5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money
This is an excellent card for owners of older or low end machines who cannot use newer PCI-E slots or AGP. I have a 3 year-old eMachine which this installed easily in and worked well with. Prior to installing this card, 3D games were jerky and nearly unplayable but this card fixed that up quite well.

Be forewarned though that it won't overcome the limitations...
Published on January 9, 2007 by S.E. Poza

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution, but...
If you run Windows Vista and want two monitors, you need to have them both running on the same driver, so this is a great solution.

If you run XP and are just looking for a second monitor, you don't need the second VGA port here, you can simply get a card with one port and run one monitor off your existing VGA port, one off the new one.

If you don't...
Published on March 14, 2010 by R. Carlson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, January 9, 2007
S.E. Poza (Santa Clara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PNY Geforce FX5200 256MB PCI Graphics Card (Personal Computers)

Be forewarned though that it won't overcome the limitations of a sluggish or cheap processor. It will improve the look and feel as well as screen refresh speed. If you've got a poor integrated graphics chip which off-loads a lot of the graphics rendering tasks onto your CPU, this will help tremendously. It'll also reduce the possibility of overheating.

As a bonus, the card adds a video port as well as S-video (S-video is commonly missing from low-end PCs). S-video allows you to see your computer's screen on your television as well as interface with S-video devices (such as video capture boxes and cameras).

One note about installation though, you will probably have to disable the driver for your integrated video chip to get the card to function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my old Dell E310, September 23, 2009
Sim (Seattle, USA) - See all my reviews
I picked this up recently for less than $30/- and installed it on my old Dell E310 which required a much needed boost. My machine have only PCI slots (and 1 PCI-E 1x) so a PCI card was obvious choice.

Pros:
- Very easy to install (whole process took less than 5 minutes)
- Decent performance for my old machine
- Supports 2 monitors
- Boosted my Vista Experience score (for 3D) from 1.0 to 2.9
- Vista Aero features now run flawlessly on my machine (they would not run on older card).
- Vista installed drivers automatically (I had to do nothing as far as device drivers are concerned)
- Movies and Pictures look a bit better (more sharper with better colors)
- Very competitive price

Cons:
- Absolutely none so far

This card thou does not seem to be powerful enough to run modern games, older games should be fine.
Definitely recommended for home users who cannot upgrade to PCI-E cards.

Update: Feb 2010
I updated to Windows 7 few months back and this card is actually performing even better in Windows 7. For some reason after install, windows experience score (for 3d) came down to 1.0 but after few days and a windows update the score was boosted to 3.0. I am more than satisfied with this cards performance on windows 7.....

Update: Dec 2010
I formated my disk drive and reinstalled fresh copy of Windows 7. This time windows 7 was not able to find the driver. Downloaded and installed the driver from nvidia's website (it was not there on PNY's website) and it works absolutely fine now - very minor inconvenience, its still a 5 star. I also have 2 monitors hooked up and the whole setup works flawlessly with this card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from integrated graphics controller and can see a huge improvement!, November 26, 2007
I have a Dell dimension 2400 desktop with an integrated video/graphics controller (Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller) After reading the reviews on this site, I wasn't certain that the geForce FX 5200 would be much of an upgrade over what I already have. But, I installed the card last night and it is great! I've been trying to play games like Half Life2, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Counter Strike Source, NBA Live 2004, etc. on my PC for a while. And, although these games do run, there is a considerable amount of lag and slowdown which really ruins the gameplay. Especially in games like Half Life2 where there are a lot of things on the screen at the same time. Like a huge open area. Outside maps run extremely poor. But, the geForce FX 5200 gave it enough of a boost where the games run seamlessly, with little to no lag/slowdown. The graphics are noticeable better (lighting, textures, shadows). The load times are faster. I'm very thrilled that such an inexpensive card could make such a big difference. There were maps I couldn't even play on Half Life 2: Deathmatch. But, I played them after installing this card and they run with no problems. I have never used a high-end graphics card before, so I have nothing to compare this card to. But, it is a huge improvment over my integrated graphics chip that came preinstalled from Dell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, great with Vista, July 19, 2007
I purchased this card after purchasing a Windows Vista upgrade for my Dell Dimension 3000 (no AGP or PCIe slots, integrated on-motherboard video, Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2GB RAM). It installed in a snap, the directions were clear and well-written, and I was up and running within minutes. Windows Aero works and looks great. I'm not a gamer, so I can't vouch for how this card performs on really graphics-intensive games, but my flight simulators run smoothly.

Best of all, Vista drivers are included on the CD (and are also available for download from PNY's web site). Vista didn't think twice about hitting the ground running with this card. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1920x1080 Resolution Supported, December 16, 2009
The only thing I want to add to what other reviewers have already said is that this card DOES support the 1920x1080 resolution in Windows XP Professional and probably other operating systems. I bought it to go with a new 21.5" widescreen flatpanel monitor and was unable to find a definitive yes or no on this one question, so I was very relieved when it recognized my monitor's maximum resolution and supported it. I downloaded the latest driver from PNY, so I can't vouch for whether the drivers that came on the CD in the box support this resolution. (When I buy computer hardware I always assume that there has probably been a driver update since they packaged it.)

Anyway, I am very happy that the card does what I hoped it would: allow an old Dell Optiplex 170L with only PCI slots play nicely with a new widescreen monitor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution, but..., March 14, 2010

If you don't have room for another card and this one replaces your exisitng card (thus giving you two VGA ports), this is a good solution.... but...

The "but" is an odd glitch I ran into: At first I set the monitors (Dual DELL 24 ") to both run on the new card. Everything except Remote Desktop (RDP) worked great! RDP, which I use frequently, was incredibly slow. After some futzing around, I discovered that it was the new card - even running just one monitor was slow. RDP works fine on my old card, but if I try to run it on the new card in any configuration, I get really slow response (you can see the characters as they slowly echo back in a text editor).

For me the solution was easy - I just run one monitor on the old card (and always open RDP there) and one on the new card and I have a third VGA port in the back in case I ever want to hook up a third monitor (maybe to watch TV or something). I can do this because I have XP and no plans to upgrade this computer to a later OS so the multiple drivers between the two main displays is fine.

If you don't use RDP, or plan on continuing to use your existing VGA port, this is a great buy and easy to install and it gives you a third VGA port for later use (or a third monitor if you have the deskpace!).

If you use RDP and are solely depending on this to run two monitors (Windows Vista/replacment for single VGA), I'd recommend that you keep looking, perhaps try a higher horsepower unit, one with more memory - I really don't know what the issue is with this card and RDP.

In any case, check out [...] for a great free tool that extends your taskbar to your second monitor and [...] for a free utilityt o allow you to put a second background on that second manitor!

Multiple monitors rule! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars GeForce 256MB Video card, December 12, 2008
The Video card works great, no problems, and I'm using dual monitors.
For the price, I'm well satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain, January 12, 2009
T. Powell (St Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for the wife when I got a new 22 inch monitor, she had a 17 inch, and I thought I would give her my 17 inch and allow her to have twice the 'desktop' space she currently had, and this little card did the trick with flying colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars great video card at a great price, February 1, 2007
great performing card for only $50.00. I had no problem installing. My card even works in a system that is powered by a 180 watt power supply where as pny states it needs a 250 watt supply. This card is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price, great service!, December 29, 2008
For the price this is the best graphics card out there! It works great.

PNY Geforce FX5200 256MB PCI Graphics Card