Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Green|Change

on June 19, 2012
We have a DS Lite, and wanted to protect it. It has a chipped hinge on the right side. I took a chance on buying this PDP Nerf Dual Armor protector for the DS. I am really impressed! We are not concerned any longer about that hinge as the Nerf Armor has its own hinges and protects the bad hinge on the DS. It also somewhat shields the hinge from any further damage. As for protecting the DS Lite overall, it is just great and it is quite comfortable to hold while using the game player. Thank you so much for such a nice product! From abranch789.
on January 1, 2012
In my opinion, nerf armor is a must for the DS. If you're going to pay over $100 for something for a kid, you need to protect it. These things really do the job! I have 3 kids ages 5-8 with a DS and they each have one of these. They are holding up great, we've had one for about 8 months.
on November 15, 2011
First of all it's not a game, but this is a great shield for kid hands...it protects the dsi from throws when they can't pass a level lol...I recommend this to anybody with boys!
on February 11, 2012
My son's 1st DSl lasted almost 2 years before the hinge broke, so he got a new one for his birthday, it barely made it 3 month before he once again dropped it and one of the hinges broke. I was pretty unhappy. This time he had to buy one with his own money and I found the Nerf Armor and figured it was cheaper then buying a new DSL. The armor is bulky and will double the size of the DS, some buttons like the volume may now be hard to reach. After we got the Nerf Armor, I decided to try it out and see if his old DS with the broken hinge could easily be used with the Nerf Armor. While the DS was easily pushed into the Nerf Armor, when I decided to take it out I was afraid I would break it completely, even though the instructions say it pops right out. Well, it does not. Once it is in, it is in. We had it for a short while now, but haven't let him take it out of the house yet, so we have to see how well it really works. Color choices could be better.
on August 8, 2014
I ordered more than one of these in multiple colors, as I have more than one kiddo who received DS's for Christmas. Ages from 4-8 have been using these, and the DS's have fallen, with no injury! I think these are a great product and allow all access to the device while protecting it thoroughly. Soft while sturdy rubber exterior protects the device, it's soft to the touch and like holding a NERF football. Love it!
on June 17, 2012
Our first Nerf Armor lasted well over a year on a DSi that our 5 year old used. Pretty impressive. There was no question that I would order another one to replace the old one. These are great, especially if you have younger children.
on June 21, 2012
We ordered this case and so far it's been working well-- my son dropped his LAST DS Lite and broke it, so we purchased this case.

The case is made of a thick, spongy material, and works well for what it's designed to do--protect the game device. The only problem is that my son doesn't like to play the game as much with the case on it, and he's tried to remove the case more than once (he's six).

It seems to offer very good shock protection (we have tile floors) but be warned that a child with small hands may not like the feel of this case because of it's bulky size.

Added 7/9/2012: My son has dropped this case numerous times already in our concrete driveway, and even with the game OPEN, it still protects! Not a scratch on the unit so far. So, it's really worth the money for us. He seems to have gotten used to the size.
on June 14, 2012
Let's be honest kids are destructive. This is by far the most protective case I've seen for the DS Series of hand helds. If someone has something better I'd love to see it. This case answers the calling to protecting the DS from drops. Believe tried to replace hinges on a broke DS not worth the effort buy the case same time and sanity.
on November 30, 2015
Broke after a year, but this is impressive considering my son throws his... That was the whole reason for getting it though! My only disappointment is that the hinge on his DS broke, even with this protector on it.
on January 13, 2012
We bought this for our 6 year old's ds upon the recommendation of someone else with small children. It fits very easily over the ds lite, and it provides a great cushion should the unit inevitably be dropped. It is very snug and does not feel like it will slip off at all. I would highly recommend this if you have young ones.