5.0 out of 5 stars Best preschool software deal!
Published on April 24, 2011 by A. Omer

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Software - Still Good
This is not a great set of games from a multimedia standpoint, but like plain brown boxes my grandson could care less and enjoys playing with them. The educational value is solid. My grandson is 4 and there are many games that are very simple for him to complete, but there are others that frustrate him (in a good way) at this point of his development...
Published 21 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Best preschool software deal!, April 24, 2011
A. Omer "goodkarmanc" (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
As one of the other reviewers said, there is so much to this software that's not in the listing. I purchased this for my 3 yr. 2 mo. old. I thought it would be a good time to expose her to the computer while she learns. She loves it! In two 15-20 min. sessions, she is already getting the hang of the mouse. We have tried math patterns (red, green, red, green, ____, etc.) for months at home and she didn't want to have any part of it. When the chicken in Thinkin' Things did it, it was the coolest thing ever. She loves the sounds and the fact that the animals all talk to her.

What isn't is the listing is the number of titles on this one disk.
1. Bailey's Book House (7 games to explore sounds, letters, words, and stories)
2. Trudy's Time and Place House (understanding maps, directions, time, and place)
3. Sammy's Science House (patterns, sorting, weather, seasons, and habitats)
4. Thinkin' Things Toony the Loon's Lagoon (6 games to explore memory, logic, musical memory, spatial thinking)
5. Millie's Math House (7 activities to explore numbers, shapes, size, quantity, patterns, addition, and subtraction)

This has been remastered for Windows 7, so it works great for us. This should keep us busy from 3-6 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Learning Games!, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
These are GREAT learning games. There should be more detail available on this page about what you're buying and took a bit of a gamble but I was lucky. You get a lot for the price, 5 seperate learning games, reading, science, math, thinking skills, and time and place with each one having 5-7 different learning games. Very 3-6 age appropriate. My son who is 4 loves it and I use it as a reward for completing his school work with a good attitude or a fun break. Very cute characters and great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Intro to Computer Learning, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
Bought this for my just turned 4yr old granddaugther. She has been into books and Disney movies but not computers. Thought it was time to introducer her to video games (but not the action type my young grandsons love). She has taken to this series like a fish to water. Loves being able to play the games herself....and also show us how well she can do. We like the games because they have a lot of variety done in a fun way. There is art, music, geography, ABCs, logic, colors etc.

Lots of choices with these 5 games and there are subgames at various levels so I can see where
3 to 6 yrs old can still find fun challenges. Look forward to other games by this game maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest, Best Pre-K Product I've Tried, August 30, 2011
Joseph Baker (Chesterfield, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
Installs easily, starts easily. Once installed, the disc is no longer required. No registration is required. Typing skills not required. My five year old can use this completely unassisted. No keyboarding is required, just basic mouse skills. You do not realize how great this product is until you try others that require registration, keyboard entries, and disc installation for each use...all of which create the need for somebody to assist the child. These programs can be learned by and explored by the child with minimal or no adult involvement. Further, the programs are easy to follow and they are engaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of games, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
My 3 year old loves these games - especially the "Bailey's Book House". The other games are designed for a slightly older child, but I imagine by the time he is 4 they will be just right.
The really great thing about these games is that there are so many of them. Each of the 5 games includes has several sub games. And the sub games themselves are designed for different skill-levels. For example, one game identifies letters and gives you a word that starts with that letter, which is perfect for a child learning the alphabet. Another game has the child attempt to combine parts of words to form compound words - which is obviously a more advanced skill. I really like that as my son learns and grows, different parts of the game will become more interesting to him. It is designed for years of on-going, changing play rather than days or weeks of the same thing, like some games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
I purchased these as Christmas presents for my twin 3 1/2 year old girls. I have an older son that did JumpStart, so I have something to compare this to.

My girls have become computer geeks because of Teacher's Pet. They are technology inclined children - one twin was playing on my iPhone at 18 months old and they got Leapsters for their 3rd birthday. Again, I have things to compare this to.

Out of all items they have, this is the most educational of all products. Yes, there are iPhone apps, Leapster and LeapPad games, etc. But this has 5 different modules with simple, basic graphics (little kids don't need extra special graphics!). But they are being taught basic math, spacial recognition, time, music, etc.

Some children may find this boring (looking at previous reviews) but the basic thing here is that the software is easy to use for first-time computer users, is highly educational, incorporates music into the games, and gets the kids involved. For the price of the software, it is worth every penny to give it a try.

I would highly recommend this for any parent interested in introducing their children to a computer for the first time! Simply because it is EASY to use, access, navigate. And it truly is highly educational!

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Software - Still Good, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)

Remember that these programs are tools and not babysitters. Without you actively playing with your child there is little value to be had. All children must learn to enjoy the struggle of learning, being happy to reach a goal, and then to want to go for another goal yet untrained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer Teacher, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
I have used all of these titles for years as a preschool computer teacher. This is an AWESOME deal - All software titles are GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...Just what we were looking for., November 17, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
It's rare to pay for something this cheap and get something so much more than anticipated. Though I still can't get "Thinkin' Things Toony The Loon's Lagoon" still to work correctly on Windows 7 64bit, this collection surpassed all expectations for our 3 year old.

The other four modules as listed provide our child with a wide range of learning abilities in addition to learning how to gather the eye/hand coordination for a mouse.

Bailey's Book House, Millie's Math House, Sammy's Science House, Trudy's Time and Place House offer hours of learning based fun at all levels. Each module has several games within and within each game, two to three levels so the child can grow with it. I anticipate getting at least 2 more years from it.

If you are debating whether or not the price reflects quality - think no more and grab it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tools for a great price!, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten (DVD-ROM)
My four-year old is a gamer and loves these games! Easy to install and very user friendly. Worth the small investment, I would advocate this to any parent.

ARRAY(0xa70d31b0)

Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten
Teacher's Pet Pre Kindergarten by PC Treasures (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$20.20
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.