5.0 out of 5 stars A very fast card
This card has unbelievable performance in games, second only to the 8800 GTX version. You can run all modern games with all the settings up to maximum. The only one I found that this was not the case was Flight Simulator X, but apparently there is no system in existence that can run that program with the settings set all the way up.

Also, Amazon has been...
Published on March 28, 2007 by The Ocean

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well... but TOO LOUD
Full of power, but also full of wind once you get a game going that puts it to work.

If you can handle the loud fan, you will get good game performance. Personally, I think more attention needs to be put to the noise factor in today's mainstream GPUS.
Published on October 3, 2007 by Paul Gee

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fast card, March 28, 2007
The Ocean (Malibu, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PNY VCG88GTSXPB GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB Graphics Card (Personal Computers)

Also, Amazon has been awesome for ordering computer parts lately. I'm starting to prefer them over Newegg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome DX10 graphics card!, March 26, 2007
I actually own this same card made by XFX rather than PNY, but I was so impressed by the card I wanted to post a helpful review for others!

I have thrown every game I own at it and it has produced stunning frame rates with great video quality. My favorites like Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2 and Quake 4 ran very smoothly on max settings. Even demos of Company of Heros and Supreme Commander had no problems at high settings. Just tried out S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadows of Chernobyl on high settings with no problems and silky smooth frame rates.

My system is based on an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 with 2 gigs of memory and a Creative Xi-Fi card so any in game slowdowns would probably be caused by the CPU not the memory card. For instance Rise of Nations: Rise of Legeneds had a frame rate of around 35 FPS, but I believe that game is just very CPU intensive or poorly written so it doesn't get max. performance on any system at maxed graphical settings.

I have not tried dual-monitor or video out functions. If you need feedback on those items, check another review

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well... but TOO LOUD, October 3, 2007
Paul Gee (United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The top of the top, May 8, 2007
I was thinking on buying a gaming console, but after I saw the computer games with this card, guys... let the kids have that kind of consoles, this card is for extreme gamers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than I expected, September 28, 2007
I was in Iraq when I ordered this. Therefore, I won't comment on the ammount of time it took to receive, although as far as shipping in the United States, it was pretty quick. The only suprising thing was the actual size of the card, it's a lot bigger than any graphics card i've dealt with in the past. Takes up 2 expansion slots, and essentally, 2 PCI Express slots because of its size.

Nevertheless, i've been incredibly pleased with the performance, running Command & Conquer 3 on the highest settings, or Day Of Defeat Source on the highest settings is a real treat. I couldn't imagine running this beast in SLI mode, although i'm certain it's a unique experience. And if I ever change motherboards, or get enough cash together to purchase another one, I may try it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Video Card!, December 16, 2007
Ernesto Mendez "der_kunstler" (Santiago, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This card works like a charm on my new computer... I have a Samsung SyncMaster 206BW 20" Monitor (1680x1050) and it works really nice on the maximum resolution. Under linux it has a very good performance too, nVidia is making a very good job on supporting linux users. This card literally "Flies". With this card you can play any game released to date, so don't be scared anymore by setting graphic/phisics settings to low, since it's going to perform very very fast under heavy loads... Beautiful Card... Before you buy though, verify that your case/motherboard support this card since this device is an investment. Overall, it's just plain beautiful, what else can you ask ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good card, but too wide for my mid tower, January 7, 2008
The video card meet the hype, however the card was too wide for my Antec P183 ATX Mid tower computer case! The card is 2/8 to 3/8 of an inch above the slots width after seating the card (yes, in all the way). I got around it by using two of the disk drive screws to secure the card to the box but this is the first time this has ever happened. So if you're planning to buy this card make sure it's going to fit into the box before you buy it or have some long screws on hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 7, 2008
a_guitarman (North Port FL USA) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent graphics card. But be aware it will take 2 slots a PCI express slot and probably a PCI slot next to it to accommodate the size of the board and fan.
It can generate a lot of heat which will be exhausted out the back and possibly sucked back into the tower causing a heat concern. I am using a Dell 4700 3.2 GHz Pentium 4. Cooling is a concern, but it is working and I am being careful to monitor how high the CPU fan is running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Graphics performance!, January 18, 2007
This thing in a Core 2 duo Rig will run all games available now at max settings. Its a monster(both in size and performance). Will see even more benefits when vista and DX10 games arrive.

5.0 out of 5 stars almost 4 years old and still going strong, December 29, 2010
i bought this card in Feb 2007 for my gaming pc (windows vista, core2quad @ 1.8ghz, 6gb ram, this video card, 24" LCD @ 1920x1200), and its still working perfectly. I have yet to find a game that it can't handle. even GTA IV and Crysis can be run with a mix of medium and high settings.