Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Subscription Length: 1 year|Change
Price:$15.00+ Free shipping

on April 20, 2008
I'm a big fashion magazine fan - having subscribed to magazines like InStyle, Lucky, Harper's Bazaar, Vogue and Elle in the past several years.

People Stylewatch - in addition to Instyle - is one of my favorites. It's a rather thin magazine, but what you get is lots of good, useful content that is similar to InStyle (minus the gobs of advertisements). Stylewatch appeals to the readers of People magazine (which, I admit, I do not read) and fashionistas who enjoy reading up on fashion, trends and celebrities. What I like about Stylewatch is that it doesn't waste your time with pages of ads, editorials or articles. It gives you pictures, pictures, and more pictures as well as a good look at current and upcoming trends and some great comparison shopping/tips for budget-minded fashionistas. Instead of showing you gorgeous pictures of paper-thin models wearing outfits you couldn't afford, it shows you what celebrities are wearing and how you could wear a similar outfit for much less. It also gives you current trends and outfits in various price ranges, which makes it a magazine that proves that you don't have to make a million bucks to LOOK like a million bucks.

I usually satisfy my thirst for fashion articles by reading Harper's Bazaar or Vogue, but for my quick-fix up-to-the-moment what-are-the-celebrities-wearing-these-days look at the trends, as well as my source for great fashion ideas and tips, I go to People Stylewatch and it never disappoints.
on March 5, 2010
Like the 30 other reviewers who have rated these jerks one star, I also took advantage of their Black Friday subscription and I'm still empty handed nearly 3 months later. I don't want to deter anyone from taking advantage of great magazine deals through Amazon--- I was very pleased with my subscriptions to Marie Claire, Glamour, Oprah, and Entertainment Weekly. They were all delivered promptly. I work at a retailer that sells magazines and there have been two People StyleWatches issued since Black Friday. And still.... nothing. At this point, assuming I ever get my subscription, it wouldn't even be a year. All I know is that not only is People dropping the ball, but so is Amazon. They obviously have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands. I was pleased with my other subscriptions, but I will no longer go through Amazon for this stuff because of their inability to handle poor customer service from their vendors.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2009
Though creative, I lack natural ability and patience to painlessly put together my outfits. Therefore, I rely on three magazines to keep "frumpy" at arm's length: People Style Watch, Lucky, and InStyle. What these three magazines have in common is their visual approach to fashion: you will not find there silly articles on global affairs written by teenage interns. Instead, you will be treated to lots of pictures of fashionable style setters not only on the red carpet, but, MOST IMPORTANTLY, in street clothing. I believe these to be much more meaningful to an average Earthling such as myself then the overstilized artsy fashion photos one finds in the likes of VOGUE...

I also like the fact that the magazine identifies the brands. I may not be able to afford everything, but on many occasions I have been able to make prudent additions to my wardrobe based on the editors' recommendations, and/or acquire more affordable article based on the "original".

Fours stars only, as I would like to see more fashions specifically for the 30's/40's set.
on February 6, 2009
Say what you will about InStyle (which I subscribe to as well), I consider People stylewatch a better alternative if you are trying to choose between the two and don't happen to have a six-figure income. People style watch tries to keep it within my means. They don't just highlight designer brands of clothes, shoes and handbags but also review beauty, hair and fashion products that you can buy at drugstores or target. They have a section on cheap chic - where they copy a designer look on a budget which I enjoy. So for frugal fashionistas, this is a great companion. I wait for mine to arrive every month and am always delighted to find it in the mailbox. Makes my day.
on March 28, 2010
What I really like about People Style Watch is that it's laid out in an easy-to-read, at-a-glance manner. I subscribe to a lot of magazines for various reasons and often don't have time to look at them all cover-to-cover in one sitting each month. Though I usually have good intentions of finishing them later, more often than not, they get tossed in cleaning sprees before I accomplished that task. But with Style Watch, you can get a lot of info covered in a short amount of time and learn a lot; yet, if you don't get all the way through it before it's discarded, you still got your money's worth. In a nutshell, it's a thin magazine packed full of useful, interesting fashion tips, trends, new products, education, and pictures -- all without bombardment of ads or filler like in most other fashion publications. Just like it's parent magazine, People, the pages flow seamlessly. Perhaps Style Watch's greatest asset of all, in my opinion, is its appeal to women of most any generation: not an easy task to accomplish. Personally, I am the youngest of baby-boomers, but I enjoy the magazine as much as the twenty-something women I work with. In fact, for me, the only negative comment I could construe is that there's almost too much detail to absorb every month!
But that's a criticism I can live with:)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 14, 2015
This is a great magazine. It's full of fashion trends and ideas that inspire me to look my best. It's totally devoted to fashion and beauty and doesn't contain actual articles. I like that. I subscribe to other magazines that have celebrity profiles or informative articles so I don't need an additional one. I also appreciate that there are items recommended in my price range. I have discovered myriad fashion websites through this magazine where I've purchased some of my favorite items. I also like the celebrity photos which always give me great tips that I haven't even thought of before. As a mature woman, I dress about 10 years younger than my actual age and no one thinks I'm as old as I am as a result. I love that! I definitely consider myself a fashionista and have always been interested in fashion and beauty. In my younger days, I modeled in New York and ever since, I keep up with the trends. My husband has always loved my fashion sense and I think I dress as well as I do because I favor a classic look and only purchase trendy items if they are very flattering and I can work them into my wardrobe without looking like I'm trying too hard. I think fashion magazines serve a great purpose and I especially love People Style Watch. It's one of two fashion magazines I subscribe to. I would suggest that any woman who wants to present her best self, read this magazine and absorb the information that most appeals to the individual's sense of style. As a woman in my 50s, I'm proof that great style is possible at any age.
on November 22, 2011
This magazine is a very straight forward fashion magazine. It's not jumbled into 'artistic' (weird) fashion photography, portraying women as murder victims or drug addictions. It gives you the product and the price and the lastest trends and how to wear them. The price range of the products is relatively reasonable, ranging from $10-$250, nothing like "call to inquire" pricing.
on October 2, 2013
I subscribe to a lot of fashion and beauty magazines, and this is one of my favorites. Everything featured is affordable, and the magazine is always giving even lower priced options. Never makes me feel guilty about wanting something in their pages, and it's always on budget. Have also given gift subscriptions to other budget fashionistas.
on February 11, 2010
I actually love the magazine which is why I ordered but 2 months later......where is it?
on December 1, 2009
I have found PeopleStyleWatch to be an enjoyable magazine that offers some great suggestions and ideas for those who don't, or can't, spend absurd amounts on their wardrobes. They also offer great ideas on beauty. For those that have not received their first issue yet, they do acknowledge upfront that it can take up to 8 weeks to receive the initial one, as it did for my first issue of InStyle for $5.00, offered here on Amazon some months ago. If they don't start at all, or someone receives a few issues and they then stop coming, all you need to do is contact the circulation department of the publishing house that publishes them. Often times it is because the Post Office has inadvertantly returned an issue, claiming wrong address or some such other false claim, and they put the magazines on hold. It happened to me with my Allure subscription a few years ago and no, I hadn't moved at all but for some absurd reason, the Post Office sent an issue of Allure back, claiming I no longer resided at that address. When I found the correct number to call (do an online search for the publisher and call or e-mail their circulation dept) the CS rep explained that an issue had been returned and they had no way of knowing that it was inaccurate information. They then resumed sending them and added the appropriate amount of months on to my subscription to make up for the months I didn't receive them. If you do nothing to correct an obvious mistake, then nothing is going to happen to fix or correct it. These companies want their subscribers to receive their magazines so don't just ignore it when an obvious error has taken place.
Regarding InStyle versus Peole StyleWatch, InStyle is filled with massive amounts of advertising, while People StyleWatch is not at all so of course there would be a huge difference in the size of the magazines. I get a little overwhelmed with thumbing through the endless pages of ads sometimes so I enjoy the ease of People's Style Watch as a break from that. For $5.00, it's not much of an investment for a years worth of some good ideas and suggestions in an easy to read format.