5.0 out of 5 stars It's all right for the price
I received this today and so far have basically no problems.

Published on December 19, 2011 by Anonymous

1.0 out of 5 stars One Bad Stick
Received product in timely manner. Product was new in package but when installed, only one stick worked. Got two other opinions and same conclusion was met. I'm very familiar with computers inside and out. Unsatisfied.
Published 16 months ago by Jeremy

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all right for the price, December 19, 2011
This review is from: PNY OPTIMA 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit DDR2 667 MHz PC2-5300 Desktop DIMM Memory Modules MD4096KD2-667 (Personal Computers)
I received this today and so far have basically no problems.

Both sticks went in easily and were recognized immediately. I did, however, get a warning message after I installed it that said "your RAM would perform better if both sticks were equal amounts" before Windows booted up. Odd, since both sticks WERE equal amounts, and were installed in slots directly beside each other as recommended.

A bit of research revealed that the problem is with 32bit Windows XP and its inability to read more than 3.23gb of RAM. I am not sure if this means the RAM's dual channels are still taking effect (to make use of the dual channel, you have to install the sticks beside each other in matched pairs). Just thought I'd mention that. It is not a problem with the RAM, but rather a result of a limitation within Windows. If you have 64bit Windows, this might not be an issue.

All in all, a nice, inexpensive kit. There are a lot of people here complaining that their RAM was either partially or totally dead, and I believe them. However, I'd like to point out that before buying this, I did some research into the quality and lifespans of other brands to try to get the best deal, and found the same complaint across the board with pretty much all of the brands I considered before settling on this one. I believe it's a problem of cheap RAM in general. For the price, you're probably going to have the same amount of luck with other brands.

I'll be putting an update here if anything goes wrong with this product in the mean time.

And finally, a word to the wise: your motherboard can only support certain amounts of mhz even if the RAM is the same type your board uses. Some types of RAM run at higher mhz than others and you need to make sure your board supports it before you buy. For the record, the packaging of this kit states that it can be used with 667mhz, 533mhz and 400mhz boards.

5.0 out of 5 stars pny memory, March 24, 2008
i'm using this product 2 gig x2 and 1 gig x2 for a total og 6 gig on a Asus M2N-SLI Delux Green nVidia Socket Am2 ATX with AMD Athalon 64x2 6400+ black edition i could have not made a better choice this product is truly top of it's line thanks PNY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Value, June 26, 2009
Bought this memory for my slow desktop and it is awesome. Just opened the case, popped them in and booted up. It works perfectly and my system screams along with excellent speed. The price was incredible for the excellent quality of this product. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised!, June 26, 2008
Installed with no problem. However, I did make sure it was compatible with my system before installing. Works as advertised although Vista 32 bit can not use the full 4 gig.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4gb's of older memory, February 11, 2013
Bruce Sobocinski (Shavertown Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Not much to say about the PNY memory besides it is very good and it was rather cheap which is great since its for an older machine. Ran a memory test (which you should always do with new memory) and it tested out fine. Cheap 4gbs to extend the life of an old pc was well worth a couple dollars

5.0 out of 5 stars Price was right, PNY quality is great, May 26, 2012
I was basically experimenting, seeing if I could take a Dell E310 two memory slot machine up to 4GB. I had 2x1GB in it which Dell claims on their site is the maximum, likewise stated on Crucial's website.

With the price of this kit below $40 on Warehouse Deals, I figured I'd give it a shot. Machine BIOS recognized all the memory, unfortunately, the Windows XP only recognized 3GB (known fact that XP will only recognize 3 or 3.5GB maximum physical memory). Not a big deal - 3GB is still more than the 2GB it had been running with previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer memory upgrade, April 19, 2009
Anyone that knows anything about computers will tell you with today's programs on your computer, more physical memory is a must. Check to see what you have and how much you can add and, chances are your computer will speed up to where it used to be. This PNY memory sure did the trick for my old Dell and the price was great on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Bad Stick, February 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Upgrade for Dell e310, June 21, 2012
Per Dell they state that the maximum ram/memory for the Dimension e310 is 2 GB. I read another review here on amazon where he tried this 2x2GB ram from PNY and it worked. I have 2 e310 and both dated with 1 GB ram, I purchased this ram here 2x2GB and PNY OPTIMA 2GB (2x1GB) Dual Channel Kit DDR2 800 MHz PC2-6400 Desktop DIMM Memory Modules MD2048KD2-800 so I could give both e310's 3GB ram. It works perfect, I had to install the 2GB stick in the top slot & 1GB in bottom. Upon boot up the bios recognized the ram as 3GB, had to hit continue and windows XP boots and see 2.99GB ram. The dell pc's are alive again. I also purchased 1 more item to test and it works perfect to its HIS ATI Radeon HD5450 Silence 1 GB DDR3 VGA/ DVI/ DisplayPort Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card H545H1GD1 this video card also upgraded this pc to Direct X 11 specs and I can now play some games I have owned but never played like Supreme Commander 1 & 2, my son's spore game. This video card plugs into the PCI-E tiny little slot, the packaging even markets that it works in Dell e310, and it does. $69 for the card, $49 for 2x2GB ram, $27 for 2x1GB ram, upgraded both Dells perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value RAM for A Optimal Price, April 15, 2012
This is not the first time I have bought PNY RAM. In fact this is the 4th or 5th time I have purchased PNY RAM. I buy PNY RAM because it is one of the cheapest in the market and it is also one of the best performing RAM companies in the market. When I am building a gaming PC or a high performance PC I usually buy much more expensive high performance RAM, but for normal everyday desktop PCs this is the way to go. I just recently bought a low-end Dell PowerEdge 840 server that does not require that expensive server RAM. It only requires normal 667 mhz PC2-5300 DDR2 DIMMs. It maxes out at 8GB of RAM, so that is what I purchased. This RAM even performs great in a low-end server. It can handle all the common tasks of a normal power user, checking email, surfing the web, and creating documents. It also handles all of the tasks that a low-end server is used for. I use this server as my primary domain controller on my network since domain controllers do not need a lot of resources, 8GB of RAM is overkill, it only uses 1GB of RAM at any given time. It is never too early to plan for the future when it comes to computers and servers. So to sum it all up, PNY RAM works great in my low-end server. It performs just as any other expensive PC RAM would for almost half of the cost of the other RAM out there today. I will definitely buy more of this RAM if I ever need more.

Rate and Discover Movies