5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Quality, September 18, 2000
This review is from: PORTER-CABLE CFFN250A 2-1/2-Inch Finish Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)
This nailer is very easy to handle, and leaves a very 'clean' hole when driving nails. The guides on the rubber nose allow you to get a great aim on where you are driving your nails. In addition, the light weight and ideal size make it easy to work with this nailer at any angle. The compressor package truly makes it a great value. The compressor is very efficient, to the point that I was surprised it did not run more often. It is fairly quiet (as compressors go), and is light enough and is easy to carry and move around.
The only advice I would offer is to NOT buy the B&C nails that are recommended with this product. They caused problems, such as jamming, 2 coming out at once, or not coming out at all. Get Porter-Cable nails, which are of higher-quality and comparably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value - Get this one!, November 17, 2000
Bill Tillery (Hamilton, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Don't pass up this great value. You get a top quality nailer and a good air compressor too - in one ready to use out of the box kit. The kit includes EVERYTHING (hose, fittings, teflon tape, tool oil, wrenches, safety glasses, & 1000 2 1/2" nails).
NAILER: Quiet, effortless to use, comfortable handle,and a great range of nails (3/4" - 2 1/2"). Installs oak trim without cracking, including shoe molding. No more drilling, hammering, and setting nails! Can be set up as "trigger fire", or for real speed, "bottom fire". You just hold the trigger and bump the gun into the wood.
COMPRESSOR: Lightweight - but a little noisy. The 6 gallon capacity and the effieciency of the gun means it won't cycle too often. It also doesn't trip the breaker like my other compressor does, due to the low current draw (max. = 10 amps).
If you already have a small compressor then the nailer (FN250A) is still a great choice by itself. But if you need a nailer and a compressor, this is by far the best value.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great value!, July 22, 2000
This combo pack is just what the beginner woodworker needs for those home improvement/hobby projects. The depth adjustment feature is a real plus. The range of nail sizes which can be used with this nailer make it an excellent choice for all types of projects from crown molding to fine furniture. I shopped several retail stores, catalogs, and home improvement centers for comparable prices and values and this combination, with nailer, compressor, and all the needed hoses and fittings was, by far, the best value I was able to find. Most nailers alone cost more than this set and the quality of the tools was all I had hoped it would be. I also enjoyed the convenience of ordering the nails I needed for each project on the same site as the tools themselves. No more shopping around for what I need. It is right here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance and value! I am impressed!, October 21, 2000
"madhatter79" (Hampton Bays, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This combo kit is a great value. Lightweight compressor delivers all the power and performance you need for this finish nailer. Not quite as noisy as I had expected and the maximum 10 amp draw is a bonus too! No more trips to the breaker panel on a busy worksite! Excellent set up, nailer performs very well, just a bit noisier than some others when firing. Effortlessly drove 2" inch nails through two pieces of oak flooring when I first tested it. This is a great duo for first time buyers as well as seasoned pros alike. Nice carry case for the nailer offers protection when not in use. Compressor has convenient hand slot on top for ease of lifting and transporting. Great value combo from Porter-Cable that delivers. Overall, I am pleased with the combo. Compressor is made in USA, nailer is made in Taiwan. As a professional finish carpenter, I highly recommend this combo. The BN200A 18ga.finish nailer makes a great companion brad nailer. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely No Problem Tool, September 22, 2001
This is the only 5 star rating I've awarded any tool. I have used it for several months and a couple of thousand nails and have not had one jam. I have not identified any flaws with this combo set and recommend it without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Combo will have your project nailed down !!!, May 28, 2001
Daniel J. Maloney (Hampton, VA United States) - See all my reviews
My Wife got me this PC combo for an I Love you gift. It works like a dream. I've shot mails from 1" - 21/2" with out one jam. It never failed to fire properly even in Oak. The nose piece make it easy to get the nails just were you want them everytime. And with the depth adjustment on the gun you can quickly change settings. It a great value and for those woodworkes who want a air nailer this combo should fit the bill. I sure there are those who may feel that an air nailer is just for those to lazy to nail by hand there not if you've ever made small boxes and tryed nailing them together you know it not and easy task. With me PC FN250. That same box went together in no time. Porter-Cable has really out done shown thay are still the leader when it comes to great tools. Get one and start getting you next wookworking project nailed down. And at a price that will be hard to beat for qualty adn value. Well done Porter-Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars PORTER CABLE NAILED THIS ONE, July 19, 2001
"jimmy2f" (barnhart, mo United States) - See all my reviews
LOVE THIS COMBO! ITS VERY PORTABLE, HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX AND FIRE IT UP. IT WILL SHOOT A WIDE RANGE OF NAILS. IT WILL SHOOT THE 2 1/2 NAILS WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE. THE GUN HAS NEVER JAMMED, IT IS VERY EASY TO CONTROL THE DEPTH OF THE NAIL EITHER FROM THE ADJUSTMENT ON THE GUN OR THE REGULATOR ON THE COMPRESSOR. THE COMPRESSOR ALWAYS HAS SUFFICIENT AIR. IT IS A LITTLE LOUD AND GETS HOT TO TOUCH. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU GET A LONGER AIR HOSE AND KEEP THE UNIT OUTSIDE. THIS COMPRESSOR SHOULD FIRE A FRAMING NAILER AS WELL, BUT IT WILL RUN MORE OFTEN. THIS IS A GREAT BUY. PORTER CABLE HAS DONE IT AGAIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous..., December 5, 2001
Paul C Suter "pcs380" (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I cannot tell you how many projects I have completed or are swimming in my mind now that I own this nailer and compressor kit. It was extremely easy to set up and has worked flawlessly. The compressor is so easy to carry around and holds enough capacity so that I can carry it into closets or other small spaces without having to worry if electrical outlets are nearby. It takes mine less than a minute to refill if I use all the compressed air. The nailer itself is easy to use, not too heavy, and I like the adjustable exhaust. It was easy to load and I was able to place my brads right were I wanted to without any kickback or bouncing. This was my first time to use a pneumatic nailer. Outfitted with an air chuck, I can keep all the motor vehicle tires filed without running to the gas station, and by purchasing a nozzle, I can keep all my other tools free of sawdust. I am glad I own this!

5.0 out of 5 stars More High Ratings, August 8, 2001
Sean Flanagan (New Berlin, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent tool combo pack! Looks like it's already been said, but I'll add to the positive comments by saying that the nailer is very light weight and fires flawlessly. The compressor works very well and is remarkably air tight (held full charge for more than two weeks). I've also used the compressor with a framing nailer and it kept up with no problems. I am very happy with the purchase of this combo. Great deal for name brand quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy not very portable with NO handle., December 9, 2001
Both the compressor and the nailer work at least as well as advertised. The only gripe is a nuisance one. There is no handle to pickup or move the comprssor around, and there are no obvious places to pick it up. The only place to grab is the plastic cover over the compressor pump, and that appears never to have been intended for use as a handle. The whole package is compact, and not too heavy to lift, but exceedingly awkward with no handle to grab. I have seen other models with a "C" shaped handle to pick it up, but not this one. Will contact Porter Cable and see if there is an accessory or aftermarked handle abailable.

Rate and Discover Movies