From the Back Cover
The fun and easy way(TM) to create a Web database application!
Get the scoop on building online catalogs and members-only sites
Take your site to the next level - no programming or database experience required
With a MySQL database and a little PHP programming, you can add a whole new level of interactivity to your site - for free. But how do you get a fix on the world of Web database applications? Don't worry! With this friendly reference (and the free software on the CD-ROM), you'll be building a MySQL database and writing PHP programs in no time.
All this on the bonus CD-Rom
* PHP server-side scripting language
* MySQL relational database management system
* Apache Web server
* Sample applications and code from the book
System Requirements: A Pentium PC or faster; Windows 9x/2000/Me/XP, Windows NT 4 or later; Linux. At least 32 MB of total RAM; a CD-ROM drive.
See CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Get smart! @www.dummies.com
* Find listings of all our books
* Create your own personalized book with Hungry Minds a la Carte(TM)
* Sign up for daily eTips at www.dummiesdaily.com
About the Author
Janet Valade has 17 years of experience as a Web designer, programmer, and systems analyst.