bought this computer out of the box and downloaded Pc Matic it said I already had 15 problems that need to be fixed!! just so I would buy the program WHAT A SCAM!

PC Matic
PC Matic by PC Pitstop (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock