Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on December 29, 2011
I love these pencils! I have had the hardest time finding a mechanical pencil with lead that does not break. If you press down really hard when writing, like myself, than these are the pencils for you! They are super comfortable to write with also.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 21, 2011
I love these pencils and I was so happy to find them at Amazon. What I love most about these pencils is the nifty pencil grip making it easier for my older fingers to grasp. I also love the durability of the pencil and they last for years. With every package you get extra lead and erasers so you can keep on writing with the four mechanical pencils sold in each package.

Give them a try as I am sure you'll love these mechanical pencils as much as I do.

Recommend.
on April 3, 2011
I hate it when my lead constantly breaks, so .9mm lead is more like writing with a regular pencil than the thin lead that usually comes with a mechanical pencil. The eraser also extends when twisted, so it isnt the typical short stubby one that falls out when you have to erase.
on June 24, 2015
These used to be my favorite mechanical pencils of all time, but the new design is flimsy, less comfortable to grip, and just less fun. I loved the bright colors, the reliable lead, and the durability. I am so disappointed with this redesigned product. After ordering some on Amazon, and getting the new design rather than the one pictured (yes, that's not what you get! Check the individual pictures!), I realized they had redesigned it and went and bought up every last package I could find at the local K-Mart (no one shops there, so I knew they'd still have some). I just hope BIC brings back the proper Velocity pencil before I run out! I threw out the redesigned ones. They are garbage.

In short, don't bother with this pencil. The old design was truly excellent, but the new design is just a waste of money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 9, 2012
My daughter loves mechanical pencils and she has a big collection of them. She loved these during the vacation for making greeting cards/thank you notes/drawing etc. Multiple colors make it a good set. You don't have to go to sharpeners each time in school and home to make it work. Couple of leads and one is good to go. Awesome set.
on September 29, 2014
I am a teacher and I've got to have my Bic Velocity 9mm pencils... But this last order I received is different from the picture, I guess Bic has a "New" design. I can tell they are made more cheaply, not as durable, and the tips keep falling off. I do expect to get what is pictured. I bought 5 packets, so I am stuck using them.
on November 10, 2011
These mechanical pencils are the best I've found. The heft of the pencil feels perfect in my hand, and the pencil's rubbery cushions supply ample protection from writing fatigue normally associated with writing utensils of this type. I've tried plenty of other cheaper mechanical pencils, but I always come back to my Velocity BIC pencils because they feel better than any other on the market. Plain and simple: these pencils rock.
on January 15, 2013
The lead on the pencils is fine. Nice and sturdy. However, the eraser with pencil is a poor design. Try to erase and you end up advancing the lead. There iis no way to push the lead back into the pencil once it is advanced. a better design is the pencils with the lead advance button on the side. Those usually have the ability to release the button which allows a lead that has been advanced too far to be pushed back into the barrel of the pencil. Out iis a very nice pencil if you don't use the eraser.
on July 28, 2013
I love this pencil and very glad we found it. The lead is thick enough for my kids to use in school and not continually break it like happens with thinner leads. The grip on the bottom of the pencil is soft and great for both little hands and adult hands.

Thanks, BIC, for a great product!
on October 28, 2015
I never thought I would love pencils so much! I will NEVER go back to .07mm again - which are always breaking on me. This withstand my writing pressure with ease. Plus they're also refillable and have a cushion.
What more can I say? They are the perfect writing instrument.