4.0 out of 5 stars similar to what I get at the aesthetician
After reading the reviews on Amazon, I bought the PMD through Groupon. I have very sensitive skin and see my aesthetician regularly. If I'm in an IPL cycle I get a microdermabrasion treatment right before the IPL. Otherwise I get a light acid peel and SonoPeel. I was really hesitant because of all the reviewers who got scrapes and scabs...I don't want to mess up my...
Published on December 15, 2011 by Otterific

3.0 out of 5 stars FOLLOW DIRECTIONS OR ELSE
okay so after reading the reviews on here and looking on youtube I decided to by this Item, I just got it in the mail today and already I've used it on my face and the stretch marks on my boobs (just being honest lol). I have dark African American skin and I've had acne since I was 14 which left behind very bad acne scarring. I wanted something that was going to remove...
Published on March 30, 2012 by domo

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhmazing!, May 15, 2013
This review is from: PMD-Personal Microdermabrasion Skincare System (Health and Beauty)
I'm an older woman with good skin but I have a few wrinkles and a couple of those nasty sun spots. I want to age naturally so I don't go in for fillers and lasers and all that other stuff (yet)... but I want to look my best and prefer at home treatments. This PMD device is great! I've used it for about a month now and I can tell that little lines are disappearing and some of the blemishes are starting to fade. I am very impressed and will continue to use it. I've not had any issues but one time I must have lingered too long in a sensitive spot as I ended up with a small scab - all went well and in a couple of days my skin was back to normal. So, please do read directions, do start with the lowest abrasive disc and once you learn how to use it then start moving up in abrasiveness. I'm just now moving to the blue disc and have ordered some red. I also started using it now on my neck and chest to see if there is any hope for recovery in that area. I'm a faithful sun screen wearer but rarely put it on neck/chest so it has aged faster than my face. We shall see how this little wonder does over the next few months. I would highly recommend this little machine - it's awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT AT-HOME RESULTS, August 6, 2012
Lisa McDaniel (PHOENIX, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
I have only used the training disc and the blue sensitive disc (once each), but so far I am pleased with the performance. I've had quite a few professional microderms and I'd say these results were comparable and probably would have been moreso had I used the green disc. Based on the other reviews, though, I've chosen to be very careful as the unit is fairly powerful and I can see how it could cause some degree of injury if you do not follow the video and written instructions and use it with caution. Do that, I experienced no visible abrasions on my face or neck and only temporary redness on my neck, none on my face. It left my skin much smoother and I look forward to continued cumulative results.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN LOVE!!!, November 11, 2012
ktalk "kf" (san francisco, ca) - See all my reviews
I am really happy that this tool was invented! It is amazing! I've used this 5 times now and it has made my face so smooth! My pores are getting smaller and it's starting to minimize my acne scars. I can tell a big difference in 4 weeks! my friends and family notice the difference as well, So they too ordered this as well. I highly recommend the PMD Personal Microderm! So easy to use, perfect for traveling. Love it so much! So worth the money!

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful or you will harm your face!!!, October 6, 2011
L. Angel (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
So I got my PMD yesterday finally, I order this device from HSN at a decent price $99. I opened it and watche the video 2 times. Well the video just gave me an idea on how to use it i tried it on my hand first then i decided to start on my lower right jawline I guess I pressed to hard and the point where i stopped did not pull the suction fast enough and suction my skin it left me a mark kind of like when you get a tb test it got raised like that but with a scabb!! I Kept going this time my hand was faster and i put less pressure, I try to go as fast as my hand could, did excelent on forhead, chin area, upper lip, nose but when i got to my right cheek it burned me by the cheekbone, i kept going because at first it only felt like a mild sunburn but after finishing with that area it got really red and started to hurt really bad, I've had laser done on my face for acne scars and they were strong lasers that left me red and hot but never hurt. I did use the blue tip to begin with but I guess tip is not gentle enough. That was yesterday and this morning it still hurts a little but now that area about 2 inches in diameter on my cheekbone is begining to scab!! I read many reviews and I guess I will have to wait about a week for it to heal. In the mean time i will have to put my hair down to the side to cover it up, I put on some epionce barrier cream that i had when I got a strong yag laser for acne scaring, and even that hurts to put on so i won't even try makeup for now. overall I think the only job it does is remove all the dead skin cells the part where it went ok, feels smoother, after all like somebody mentioned its like using a sander on your skin. I guess what you pay for at the dr's office is the aesthetician's experience, it's not worth to save some $$$ and end up scabbing your own face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great!, December 12, 2012
I have only used the PMD for the past couple of weeks and I love it. I am only on the blue (for sensitive skin) and I make two passes over my face, neck and chest. I haven't had any negative results at all. I was definately shocked by the amount of suction this machine has. It definately works. It works so well that if your not careful you could mess yourself up. lol! Unfortunately my boyfriend was my guinea pig and I accidentally put a couple of light scratches on his face (my fault since I'm a noob). His face was also red and he said it felt stingy. Maybe this is because he's never had anything done to his face like this or he has extra sensitive skin. As for me my face was barely red and felt great. Because the results are so god I have been tempted to use it more than once a week but so far I'm holding back. I would use it at night so if your face is a bit red that should subside by the morning.

It is definately comparative to dermabrasion at a doctors office for much less!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good device, October 17, 2012
This product has been a life changer. Cost a lot but am saving lots of money not buying different face wash products and going to get facials. If u have acne scares this device works. No need to put on different creams. I use this with a gentle acne wash and I love using this device every week.

2.0 out of 5 stars broke 6 months later, April 5, 2012
This would have been nice if it had a shelf life of more than 6 months. I plugged it in one day and it just stopped spinning. It did do a good job with microdermabrasion.

1.0 out of 5 stars loved it until the cord broke, April 5, 2012
**UPDATE** I've been using this device for 10 months and loving it, but this weekend the cord completely broke off at the device end of the plug. It is now completely unusable. Looking at the cord closer, I see there is no strain relief from the wires into the plug. I'm going to contact the manufacturer for a possible replacement power cable but unless they redesign, it will continue to happen.

April 2012: I bought this product on a recommendation from a friend, but not before I had done my own research. I am completely satisfied. I have rough, dry skin on my face and body, especially my chin, which causes me to have ingrown hairs and acne. I've been on antibiotics for two years with only minimal success, and I'm not happy about being on prescriptions. Cleansers don't work at all, only worsen the problem, and I only see some minor results with regular facial scrubs, which are time consuming to use. I started using the PMD and within the week I could see the difference. I didn't fulfill my antibiotic prescription at the end of the month, and I am still happy. My skin is smoother than it has been in 15 years, the minor acne scarring is going away, and I'm getting very few breakouts. I am now comfortable wearing much less makeup, which also makes me happy. I am glad to have finally found this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Improvement!!, May 24, 2011
Wow...amazing product....I saw this system on 'The Doctors' .....I was convinced it would be a great investment and for the price? It's definitely worth the splurge! I've used this on my face probably four times by now and I can tell it's made a big difference in my skin. I'm 23 currently but have a few fine lines and rough skin from numerous acne products over the years and unfortunately people mistake me for being around five years older then I actually am....which is awful to hear at this early of an age. After using this system, I've had folks ask me numerous times if I've just graduated from high school!! lol...So obviously it's made a pretty impressive improvement in my skin, especially my large pores and rough skin texture. However I will say it's easy to be over-exuberant with the abrasion process especially after you see the results.....the third time I did it I over sanded my cheek area underneath the eyes and ended up with pretty significant scabbing, which scared the daylights out of me since I scar pretty easily....after it healed though my skin was back to normal and if anything even smoother in the area it had scabbed over!! Highly recommend this product...but definitely take the time to watch the instructional video!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price for such a great appliance., January 29, 2011
Was pretty skeptical when I purchased this but read many great reviews and decided to go ahead and get one. I love it, I wish I'd known about them sooner. It's so convenient and wonderful to be able to do my own microdermabrasion and not even have to leave the house. Noticed it worked wonderful right away and I would recommend this to anyone who's able to follow the instructions on the Dvd because once you've actually watched the video you'll know how to use it properly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›