4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a decent price
For years I have been using these P-C biscuits for building tabletops and panels in various furniture projects. Since I work with alot of 3/4" - 5/4" wood, I use these #20 biscuits more than the smaller #10 and #00.

Published on February 20, 2005 by Scott Pointon

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong Biscuits, But Inconsistent Quality
These seem to be the most widely sold biscuits. I don't understand why.
Published on June 16, 2000 by Matthew Schenker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong Biscuits, But Inconsistent Quality, June 16, 2000
Matthew Schenker (Western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: PORTER-CABLE 5562 No. 20 Plate Joiner Biscuits - 100 Per Tube (Tools & Home Improvement)
These seem to be the most widely sold biscuits. I don't understand why.
Biscuit joining has become one of the most important aspects of my woodworking, and I have been using Porter Cable biscuits (all three sizes) for some time now. I am surprised at the inconsistency. In a typical canister of 100 biscuits, I have to reject (easily) 20 of them. The rejects are usually:
1. Too thick to go into the slot.
or
2. Broken at the tips (therefore giving less glue surface).
or
3. Cracked on one or both faces. This is not only bad for strength, but it also prohibits easy insertion into the biscuit slot.
When I do find nice ones in the canister, they are very strong. Porter Cable needs to do some quality control on their biscuits, so at least 95% of them are good, or they need to set up some kind of exchange system where woodworkers can turn in their bad ones.
I now have two canister full of "rejects."
Porter Cable has a good reputation generally, and I hope their biscuits will improve to match their other products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a decent price, February 20, 2005

I have not had any significant amount of "bad" biscuits from Porter-Cable. There is an occasional thick one - meaning it either didn't get compressed as it should have or it swelled from moisture - but these are few and far between.

Basically, I have had nothing but good luck with these so I highly recommend them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth a dime., August 23, 2006
You get what you pay for. Only one out of 6-9 will fit if you're lucky and when you only have few minutes to join boards, you'll wish you had spent the extra cash and bought Lamello.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of broken ones..., December 31, 2002
Michael A. Griffith (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I must agree with a previous reviewer about there being quite a few defective biscuits. I picked up several containers at a local home center and took a good look at them. It was very easy to find them with chipped corrners or with cracks. The Freud biscuits that came with my cutter were much better in appearance. I'm not sure how it will ultimately affect the strength of the joint.

3.0 out of 5 stars For Something That Makes Such A Strong Joint -, February 23, 2006
- why so many broken and defective? Now when I go into Lowes and look at their cans I don't see any broken ones. Could it be the shipping method which Amazon uses to receive the items and the shipping method used to send to the customer? It seems that the Biscuits would spend as much time on a truck getting to a Lowes store. I don't know what it is. The biscuits are great and out of a hundred I will have 1 or 2 defects, ie too small (and no it's not my joints that are too big!). The biscuits will measure smaller. I am going to order a few of the 1000 boxes. Maybe the problem is with the plastic can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a fair price, February 20, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars They work., June 22, 2014
Mr. Bill (Brighton, MI) - See all my reviews
The biscuits fit the slots and hold wood together well. That is neither extraordinary nor unsatisfactory - the product performs as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect package..., June 11, 2014
If you are not using biscuit joinery, why not? I have been woodworking for over 30 years and waited more than 29 to buy a biscuit joiner and cannot figure for the life of me why I waited so long. The quickest way to join things together.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, November 15, 2013
It is well made and good quality, glad that I ordered it. I would order it again if needed. excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot biscuits!, September 25, 2013
Larry Hall (Fort Lauderdale Fl) - See all my reviews
Ah, I like this jar of biscuits. They slide into #20 biscuits slots perfectly. I used them to make a plyometeric box and a lectern. They smell good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›