Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Playmobil Security Check Point
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 9, 2005
I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.

The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I'll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush).
8484 comments|12,111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.
1313 comments|2,839 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2008
This toy would be a lot more realistic with about 350 people standing in line for an average of an hour. It still makes a nice set with the interrogation room.
66 comments|2,956 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
Get it now as soon it will no longer be available. TSA has requested that this product be removed from the market. It was deemed a security risk as it is virtually identical to the actual training material used to train TSA agents.
11 comment|1,209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2008
My family was planning a vacation to Europe, so I purchased this item to teach my twins about what to expect at the airport and hopefully, alleviate some of their anxiety. We also downloaded the actual TSA security checklist from the American Airlines website and then proceeded with our demonstration. Well, first we had to round up a Barbie and a few Bratz dolls to play the other family members, so that cost us a few extra bucks at the Dollar General and it is aggravating that the manufacturer did not make this product "family-friendly." Of course, since the playmobil Dad could not remove his shoes or other clothing items, unlike the Barbie, the playmobil security agent became suspicious and after waving her wand wildy a few dozen times, called her supervisor to wisk the Dad into a special body-cavity search room, (which incidentally led to quite an embarasing and interesting discussion with my twin daughters about personal hygiene and a slight adjustment to the rules we had them memorize about touching by strangers). But worst of all, since the suitcase did not actually open, the baggage inspector made a call to the FBI and ATF bomb squads which then segregated the family's suitcase (which btw was the only suitcase they provided for our educational family experience) and according to the advanced TSA regulations, had to blow it up, (since they could not otherwise mutilate the luggage, break off the locks and put one of those nice little advisory stickers on it), which we had to simulate out in the backyard with a few M-80s and other fireworks. The girls started crying. They became so hysterical by the whole experience that we could not even get them in the car when the time came to actually take our trip, and so we had to cancel the whole thing at the last minute, losing over $7,000 in airfare and hotel charges that we could not recoup do to the last minute cancellations. We've now spent an additional $3,000 to pay for the girls therapy and medication over the past year since this incident occurred, and the psychologists have told us that this will affect them for life, so much for their college fund and our retirement. Then, to top it all off, when we tried to use to playmobil phone to call the company to ask for reimbursement, as you might expect, of course the damn thing didn't even work; neither did our efforts to e-mail them using the computer screen on the baggage checkpoint; and our real-life efforts to contact them to obtain re-imbursement have also likewise been ignored. Worse yet, we had the product tested and found out that it was positive for both lead paint and toxic chemicals, having been manufactured in China by workers holding formerly American jobs, so now we all have cancer and have been given only another year or so to live. My advice - educating your kids about airport security with this toy may actually be more harmful to them than just packing them in the damn luggage with some bottled water & hoping they survive. :)
4343 comments|5,526 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
Had this item 3 or 4 days now, and things were going fine, until some of the "passengers" began complaining of missing items from their luggage. I found the items in a Playmobil Security Manager's Office, which I hadn't realized I ordered. I'm thinking of complaining to the Playmobil Shop Steward but I'm not sure I'll get anywhere -
11 comment|207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2008
This toy is a wonderful start but...I think expansion packs would really increase the enjoyment. Could you imagine the fun kids could have with the "Mother forced to drink bottled breast milk to prove it's not explosive" expansion, the "What do you mean I'm the No-Fly List?" and especially the "Body Cavity Search, Wait, What?" set.
0Comment|306 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
The playset seemed well build, but none of the other Playmobil action figures I had seemed to enjoy it very much. In fact most of them complained, and are now being detained in an unknown location....
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
I purchased the UK spec of this toy. It's identical to the USA version but the border agents carry limp celery sticks instead of guns. I was sadly disappointed to find that the first time I combined it with the Calais Illegal Immigrant set, the scanner failed, and I now have 8000 unregistered aliens in my child's toy box, claiming asylum. Please rectify.
0Comment|313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
My son and I played with it a few times, but I didn't think he really understood how to work it. So, I substituted the dad with my old Mohammad Ali action figure and instantly, he took 20 extra minutes to get through. Using a brown character over the dad unlocked several hidden functions including cavity search, laptop dismantling, and finally tasering (6v lantern battery not included)
11 comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse