Published on November 22, 2011 by Classic Game Girl & Bibliophile

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect concept, but...
Published on January 3, 2012 by M. Jarvis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection for the 3DS--A Must for Kids & Good for Grown-Ups Too!, November 22, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this Nerf case for my four-year-old son's 3DS, and it's just perfect, especially to protect the system from drops and other mishaps. It doesn't block any of the ports or cameras, it's lightweight--and, while it's thick enough to protect, it's not overly bulky or cumbersome. We've used Nerf cases for years on all the kids' DS systems, and they've always worked perfectly. I'm so glad the 3DS ones are now available!

My personal opinion as a parent: If you're buying your kid a 3DS, you should consider this case and a set of screen protectors as must-have accessories from day one. We all know accidents are going to happen when entrusting our children with relatively expensive portable game systems. With these accessories, your kid most likely won't wind up with a broken 3DS as a result of his or her mistake.

Btw, I like to be able to easily slip my 3DS into my purse, but I know quite a few adults who like these cases too, as they add a softer grip and protect from bumps and scratches.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, November 22, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Better then I thought it would be, protects my investment and looks and feels awesome. I thought it would add to the bulkiness of the 3DS but it makes the 3DS so easy to hold on to. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover for a 3DS., November 18, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP 3DS NERF ARMOR - Yellow (Accessory)
I bought this with my 3DS because I wanted to have some sort of protective cover. The color is a bright yellow, less muted than the pictures. While it makes the 3DS a little bulkier it also makes it easier to grip for some people.

Pros:
The actual "nerf" part of the armor is pretty sturdy.
Gives you more room to grip your 3DS.
Protects the 3DS in general from being banged up in travel.
Gaps in all the right places so it doesn't interfere with the camera, charger, card slot, etc.
Pretty easy to put on and take off.

Cons:
The plastic parts of the case seem slightly flimsy.
Makes it a little bulkier (may or may not be a con for some people).
While it's easy to snap the bottom into place it takes more effort to snap the top on.
It's a little harder to get to your wireless switch (not a huge deal but hey, being completely honest here).
Price might be a little high for some people.

On a final note, my mother tried out my 3DS, and she absolutely LOVES this case. So we will be getting her one when she gets her 3DS, and may be getting my husband one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars protects from drops, November 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am purchasing these for my kids 3ds's so I don't have to buy the ext warrantee. These are incredible. My kids have both dropped their dsi's many MANY times....even on pavement....there were no bad affects. One was even run over by...well by more weight than it should have been. If you don't want to pay for breaks.....get these...who cares about the color/looks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect concept, but..., January 3, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I LOVE the idea of having a rugged, protective case for my 6 year old's 3ds, especially created by NERF, BUT it doesn't stay shut!!! It flops open easily and it just seems to me that it could potentially do the same as it's on its way to making contact with a sidewalk/stairs/what have you. If only it would snap shut. I'm not comfortable with putting it in his backpack or my purse because of how easily it opens. It just is too vulnerable to scratches on the screen, etc. I really don't want to buy a case you just place the ds in and have to remove in order to play. Anyone else having this problem??? (please say no and that mine's a defect!)Also, anyone know of a similar type case that has some sort of closure enforcement? Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Protection, February 22, 2012
This review is from: PDP 3DS NERF ARMOR - Yellow (Accessory)
Nerf should really consider getting into protecting handheld game consoles .... oh wait!
They do!!

I really dig this product. It serves its purpose well.
My 5 year old has already dropped his 3DS - more times than I care to recall.

I am not new to this product.
I have purchased a couple of Nerf protectors for DS's in the past,
and they have done what they were intended to do.

With regard to the shipment, etc:
this was in great condition when I received it.
I also got it in a timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Armor for 3DS, December 4, 2011
mom of 3 (New Lenox, IL) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I recently bought a 3DS for my 11 yr. old daughter. She also has a DSI and has the armor on that too. I love this product. It is the only case out there that truely protects your gaming sytem when it's dropped. It fits snuggly and all he important openings are easy to get to. My daughter loves it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 18, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love the Nerf Armor for the 3DS. I have purchased them in the past for the DS Lite, DSI, and the DSI XL. I was so glad to finally find it for the 3DS. It is perfect for an accidental drop. DS is safe everytime.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Defect Maybe?, December 23, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I love nerf stuff and wanted a case for my 3DS. I was a early adopter and bought the case from PDP store... When I got it I noticed that when I open my 3DS to play it makes a grinding noise or maybe that something is straining... I then did some tests... I found out that when I put my thumb on where the opening is by the Start and Select buttons and jack I noticed that it didn't make the noise... Like when my thumb is there I guess it prevents the 3DS from moving a bit when I open it to play... Some sort of defect maybe??? Otherwise it is a good case...

PS: I did hear of similar situations about the case and that some people had to buy new 3DS's cuz the case ruined it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 21, 2013
Stacy (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
I've purchased 2 of these, one for each of the DS's in my family. The best protection around for young kids. We've had no problems with the protectors themselves and have yet to have a DS break (knock on wood). Would recommend to anyone.

PDP 3DS NERF ARMOR - Yellow
PDP 3DS NERF ARMOR - Yellow by PDP (Nintendo 3DS)
$14.99 $12.87