4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Quality
Published on May 18, 2011 by Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked once
I only managed to convert one sie of one album. After that, the turntable just wouldn't record anything else. I returned it.
Published 13 months ago by chgobeedz

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Quality, May 18, 2011
This review is from: PYLE PLTTB9U USB Turntable with direct-to-digital USB/SD Card Encoder and Built-in AM/FM Radio Conversion (Electronics)
Let's be honest. If you are looking at this item then you are probably doing so because you can't afford to spend an arm and a leg to play your classic tunes. But you can't let them go to waste either. This is definitely the solution. Very well priced and extremely good quality. The only thing that I found displeasing was that the power adaptor did not work (as I live in Australia) but I had a spare one luckily. Also no USB cable included, but again, minor things.
Securely packed and shipped quickly.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain!, September 20, 2010
The price was fantastic, the sound quality is great, no external speakers, so no mess... a real pleasure. I don't know if a true audiophile would agree, but for the casual listener, the Pyle is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars plastic spinner, March 15, 2012
i bought this to play records and that is what it does, plays smooth without any scratching, has slow arm control, easy drop needle, and half the size of my dinosaur, low profile and perfect play, awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 little Turntable for the price!, November 15, 2013
I am glad I purchased this turntable. This unit is small, but powerful, just what I wanted to convert old 78 rpm shellac based records to digital mp3 tracks. I thought it was very well priced and hope to get a second or third one as well. Some users might 'think' that it is not recording when they go through the directions to start a recording, but I found that even if it is not giving much of an indication of 'recording', it IS really actually 'recording' when you go through the written instructions correctly. Not hard to do. I hope it keeps on working so good as it does now. That will make me happy enough to buy a couple more of them when I can afford it. The only thing that could make it 'nicer' is if it had remote control capability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked once, July 28, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this product!, January 21, 2013
Let me be honest: I bought this product based on a lot of research, for one specific purpose, and for that purpose, it is just right. I do NOT use this product as a USB turntable, but as an MP3 player for a visually-impared 90+ year olds. When a pre-loaded SD card is inserted into the slot, and the on/off/volume knob on the left is rotated clockwise, it "clicks" as the switch is turned on, and the SD card boots up, and automatically begins playing the first file on the card. This is a dead-simple mechanical interface, which is familiar to an elderly person. I just tell them: "Click it on, and wait for it to warm up-- it will start playing. If you get lost, turn it off, count to three and turn it on again." (It resets to the first file again). The sound quality is not very high, but the thrill of getting "their music" in a user-friendly format makes it very worthwhile. The musical source is fine, but the amp and speakers are just what you'd expect-tinny. To compensate, I have added an external powered speaker via the headphone jack, and now they have a Glenn Miller dance hall anytime they want one-- which has been every day since I gifted it to them. Very satisfying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok., May 20, 2012
I thought how bad can it really be... I'm sorry I ordered it. And I'm too lazy to return it.
Cons:
1. The turntable sounds garbled. Shaky
2. The sd and USB recording turns out slightly distorted.
3.bad sound/ amp speakers. Can bearly hear it. But does sound good through ext sound amp speakers through earphone aux
4. Worth only half as much as I payed for it.

sorry Pyle electronics, but I hope your other audio equipment is not this bad. 2 more strikes your out of my house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not top of the line, but very good for the price!, September 24, 2013
The volume is low.
The instructions are vague.
It works great otherwise, once you figure it out.
It works great for copying my old LP's
I believe it is a great value for the money.
It does not use Apple software and that is the reason I chose it. I don't want anything to do with Apple and their over priced proprietary stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyle of junk!!!!!!!!!!!!, January 31, 2014
DO NO BUY!!!.I t Bought this #### and it worked for 5 minutes and died. Never again from (warehouse deals).

2.0 out of 5 stars Plays the album nicely enough but won't record, December 31, 2013
We got this as a gift for Christmas and it's being returned because it won't record to the USB thumbdrive. We attempted on two different thumbdrives and still, no recording.
I would not recommend this if you want to record your old vinyl.

Rate and Discover Movies