Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scientific Explorer Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 3, 2008
Although some of the experiments take time to see the results, it's been fun doing them with my son. He is 11 years old and VERY MUCH into science this year. One of his interests is crystals. Fortunately, this kit comes with a few VERY FAST immediate result experiments that were fun to do. Some take up to three days, but they are worth the wait. It does take some adult supervision, but they are very educational. Even my 4 and 6 year old girls are interested in the projects. The directions are easy to follow and all the materials needed are included in the kit. I highly recommend this kit if your child is interested in crystals and watching them grow. :)
11 comment|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2007
The Scientific Explorer's Ultimate Crystal Growining Science Kit Scientific Explorer's Ultimate Crystal Growing Science Kitis a great kit for variety and interaction. I got this for my 8 year old grandson who is a real science 'explorer' and he just loved it. He was into the kit and growing crystals before you could say Jack Robinson. (Okay, that's an old saying!) He loved that there were so many to grow and all the varieties kept him interested. He is a real fan of science experiments and this kit just kept him involved and enthused through all of the kinds of crystals he was growing. It is a real value for the price and I know that any child interested in science will like it.
44 comments|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2009
I bought this kit for my rock crazy wife, and she's having a blast making crystals! She's 64 years old. The crystals she's grown so far are nice sized. The instructions are crystal clear and simple. Measure the chemicals, measure the boiling water, and pour it in a plastic cup is more or less the difficulty of the experiments, and then wait a few days. The longer your willing to be patient, the bigger the crystals. I got her a bunch of little plastic jars to keep them in. She is really happy with this Christmas gift, and I'm having fun looking at them to! Think I'll buy another one.
11 comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2008
I actually purchased 2 of these kits. I bought one for a gift for Christmas for one of my sons and one for myself and my youngest son to see what it would be like. IT WAS AND IS A BLAST. It grows really beautiful crystals. To get really good ones you need to wait longer than it says in the instructions but its worth the wait. You can watch them grow and change and its really educational and fun. I am definitely going to buy more when this kit is gone as its lots of fun. The only downside is that you can not purchase the different packs of crystal growing stuff separately if there is a crystal that you enjoy growing more.
on February 16, 2011
I gave the ultimate crystal set to my very smart 7 year old neice for a Christmas present. I asked today what she liked or did not like about the crystal set. Overall, she LOVED the set but thought that the instructions were not as clear as they could be. She had two experiments in the kitchen she and her dad had made and she was quite excited about the results.
Hope this review is helpful.
denise
on September 27, 2014
After reading the negative reviews, I was sooo careful to follow the directions to the t, make sure everything is clean and dust free - still failed. Not worth the money, definitely not worth the disappointment in your child's eyes.
on March 4, 2008
We bought this crystal kit to help us with a Science fair project for my 2nd grader and although it was a huge hit with the science fair it was not very good as far as instructions go. One of the crystals didn't even grow and my husband is pretty good with science. Also the containers were not big enough to hold the chemicals plus the growing crystals. The blue Geode was my daughters favorite.
on February 24, 2014
We had fun with this kit. We made all of the crystals now that came with it. NONE of them look like the crystals on the box but we still had fun making them. They are fast for crystal growing but many of them still require 24-48 hours to setup and begin forming.
on March 13, 2012
This was a great learning experience for our grandsons. They were able to place the crystals in the dishes and then watch them grow. They had a great time checking their dishes each day and watching the crystals grow in the dish. We would recommend this kit to anyone who has a child who is inquisitive and eager to learn new things. The boys really enjoyed the experience of watching their crystals develop.
on April 30, 2015
I bought this for my science loving niece and she was ecstatic which she opened her present. The crystals grew fast and were beautiful. Her mom sent me pictures of each one after they grew. I would suggest leaving the crystals in the solution a little longer than the instructions say. The longer they sit, the bigger they grow!