4.0 out of 5 stars Received by mistake but works well
Published on July 20, 2012 by CAMN

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips - I expected better from you.
This just does not work with cassette decks that have automatic rewind and no way to turn off that feature. I followed the advice of electronics persons who suggested taking the auto-rewind wheel out of the cassette but could not stand listening to the music in mono.

I don't understand why this product is being sold if it has these issues.
Published 19 months ago by Tusi Tala

4.0 out of 5 stars Received by mistake but works well, July 20, 2012
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
I like a few others received this adapter by mistake when I had ordered the Belkin Xm adapter. So far it works pretty well. This is my first cassette adapter so I don't know if other adapters have this feature but there are three holes that you can direct the wire through depending upon your cassette setup. Sound quality is very good if your mp3 player is at half volume and you control the sound with the cars receiver. DO NOT TURN YOUR MP3 PLAYERS VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP OR THE SOUND QUALITY WILL BE HORRIBLE! The only weak point seems so far seems to be the cord. It is plenty long however seems rather flimsy. My truck uses a front facing tape deck so chafing is not an issue but if your vehicle has a side facing deck as most do you may want to wrap the part of the cord that rubs on the tape deck upon insertion and ejection with electrical tape to avoid wear. Unlike what is pictured the jack is elbowed at a 90 degree angle. This could cause problems if you have a case on your device. I use this with my iPhone 4s with a case and my iPad 1 with a case. It fits with the iPhone without a jack extender however I need a jack extender to plug it into my iPad with a case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips - I expected better from you., February 8, 2013
Tusi Tala (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)

I don't understand why this product is being sold if it has these issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, October 27, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
As others have said, works great with no issues in a 2000 Ford Taurus. Been in use for about a year now and works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product compared with others- spend the $5 extra and get this, October 16, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
There were quite a few choices, but I am glad to have spent a few bucks extra. My son has one from a different manufacturer and we compared and could definitely hear better sound with this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 15, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
I ordered the cassette adapter it arrived in 2 days exactly and its perfect! My music plays loud and amazing through my cars speakers, havent had a problem with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it says...., November 21, 2013
Joe (Shawnee Mission, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
Works like it says. It fit in my tape player and worked with my wife's samsung device. I had to increase the headset volume on my phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars adapter, October 27, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
it works ok it my car and works great for my base in my care and yeah it works lol

1.0 out of 5 stars CRAP, October 26, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
Save your money and don't get this. I bought this last week and it had horrible sound quality. They get 1 star because it came faster than the estimated shipping date and that's it.

2.0 out of 5 stars DUD, October 7, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
I believe i got a dud, terrible static and strange tremble that shakes my speakers, it sounds very stat-icky can barely decipher music at times, at times sounds a bit better but absolutely worthless to me, I have expensive surround sound car speakers so I know its not that because radio, cd's, and cassettes sound great, I'm sure It could have been good since people claim good stuff, just got a dud I suppose, wish I could get a refund but unfortunately I waited to long.

3.0 out of 5 stars It Works., September 30, 2013
This review is from: PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter (Electronics)
I'd say this is OK. I use it in my 2004 truck that has a casette player. It works, but does add a bit of electronic noise which isn't all that noticable while the music is playing, but very annoying between songs or when mp3 player is paused.

PHILIPS MP3/CD/iPod Cassette Adapter