Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder
Used & New from: $54.95
PC only? Will I be able to download files to a Mac? If not, any ideas of similar recorder that can?
Andrea
asked by Andrea on May 26, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
I use a mac with OX 10.4 and I was able to transfer files to my computer. There is DSS software free online or with the CD that comes with this machine. The files also play on iTunes if you use the DSS software to convert the files into aiff files. You might want to use the DSS software for transcription because you can change the playback speed with that.
Oparu answered on March 29, 2008

A
vote
Any Olympus uses WMA file works for Mac. But you have to download Flip4Mac QuickTime plug-in (free) first. The rest is drag, drop, double click and play. Flip4Mac allows you to play WMA file without converting.
Chiravouth Norodom answered on June 26, 2008

A
votes
I am using linux and it works fine. It should recognize it like any usb flash media. I haven't hooked it up to a Mac yet. The only problem I can imagine a Mac having would be having to convert the files from WMA format.
Amazon Customer answered on January 12, 2008

A
votes
Do you know what I would use to export files in .wav format? I have a pc with the basic stuff. I would ultimately be using Audacity sound editing software. I've always used .wav files with it. I'm not to experienced with the tech side of things.
Andrea
Andrea answered on January 12, 2008

A
votes
I use MediaMonkey to convert WMA files to WAV format. Then I edit them in Audacity. I think there are also several other WMA to WAV converters listed on download.com, but I haven't personally tried them out.
F. Melish answered on March 1, 2008

A
votes
Thanks for your input.
Andrea
Andrea answered on March 29, 2008
‹ Previous   1   Next ›