5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Playmobil 123 Add On, February 4, 2010
goonius (a room in a house on a street in a city just like any other.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
This is a pretty basic set, consisting of a little man (African American) with a yellow motorcycle helmet (non-removable), sporting a blue racing suit with yellow trim. The bike itself is green with red and yellow trim. I mention the details of the appearance of this toy because the colors of this stock photo are so ridiculously skewed and garish that these details are a little difficult to discern.

The bike has a little switch on the back that will either stop or release the rear wheel. I suppose you'd want it to be locked when the vehicle is stopped? I'm not really sure the purpose of this, as it adds nothing to the experience of the toy; it's not like it's going to go rolling away when it's not locked. I originally thought the lever might be a mechanism that would propel the car forward, like a gearbox. I should know better, as Playmobil stuff generally relies on kid-power to move its various parts. My daughter was rather disappointed with my misconception.

In any case, this is overall a really nice toy. Of note is that the character stands rather than sits in the bike, but he does so securely, he won't fall out if it capsizes. However, the way this is set up, a child-sized figure cannot ride in it. The motorcycle itself, with its large wheels can be propelled forward, and if you're not too aggressive about it, it won't fall over (on a flat surface). Unlike some of the other Playmobil 123 vehicles we purchased (the little blue car, and the safari vehicle), this one has 'real wheels' meaning that the entire wheel rolls rather than the outer part. I mention this because the end result is a quick, easy to push vehicle with wheels that grip and turn as one might expect.

I think this little guy is really cute, and his motorcycle is a lot of fun. A really nice add to our Playmobil ensemble, and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rev It Up, Baby!, November 3, 2011
Amy Steele "quirky one" (The Land of the Mullets With Tails- West of the Atlantic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
We have had this dude for 7.5 years now, and he's still rockin'. When the lever is pushed in the "down" position, it does indeed give rev action; when the lever is pushed up, it's smooth sailin'. With all due respect to the other reviewer, a 1.2.3. child-sized figure can fit in the bike, just not snugly. Bike is sturdy and rarely falls over, even on a bed. Non-marking. Scratches on the bike are minimal; driver is pristine. Playmobil 1.2.3. is indestructible...all of our sets are still in great condition. My first daughter showed interest in this stuff until she was five years old, so you are definitely getting your money's worth. This toy cycle is the Grand Prix of toy cycles for tots.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... son (21 months) loves motorcycles and he is in love with this toy, June 24, 2014
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
My son (21 months) loves motorcycles and he is in love with this toy. It's sturdy for him to zoom around all day and we don't have to worry about losing any little pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable & Fun Toy With No Batteries, April 6, 2014
JBJ (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
Great toy. Great size. No batteries. Playmobil is one of the few companies that make high quality kid powered toys. This is a good toy to keep in your travel bag. Makes a noise when you push it. Little driver is high quality too. These toys don't break.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too cute and great for the little brothers, September 7, 2013
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
We got this motorbike for our little boys 1yr birthday. It is another great toy from Playmobil and hopefully he will play with that instead of his big brothers toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, February 9, 2013
I. Walch "Iso" (Cambridge, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
we bought this toy for a 2 year old. It is very durable, no small parts that could fall off and get lost. I love the bright colors and the size of the motor bike is perfect for little hands. Great toy overall. Will buy one for my 1 1/2 year old, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a motorcycle that doesn't break!!!, August 21, 2012
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
My boy is really into motorcycles. He has to have a working one at all times. The ones I've found in stores break in a day, tops. I ordered this one because it looked durable, and I know Playmobile makes good products (from my little brother's days). Yup, this won't break and my son loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, May 30, 2012
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
I really like the Playmobil 123 line and my 18 month old son loves this little motorcycle. He likes being able to take the driver in and out of the motorcycle, and he pushes it all around the house. It is small so can be easily packed in the diaper bag. I know some reviewers have questioned the purpose of the switch on the rear wheel, however I think it serves a few purposes: First, it makes a fun noise which most toddlers enjoy. Second, learning how to work the switch is good for fine motor skills. Locking the rear wheel also slows down how fast it rolls, which is good for crawlers. I know there were a few times when my son was crawling when a vehicle would get away from him and cause him to fall. I think this feature would help prevent that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful quality, April 21, 2012
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
This was a wonderful addition for the toy collection. My son and daughter both enjoy it and like to make the motorcycle click around the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clicky noises, February 5, 2012
This review is from: PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike (Toy)
My son loves his little motorcycle and loves the noises it makes. He likes to take the little man in and out.

PLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 Motor Bike