PNY Optima 8GB SDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card P-SDHC8G4H-GE
|Price:||$4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$26.00 (84%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Class 4 Performance
- Minimum 4 Mb Per Second Write Performance
- Ideal For Latest Digital Cameras & Camcorders
- Record Video & Images, Download Music & Store Images
- Capacity 8 Gb
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Also Available in Frustration-Free Packaging
This product is now available in easy-to-ship, easy-to-open packaging optimized for our customers. See the Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging version.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Get the most out of your digital camera or camcorder with PNY SDHC Memory cards. Ideal for capturing video on digital camcorders.
Store, transport and share all your favorite documents, photos, music, videos and more.
- Record video and images, download music and store images.
- Ideal for latest digital cameras and camcorders.
- Class 4 (minimum 4MB/sec write speed). Also functions with Class 2 host devices.
- Lifetime warranty and free technical support.
Capture, store and share images, video, movies, music, etc. Ideal for capturing video on digital camcorders.
Compatible with most Advanced Point & Shoot Cameras, Entry-Level Digital SLR Cameras, Digital Camcorders, and other SDHC-compatible devices.
What’s in the Box
SDHC Flash Memory Card, Protective Storage Case, Insert Card with Warranty Information and Operating Considerations and Precautions.
* Please note: For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual usable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
** 1X = 150KB/second
*** Number of photos may vary by camera setting and camera manufacturer.
**** Actual number of songs may vary based on file format, compression settings, and song length.
† Please verify that your device supports SDHC. SDHC cards are not compatible with standard SD host devices and card readers, and will only work on SDHC host devices. Check with your device manufacturer to see if the device supports SDHC.
Capacity: 8 GB | Package Type: Retail
Top Customer Reviews
Numerous incorrect ratings are faulting SDHC cards for not functioning properly. It is very apparent that the buyers are not selecting the correct product for their devices. This problem includes the SD card reader devices - users complain they can access the SDHC cards while the cards are in their device but the card ceases to function in their PC reader.
I fault the Sandisk consortium that agrees on design and standards for SD cards. When the SDHC card was developed the consortium designed it with an identical physical appearance (minus the HC logo) to the standard SD cards - knowing full well that the tech is not reverse compatible. I also fault users for not paying closer attention to their purchases. Most SDHC outer packaging I've seen notes that SDHC cards are not compatible with straight SD devices - different manufacturers just make it more or less prominent on packaging.
Additionally, the primary manner in which SDHC cards are rated, by class, is very misleading. Class (Class 1, Class 2, Class 4, etc) dictates a minimum write speed rather than a range. The SDHC manufacturers tend to omit the actual write speed while advertising the card class - which may be very low or high compared to the indicated class rating. Capacity is the typical consumer focus for many users but there are many interested in actual write-speed performance. This dictates whether or not the card throughput will bottleneck and slow a device - especially important in DSLR cameras and HD cameras where the device will simply slow or stop functioning until the card catches up.Read more ›
I have an 8GB SDHC card from SanDisk. I've never had physical size issues with that card.
I have no complaints as far as speed is concerned. Even though the card is branded as a Class 4 card, the HF10 rates it as a Class 6 and sustained transfer rates are in the 12 - 15MB/s range.
I can't speak to reliability. So far, I haven't had any issues with data retention, but then, I don't use these for long term storage. Nor would I ever recommend anyone use this class of flash for **any** long term storage purposes. That's what tape, CDR and DVDR are for.
1. This is NOT an ideal card for a digital SLR like a D80, D90, Rebel XT, etc... That is because it is a class 4 device. The class of a SDHC cards has to do with how fast they read and write files, not how much storage they have. For a digital SLR, you should purchase a class 6 SDHC card most of the time. Class 6 cards will allow you to take 'bursts' of photos and not be limited by the card's capacity to write them. Also class 4 cards are slower reading data, meaning they will take longer to upload files to your computer. Upload speed is convenient, especially when loading large batches of files.
2. This card has far more storage than you need for your digital camera. Unless you like to keep all your photos on a SDHC card and never move them to your computer, there is very little need for more than about 8gb of storage space on a SDHC card. (The possible exception to this is if you have a D700 or other professional SLR that shoots files in the 16-20mb range). If all you intend to use this card for is a digital camera, save yourself a lot of money and buy a PNY 8GB SDHC Card. If you're worried about running out of space on a vacation, buy a few of them.
So what is this card intended for?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product works great...was delivered on time and as promised.Published 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
I used this to set up NOOBS (an operating system installer containing Raspbian) for Raspberry Pi. I was able to set it up easily from my desktop PC. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Taylerzy
Works great for pics and videos in my Canon G10. Very pleased.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer