CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Playmobil Red Corsair
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ages 4+. Contains 90 Pcs.
- Includes two cannons and real working anchor.
- Please note: This item may ship in the original manufacturer shipping carton which contains Playmobil logos as well as a tiny picture of the item enclosed. Please consider shipping to an alternate address if this is a gift.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) This is Playmobil's starter pirate ship with the least amount of accessories, and it's also the least expensive. Playmobil has been releasing the Corsair in different color schemes, trims and accessories. If you like this color and scheme, you shouldn't wait because once it's gone Playmobil won't make this exact same scheme and trim again.
This particular Red Corsair has a red hull and red sails. It also has it's regulation 3 pirates (different ones as usual) and regulation cannon. The parts different from the last Corsair (#5810) is that it has a small money box rather than the treasure chest, an extra pennant (flag), 3 skulls and a musket, in place of an extra grappling hook and a pistol. If you like building up your pirate navy with different looking pirate ships, this is not a bad one to get.
2) This ship is not for any child under 7 or so, because this isn't a throw away toy. It's very well designed and "realistic" pirate ship with rigging and sails. If your child is younger, you might want to keep the small accessories in their bags first and not rig the sails or rigging. You can play just as well without them. This ship floats but you cannot add a motor to it.
3) All Playmobil products are of the highest quality. Everything is well made, thought out and designed by this great company which has been popular in Europe for decades. Playmobil is the Mercedes of toy brands, they will literally last for ever. The great secret about this ship and Playmobil in general is that there are tons of add ons. You can buy additional pirates to beef up your crew or government forces to fight against them, plus forts and additional cannons, etc.Read more ›
The Playmobil pirates of my youth were not as detailed or exciting. I never had a giant crab or ghost ship to command. Playmobil has changed through the years but thankfully, not in quality. These sets are as solid as always and provide hours of creative play. It will be a very sad day when I no longer find pirates armed to the gills with added guns, swords and shields (The Knights collection is another big favorite) hidden around the house.
You will need additional sets to complete your Pirate set. The Pirates always have to fight something and we have older sets that include soldiers (they appear British) to battle. But "good" pirates or knights (ignoring the historical impossibility) are fine combatants.
Aside from the toys themselves, I would check other places than Amazon. I have found Amazon sellers to be ridiculously high priced for these. Surprisingly, Toys R Us has has the best prices for these.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Okay it is our bad that we lost the complex string set-up that made it even more cool but we replaced it with regular string and it worked fine. Thumbs up all aroundPublished on April 26, 2013 by Jakartaguy
We bought this ship for our 3 year old son last Christmas and one year later he is sitting in the floor playing with this ship! He loves this ship and has sent the day he got it. Read morePublished on November 15, 2012 by W. Brown
This was given to my four year old as a birthday present. He loves it! And I love Playmobile! I only gave this ship 3 stars for durability because parts are always coming off. Read morePublished on June 22, 2012 by Amazon Customer
This was a gift for a nephew who lives out of state. He absolutely loves it, and has had hours of play with it since the holidays. Read morePublished on February 25, 2012 by jan
Playmobil toys are the best, hands down. My kids play with this every day. The detail and durability are outstanding.Published on February 5, 2012 by A. Mack
I bought this ship for my 4 year old son, and he was so happy !!! he is really in to boats and pirates, We got it for Christmas !!!Published on January 5, 2012 by vanessa
Purchased this ship as a present for my daughter this Christmas. This is my first Playmobil purchase and this is an excellent quality product...well worth the money. Read morePublished on December 28, 2011 by Paul