5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, a few driver issues, still 5 stars
Published on February 16, 2011 by Tyron

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, does not match my other pny gtx 570
Published on June 8, 2011 by D. Thornton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, a few driver issues, still 5 stars, February 16, 2011
This review is from: PNY NVIDIA GeForce? GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with HDMI Output, VCGGTX570XPB (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Personal Computers)
I recently traded in my ATI HD 5870 for this card from nVidia. The reason for the change? I had my last straw with the ATI drivers. The ATI drivers are slow, big and buggy. It seems like every other version of the drivers had some major issue that didn't allow me to use them. I would always keep a running history of drivers and track which ones were acceptable for which purpose. Needless to say, I was sick of it and decided to give nVidia a try.

Not surprisingly, this new nVidia GTX 570 was slightly faster than the ATI HD 5870. The driver download and installation was a breeze. Not only did the drivers work well, but the website also worked (something that ATI can't seem to get right). The website easy to use and remembers what card I selected previously (nice touch). The driver installer is clean, fast, easy to use and doesn't install any game demos like the ATI drivers.

The nVidia control panel is also much easier to use than the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Things are clearly labeled and interactions are simple and make sense. Very refreshing after having struggled through the very poorly designed ATI CCC for the past 1.5 years. You can also setup rule based policies that allow you to change settings automatically when certain criteria are met (very snazzy).

There are a few bugs though. Nothing as catastrophic as what I experienced with ATI, but bugs none-the-less. Certain games like Mass Effect 2 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, are not able to enable Anti-Aliasing. I've researched the problem and at the moment(2-16-2010) there just isn't any way to do it. Forcing anti-aliasing in the nVidia control panel does nothing. There are applications like nHancer which allow you to override these limitations, but nHancer currently doesn't support the GTX 570. I am hoping that either nVidia or nHancer will come out with an update to fix this problem.

There is also a bug in the power management when using 2 monitors. The card/drivers are supposed to turn the clock speed down when idling, this reduces power consumption and heat. This doesn't work when 2 or more monitors are connected. The card constantly runs at 100% power and idles hot at around 56 celsius. If one of the monitors are unplugged/deactivated, the temperature will drop to around 43 celsius. According to the nVidia forums, this shouldn't happen if both monitors are running at the same resolution and sync speed, which mine are. One other solution is to use a second video card, which I might do eventually when I go SLI.

Overall, this card, hands down, is worlds better than the ATI HD 5870. Faster, better drivers, better support in games with physics hardware acceleration support and 3D. With the dual monitor bug, the card does run hotter and consume more power than my ATI did, but I am hoping this and the anti-aliasing bug will be fixed soon. The PNY version of the card works great and is one of the cheapest versions of the GTX 570. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, does not match my other pny gtx 570, June 8, 2011
This product DOES NOT match what Amazon has pictured. For some odd reason PNY has replaced the original design with a completely different type of gtx 570 which is made on a GTX 560 TI PCB. It has a modified (non reference) cooler which dumps heat inside your computer case instead of out the rear exhaust as the reference cooler version did. PNY did not notify anyone of this it seems as there is no change in the product number or revision which is riduluous. I took 2 stars off for this and returned the card. This would have been my 3rd gtx570 for tri sli and it didn't match at all the other 2 in my computer case. I may be a bit nitpicking on this but I dont want any GPU cooler dumping heat in my case with 2 other reference 570 gtx's in there and a heavily overclocked CPU. If I had just one card in my case, with this design, my decision to keep it might have been different. And not letting anyone know or changing the revision number is just cruel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazed, best Price/Performance Ratio Ever., March 26, 2011
Usually I do not bother writing reviews unless I feel my review can truly change one's purchasing decision. I'm an advanced PC User(Game&Overclocker) and have built and used many computers so far. I rarely upgrade because I develop 'love' to all things I buy, thus I make a lot of emphasis on my purchasing decisions and try to buy something that WILL LAST at least 1 year in my PC.

I was an EVGA-Fan and always considered their products first because of how the packaging is, all the goodies you get and their lifetime warranty. However, this time it was not possible to get an EVGA card so I tried PNY which was a LOT cheaper, but had my doubts about the quality.

I was to purchase the ATI Radeon 6950 2GB and mod it to 6970 but only XFX had lifetime warranty and it was $290dlls, so I got this card. At first I felt I had made a bad choice (even though both decisions were good) since sometimes the 6970 beats the 570GTX, but then I set the Overclock and it is way past any other card in their range :). Plus, I enjoy Nvidia's Troublefree drivers.

The Good:
-Insane Speed (that's thanks to Nvidia, not that PNY matters here) over my old 275 GTX. I get >70fps (VSYNC off) with Bad Company 2 at 1920x1200 FSAA 8X, AF 16X all HIGH, HSAO&VSYNC=ON for gaming.
-The Core's Voltage was surprisingly low, only 975mV at 732MHz stock speed. Why is this interesting? I can get 800MHz using 975mV and 860MHz at 1000mV. That is an increase of 18%! Do you feel frightened by changing the voltage? Many many many 570GTX come with 1.000V or 1.032V for their STOCK speed, mine came with .975 and by raising it to 1.000V is completely fine. Just keep it <=1.063V, otherwise you risk your VRM (voltage regulator modules).
-Cooling sufficient. I get top temps of 65ºC using only 65% of the fan. Idles at 45~49 at 40% Fan.

The Bad:
-Nvidia Reference Design: Sadly it comes with the reference design, so no extra VRM's are added to take extra care of the 570GTX. Not a big bad though.
-Would've liked more HDMI outputs. This is purely to have neater cabling.

The Ugly:
-Packaging is horrible. The boxing feels so cheap my milk's company employs better carton than PNY. The box feels so cheap I felt the worst of this product but yet again, who cares? I purchased a VideoCard, not a packaging.

The Awesome:
-$330dlls and Lifetime Warranty? Try beating that!

[UPDATE MARCH/2012]
After having this card for a Year now, it still plays all games at Max or almost Ultra settings at 1200p (1920x1200). Battlefield 3 at HIGH :).

5.0 out of 5 stars PNY GTX 570 best value/bang for the buck, March 13, 2011
AdeoG (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
My previous card was a EVGA GTX260 Core 216. What a major improvement over my old card. I researched other brands like EVGA, Zotac, MSI, Gigabyte. PNY offered a rebate at the time for $30 so I decided to go it, plus a free digital download of Mafia II. PNY also offered a lifetime warranty and that was a dealbreaker over EVGA higher priced similar model. I tried OC this card to Superclock specs, but it was not stable enough in gaming. I believe my lack of experience and knowledge in OC'ing cards was the problem. I don't know how to adjust voltage on the GPU core. So there is no point to OC this card of you get 70+ fps like Battlefield Bad Company 2 with all settings on high, HBAO on, vsync off with 4xAA (I don't see much of improved eye-candy after 4xAA). My temps stayed below 70 C, under load with a customized fan setting. I was not impressed in Mafia II fps performance with high settings and Physx on high, set Physx to Medium and its more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could stand to lose a half an inch!, March 8, 2011
Got rid of my 2 ultra loud, super hot ATI HD4850's running in Crossfire. These things idled at like 68c and I had to run both fans at 62% for that. My computer sounded like a freakin vacuum cleaner. The PNY GTX570 from NVidia idles at 42c and is pretty much silent even when you're playing games. I was with ATI for several cards, but have had Nvidia cards before, as well as 3DFX's, even a Matrox Millenium II, plus others too many to mention.

Got tired of ATI's driver issues and crossfire profiles, renaming .exes for games, profiles that would come out long after you finished a game. That also made me want to go back to a single card solution. I noticed on the video card forums that Nvidia's were pretty tranquil compared to ATI's too. That told me alot about my choice on who I was going to go with this time. Of course there will always be a few games that will take a card to task, none are perfect. Did my homework and decided on the GTX570.

Updated my Vista to accept DirectX 11 and put the PNY GTX570 though it paces and it does perform as fantastic as all the review sites said it would. Been PC gaming since 1987, and I'm pretty stoked playing with it...that's all that counts at the end of the day.

The only complaint I would have, is that even in this old huge Alienware case I'm using, I almost couldn't fit it in with cables running down the back. I was freakin out, but I managed to squeeze it in there. Man! this card is huge! I could of used another half inch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, horrible customer service, September 29, 2011
Kevin Gadd (Palo Alto, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
When I purchased this card, at first I was pretty happy with it. The GTX 570 performs great and runs pretty much any game you can throw at it well with high detail settings at a high resolution.

Unfortunately, within about 6 months, the card began to fail badly - corrupted textures and meshes in most games, and some games caused the PC to lock hard or the game to crash. I sent the card back to PNY for a replacement - paying out of pocket for shipping - only to receive the exact same card back in the mail a couple weeks later. To add insult to injury, they managed to physically damage the card before boxing it up and sending it back to me, so I can't even fit it into my case now.

If you want a GeForce, buy from another vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graphics card, September 28, 2012
I bought this to use in my computer for video editing with Adobe Premiere and After Effects CS5.5. Now there is no rendering while editing in Premiere thanks to the Cuda. Great product for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card!, November 18, 2011
I have had this card for 8 months now. I have had zero issues with it. It is a smoking fast card.

The card is very long so make sure you measure your space :)

I don't really have much more to say other than I would definitely buy another one! I replaced a 5770HD and it is obviously way faster than that. I can't personally compare the speeds to an equivalent Radeon.

-Shay

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets so far, September 7, 2011
Dwaz (Newport, Kentucky USA) - See all my reviews
Got this to replace an older GTX that had crapped out. Installed easily and has been working great. Quieter, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great card, great price, July 14, 2011
Great card. Just sad that the card i got was indeed a PNY but doesnt look exactly like the one on the site. It also has no digital overvoltage so overclocking is limited. Wonder why I got this version of the card rather than the reference with the overvoltage capable. But non the less , great card, everything maxed out on all games thus far. Shipped the card to SOUTH AFRICA in 4 days, now thats great, thanx Amazon. Btw -1 star for the overvoltage issue. But further no objections, spectacular card.

Rate and Discover Movies