|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.1 x 6.7 x 1.5 inches|
7" POLISHER/BUFFER SOFT WOOL BONNET & PAD with HOOK & LOOP for POLISHING/BUFFING
|Price:||$12.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fits 5/8" 11 TPI Spindle
- REPLACEMENT KIT for YOUR TORN / WORN / BROKEN pads
- 3 piece synthetic Wool Polishing Bonnets with female Velcro attachement
- 1 Backing Pad with Standard 5/8" 11 TPI Thread. This pad has male type Velcro.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I would send them back except for the price, it's not worth the effort. But I'm looking for something better now.
I did send these back and got a refund from Amazon (way to go!)
I recommend buying the [Makita 192629-7 7-Inch Hook and Loop Pad for 9227C Sander/Polisher] which is sold on Amazon. These have been working great for me. Read my review.
Neiko Professional-Grade Variable Speed 7 Inch Car, Truck and Boat Polisher - Buffer - 1.75 HP, and upon the suggested recommendation from amazon purchased these wool bonnets. Comes in a set of 3 (and a backing plate that I do not need as the buffer comes with one and the extra say's "max 1200 RPM's" so I didn't use it anyway).
1) As others have stated bits of the wool will fly off so while you are buffing you are semi-removing scratches but buffing pieces of wool into your car at the same time - not exactly serving it's purpose and if anything possibly putting new scratches there.
2) MAIN ISSUE: As many have said the stitching on the sides is simply ABYSMAL. After just 10 mins of use on 1500 RPM-2000 RPM's the stitching on the sides started to quickly unravel. Mid-buff I did not realize until I quickly uncovered the area to reveal it has DEEPLY scratched the front hood of my car. The wool bonnet had started tearing off the velcro plate and the remaining velcro/backing plate of device started grouting into my car. I stopped immediately but the damage had been done in 3 close areas. Will never buy this product (The wool bonnets) again, and I highly suggest you also do not as the cost of fixing my car now will supersede the money i paid for my buffer + these useless pads. ANNOYED and now have to pay to fix it :/
Pictures of damages
http://s14.postimg.org/dqbtr3oxt/IMG_0023.Read more ›
The best thing is that if it does while you're in full spin on your vehicle it just grinds the rough underside into your paint.
I will say the price is right for this offering and you could cut the edges off the pads and use them for hand applicators for glazes and waxs, the main velcro pad that goes on the buffer is well worth the price.
If I say that the buffing disks are very poor quality, I'd be insulting other very poor quality buffing disks. These are bad in every way.. the pile is too low, the stitching falls apart, the threads mar the work surface, and the hook and loop fastners give out in short order. Seriously. Draw a face on it and make it a piece of art for your kid or something...
The backing plate is shockingly well made, though, so if you need that and a few shooting targets, this isn't a bad way to go.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like many other reviews, the pads are worthless! If do not keep the pad 100% flat with the buffing surface it will dig into the paint that cannot be buffed out. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Geoff
It will mess a nice paint job up. Maybe for a lawnmower or tractor, not a car. It will burn your paint. I used to scrub my bathtub so I wouldn't waste my money. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Benny
They did not stand up and quickly came apart before we even got through a quarter of the detailing on the car. Very disappointed in product.Published 5 days ago by D. Richards