Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 18, 2012
You know, I managed to forget all about PF Flyers for several decades. I mean, I'm old enough to remember their Saturday morning inter-cartoon segment commercials which promised their kid audiences these shoes would make us run faster and jump farther. Those criteria are not nearly as important to me now (not at all) as they were then. BUT, I'd completely forgotten how truly comfortable and cool (temperature inside) to wear these shoes could be, not being chock-full of all kinds of stuffing and padding. And the flat bottoms don't compress and alter your balance on uneven surfaces like EVA outsoles do. I have a chronic sprained ankle, but wearing these high-tops tightly-laced gives just enough ankle support that, combined with the more stable outsole, gives me enough stable footing that I often don't need to wear my ankle brace anymore!

That is such a win all by itself, I've purchased several other pairs in other colors. But I find I also like these new leather-upper retro models because they don't soil or stain like the old Canvas ones did. And the leather is quite thin, fabric-reinforced, supple, and strong, with a lighter feel than the stiffer canvas sides. And if you get the ones with colored-outsoles, you don't even get lasting scuff marks on them with use either. If anything, the finish on these seems better than I recall on the originals. The adhesives seem stronger, and the styles are both retro familiar and still today-relevant from both functional and stylistic points of view. And, OMG, happy-happy-joy-joy, they make them in dreadnought-class sizes nowdays! But more than anything, I'm happy to have stable non-slip footing without needing my ankle brace.

P.S. It doesn't hurt at all that my grade-schooler son saw mine and asked me to get him some just like them! Boo-Yah!
on February 3, 2016
These shoes are somewhat fashionista compared to most of my shoes. They take too long to pull on because they are high tops. Once on they look good. They are designed for court action, which I don't do. I use my shoes for walking around only. For general walking, I would not recommend these but I can't really fault the company or its product. I do like leather shoes, much better than canvas. Being a card carrying Medicare dude, I guess I was carried away by the youthful look of this shoe. Maybe I will find a geriatric basketball team and if they let me play, I will elevate these to 5 stars.
on August 18, 2015
A great classic shoe that is comfortable enough to wear all day, unlike other canvas shoes on the market that have so little support. Great to see that they are more widely available and the prices aren't crazy for what you're getting.
on January 15, 2015
Looked great but the sole wasn't particularly comfortable for me. My feet are also wide in the forefoot/toe area, and these were too narrow for me. I'd say these shoes would be great if you have narrow or average-width feet. Was sad to return them, because I really like the look of these shoes.
on September 5, 2014
I dunno. Nice alternative to converse. NOT leather. Not a Nike quality faux leather. Awful material feel. I would rather have canvas, or obviously, real leather... I'd be very happy with these were they leather.
on December 7, 2012
Seriously the best. Switched from canvas material to this leather one, and I am pumped. Totally comfortable, and the quality is great. Such a solid shoe, I expect to ride these into the ground. Soles and stiching are perfect. The Rubber toe is thick and sturdy. The insole is totally comfortable, and doesn't end up feel like paper at the end of a long of walking around. Way better than converse.
on October 11, 2013
Great boots wears well with all my Jeans, I also wear them to workout in,they lasted way longer than my converse.bottom still perfect,material I have polished,but would be clean looking otherwise great buy.
on June 21, 2013
This PF Flyers are a great addition to my shoe collection. Very reasonably priced at Amazon with the added bonus discount. Changed the shoelaces to customize the look. "Jump higher, run faster."
on January 7, 2015
Although not real leather, they look awesome. They are far more comfortable than converse and trust me I know, I have (had?) been a loyal converse-ist for about 15 years now. I wear a Men's 4 in converse.. But I took the advice given to me by fellow PF Flyer wearers that they run small, so I bought the 4.5 and it fits perfectly! The only sucky thing about them that may prevent me from repurchasing is the god awful, giant white and green logo located inconveniently on the outside of the sneaker.. Bleh!
on January 2, 2015
Should've gotten the true black and not the reflective black. Held up over daily wear for a full semester of heavy use at college, fabric currently peeling off of sole. Good shoe while it lasted, will probably replace soon.