Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

on March 17, 2009
Since 1991 I have invested over $500 in PC Study Bible software, including upgrades.
In the fall of 08 I ordered Preaching and Teaching from the Old Testament, as advertised in Biblesoft News, Vol 11, No 6. It included Version 5 Program-ONLY UPGRADE. To say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED is a gross understatement. The way Word Study was implemented in the old DOS version was what made Bible Soft a great program. Unfortunately through one of the upgrades I have lost this feature. To their credit, they do honor their unconditional money back guarantee. (The last upgrade only)

PC Study Bible has some neat features (maps, pictures etc.) that are nice to have but that I rarely use. Overall, comparatively, it is very expensive, very slow and very cumbersome. For serious study I now use Power Bible CD 5.4 (on both my computers, one is a new laptop) and PC Study Bible, DOS Version 3.1 Word Study Series (1993 edition) on my Windows 98 desktop machine. By the way, Study Bible 3.1 runs very quickly in a DOS window on my Windows 98 desktop.

Power Bible CD is greased lightening compared to PC Study Bible. As a comparison, PCSB takes 2 minutes, 17 seconds just to launch the application. Power Bible CD launches in 11 seconds. This is on the same computer. I would say that is a fair comparison on how fast they do just about anything, even something as simple as closing a window. For $19.00 you can buy one licensed copy of Power Bible CD and get one free, one of which you are encouraged to give to a friend ([...] Features are comparable to BibleSoft except for (Vines) Greek Hebrew Word Study, pictures and maps. It does include Strongs dictionary, along with numerous other dictionaries, commentaries and many versions of the Bible. Check out the website.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 12, 2007
This product is easy to use. It can be used for cut and paste, and it has extra features like the writings of Luther, Josephus and others. This product has the strong's numbers and the original manuscripts of the Old and New testaments. Highly Recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again