5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but EXCELLENT SELLER
I purchased this Philps DVD/VHS becasue it was a basic unit. We already had a Philips DVD/VCR but so many movies and other videos are now in DVD format and I wanted a second unit to go with a second television. We have used the unit and it works great.

Published 15 months ago by coffeelover

3.0 out of 5 stars No coaxial input
This unit does not have coaxial input. If you are looking for a combo player that can be used with a cable box or other components with coaxial output, get a different unit. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a demodulator in order to use it.
Published 12 months ago by PJR

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but EXCELLENT SELLER, September 9, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /

However, when I purchased the unit I read what was to be included with the DVD/VCR player. The list was as follows: Package Contents: DVP3345VB DVD/VCR Combo , 2 x AA Batteries , Audio/Video Cable , Quick Start Guide , Remote Control , User Manual , Warranty Leaflet.

The owners manual and batteries were not included so I contacted AceElectronics, the company I purchased the unit from, via email. I got an immediate response and the company apologized. They also included a link where I could download the manual and they offered me a refund to purchase the batteries. They also had other Philips DVD/VCR's in stock and after my email someone checked the other boxes. They found all the other boxes were like mine and did not contain either the manual or batteries.

In my opinion AceElectronic has great customer service. And, in the future, when I am looking for or purchasing anything electronic I will always check to see if AceElectronics carries the item before I do business elsewhere. It is very rare indeed to find any company that will stand behind something they did not make. Instead most companies just say "if we didn't make it it's not our problem" and actually most companies will not stand behind something they do manufacture. AceElectronics goes above and beyond for their customers and I truly appreciate their wonderful customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars vcr+dvd together, July 8, 2013
Phillips still makes one player that plays both dvd's and vcr's,one of very few models that do this anymore. We've had ours for 3 yrs. absolutely no problems. Simple to use remote both formats seperated, so easy to control either. Can switch from one to the other without leaving your chair. Plays in high definition. It really is a good buy,may be one of the last players that will be able to play both.specs-formats dvd-rw,dvd+rw,dvd-r, vhs jpeg,dual layers supported, and progressive scan,dolby sound system.

3.0 out of 5 stars No coaxial input, December 3, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Best rated and proved to be good quality., November 9, 2013
Doug Ogren (Saint Paul, MN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
Product was the the best rated dvd/vhs player. I have used it several times and found the picture and sound as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product, December 14, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
Great deal for the money.VHS provides good picture and DVD player is fine for watching standard DVD discs.Also machine does not vent from top so my wife can set a picture on it which seems to please her??

1.0 out of 5 stars VHS portion of player DOA, September 18, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
Set up and connected, the Philps DVD player worked fine, but the VHS player produced only audio and snow. It is being returned to try and get another which works.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described!, December 19, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
Received item in the time indicated. Item is perfect for viewing both DVDs and older tapes. Nice sleek look and doesn't take up any more room than a standard DVD player

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!, October 3, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
I love this DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER! It was a snap to set up and it works great. Since I've only had it a couple of weeks time will tell if it has longevity.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review of dvd/vhs player., October 22, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
The unit works great as I expected it would. Philips products are great. This is to Amazon, keep up the good work. Thanks, Robert Peters

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for basic functionality, February 9, 2014
This review is from: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
The combo player does well what it was advertised to do and was very easy to set up. Picture quality is good with both formats. The tracking adjustment function really helps playing old VCR tapes that have degraded in the last 20 years or so. I would have liked an additional capability of converting VCR to DVD format, but after experiencing very bad reliability problems with devices from Toshiba (refused to play and release VCR cassettes after minimal use) and Samsung (never succeeded in recording in DVD format as was advertised, and later refused to play and release VCR cassettes in the same way as the Toshiba) I trust that the limited functionality of the Philips combo player will help it last longer. So far, I have used the Philips device for several hours.